Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: staind ( )
Date: March 21, 2015 02:41AM

Mormons are some of my closest friends.

they are real.

they have fear.

they have doubt.

they drink.

they gamble.

they cheat.

they lust

they live.

The Mormons that are so despised here are a small but powerful piece of the puzzle. So many mormons that I know have no problem admitting to doubt. Most of them will laugh at the faith with me yet hold on because........who knows, so many reasons. To the lifers, it was instilled early and we all know it's a powerful force. To the converts, something struck them. So what. Good for them. Maybe they become lifers maybe not.

Life is to short to hate a group of people who find purpose in a religion that we can no longer relate to.

So many of them are good people who simply weigh the options and determine that they are going to stick with it. God bless 'em.

Not every mormon, not even every active mormon buys in to the rhetoric from slc. They simply roll with a faith that provides some answers and leaves many of them wanting.

sometimes the petty bashing of these folks here is over the top. Almost to the point of taking pleasure in any pain that mormons suffer. what a dark use of energy.

Not a single one of us has this existence figured out. The surest among us are likely the most insecure in reality.

I wish every single person peace and hope in whatever interpretation they have this world. I just hate the bashing.

Sorry gang. About 8 beers in. Just venting with the help of some truth juice.

I don't know. Just hate negativity towards any group of people and I think a lot of mo's get lumped in to a stereotype of the annoying albeit powerful minority of mormons in the world.

who knows. Peace. Time for number 9

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Chump ( )
Date: March 21, 2015 02:53AM

I think most people here hate Mormonism, not Mormons. I love Mormons. All of my family are Mormons. Most of my friends are Mormons. I know many have been abused by Mormons, have been shunned by entire groups of Mormons, etc..., but I don't think that is the case for most. We just hate that deceitful leaders are robbing our families of time, money, quality of life, etc...

Date: March 21, 2015 03:00AM

Ya well said chump.

I agree.

It's just that a certain contingent here just seems to take sick pleasure in the pain of mormons. That's brutal. That's sick thinking.

If you take pleasure in the pain of someone else because of their belief system then you're a sick fuck (I'm not referring to you).

Life is a puzzle. Mo's connect the dots in their way. Atheists in their way. Eastern faiths in their way. Protestants in their way.

God bless them all. If there is a God I believe he does in fact bless them all. If there's not then so be it, but who can fault people for hoping through there preferred faith for something bigger than this sometimes miserable fucking world.

Anyhow thanks for your thoughts. I pretty much concur

Posted by: Ftw ( )
Date: March 21, 2015 02:57AM

Most folks here are not negative towards Mormons, they are negative towards the orginization. Never noticed a dark energy here, I have felt darkness at General confrence and while being questioned about sexuality at the hands of unlearned, unqualified clergy.

Date: March 21, 2015 03:03AM

Look a little closer ftw. There's some flat out hatred spewed here.

Posted by: Ftw ( )
Date: March 21, 2015 03:11AM

Anger is an acceptable emotion after leaving tscc. If this board is a safe outlet, great, much better than directing that energy in worse ways.

Date: March 21, 2015 03:20AM

No question. Not trying to minimize anyone's anger toward mormonism. if some bigoted hatred posted here gets it out of their system then good deal I guess. It's just ugly.

Having said that i sympathize with the pain that any and all here are going through and wish them well in their pursuit of happiness.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: March 21, 2015 03:00AM

There are two kinds of people here: those who bash Mormons and those who bash their religion. But I agree, it's wasted energy. It lowers your vibration. If you want to raise your vibration in the most effective way possible, watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CYS6nbtdMY

If anything, Mormons should be pitied and prayed for. They surely are an unfortunate lot.

But RfM is here for people who have nowhere to go for justice, so let them vent. This process we're going through isn't pretty but it is transformative.

Date: March 21, 2015 03:16AM

Ya no doubt bradley. People have the right to vent for sure. The venting renders them as ignorant as some of the most annoying mo's though.

a lot of people here demonstrate utter hatred toward all things mormon including, well mormons.

That's bigotry. That's unhealthy. that's wrong.

i know so many mormons who admit freely that there's some huge unanswered questions about their faith. for any number of reasons they stay and adapt and make it work.

good for them. total separation is not the answer for everyone.

so much judgement here toward people who stay. total bullshit. if it keeps a family intact then God bless them. you can't judge a person for that (well of course you can but it makes you a shallow asshole :)

Like i said.......peace to all in their pursuit of happiness. just hate hatred.

Number 10 coming up.................

Posted by: peterlynched ( )
Date: March 21, 2015 09:53AM

Dude, apparently in your inebriated state you missed the irony of you jumping on a group of people (the ones that are very justifiably angry with Mormonism AND Mormons in general) because they are jumping on another group of people.

Mormons, not just Mormonism, have caused a great deal of suffering and pain to those who have doubts and have left. You are using some anecdotal examples to back your claim that "most mormons acknowledge their doubts". You are claiming that most Mormons are chill, and it's the minority that are impossible pricks. I would venture a guess that many would disagree with you.

I find this happens on here with regularity. Someone finds a way to exist comfortably among Mormons, within their little sphere, which is quite different from the next exmo, and then uses their situation to give the rest of us shit for not being fortunate enough to be in that position. It's complete horseshit. I say to those people, get off your fucking high horse. Some of us are stuck for the time being in the middle of Utah County. Some of us can't just up and move right now. And some of us find it much more difficult, given the people we deal with, to not be angry at the constant, day to day headache that is dealing with mormons and mormonism.

To sum up; We are all different. If we are angry, don't tell us we don't have reason to be. Until you live my life day to day, you haven't a fucking clue.

Posted by: Delila ( )
Date: March 21, 2015 11:21AM

As long as that asshole cult has my family captured and draining their resources so they can build their corporate empire, and as long as they continue sending out 80K missionaries to tear down the religions of my Christian friends, SCREW THEM! My anger will continue HOT AND HEAVY!!

Two things will mitigate my hostility.
1. They cease making unsubstantiated claims (being the one and only true church), and...
2. They call ALL their missionaries home.

Moism is a FRAUD--a business hiding behind the name of Christ.
I will continue to give them no quarter.

BTW.
My best friend is LDS, but that doesn't lessen my contempt for LDS incorporated.

If that makes me a bigot, I'll wear that label proudly.

Posted by: neverevermo ( )
Date: March 21, 2015 11:38AM

+1

Posted by: Commenter ( )
Date: March 21, 2015 03:12AM

That video you posted above is another example of a CULT guru.

(???)

Date: March 21, 2015 03:43AM

A teacher tells you what you already know in a new light.
A cult guru tells you whatever feels good.

Which plays right into this thread. It's nobody's business, no matter how right or wrong they are, to be an arbiter of truth because truth can't go from the outside in.

The truth is yours to find. A gift. Nobody has any business unwrapping your gift.

The key to everything you can imagine lies within your heart. How many people want to hear such hippy dippy dribble? Only people who already know it.

Date: March 21, 2015 03:49AM

Just blew my f#cking mind bradley. well said. 7.5 billion of us trying to make sense of it all. find your truth people. let others do the same.

peace

Posted by: cupcakelicker ( )
Date: March 21, 2015 06:43AM

bradley Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> A teacher tells you what you already know in a new
> light.

No. No. No.

This is New Age crystal vibration voodoo bullshit. A THERAPIST tells you what you already know in a new light. In fact, they just repeat what you tell them, but in the form of a question, just like Alex Trebek.

I spend the majority of classroom time constructing a framework for learning, especially early in the term. After that, a bit of time is spent reinforcing the weaker parts of that framework, and the balance is spent filling it in. The longer I teach them, the better, as I begin to understand what they've learned and how they learn, so that I can ensure that every kid is ready for what I teach next. Early on, it's a serious pain in the ass, especially with large classes, but it's worth it. Typically, my students score quite poorly for a few weeks, but by the end of the first term the class is a breeze and the final exam just a formality. If they already know what I'm teaching them and they have a good framework in place, I talk to the principal and they get moved up.

Teachers teach you how to learn, and then they teach you. If you already know these things, you're in the wrong class. Unless it's Sunday.

Posted by: Heretic 2 ( )
Date: March 21, 2015 01:14PM

+1

You go to teachers to learn things you don't know. Suppose I want to learn calculus. I will go to a class because I honestly don't know calculus. The teacher will teach me stuff I never knew before. It is not like I already knew calculus and the teacher wants to teach it to me in a new light.

Date: March 21, 2015 02:26PM

Derp, I always forget about the gulf between the inner and outer worlds. Heart teachers and mind teachers getting lumped into one group. It gets confusing. Both are guides, but to different places.

It's monkey see, monkey do but with different species of monkeys.

Date: March 21, 2015 03:50AM

I better pass on number 11.

Much love to all, and best wishes in your journey here.

Hate sucks!

Posted by: Breeze ( )
Date: March 21, 2015 04:01AM

Many people we love are Mormons. I walked on egg shells and sweetly suggest that maybe someone who has been sick and unable to work for several months could use her tithing money to pay hospitals and co-pays. The bishop blew up at me, as though I was planning on stealing God's money. I told him I was struggling for my life, and had no one to support my children, if I died. He threatened me that if I didn't pay tithing every month, God would withdraw his blessings, and we would fail financially. Worst of all, I would get SICKER! (I was so close to death, that I couldn't get sicker.)

We, on the other hand, just make little hints and suggestions: "Little Hubert is shy, and maybe he's to young to go alone on the Pioneer Trek. Maybe we who have left the church are not so lazy, offended, and we do NOT want to sin...."

Why can't I yell in my bishop's face, that Joseph Smith was a liar, and a polygamist, and he conned our ancestors, and he raped unwilling little girls. Bishop! YOUR wife is the one in and out of mental institutions, and taking heavy psychotrophic drugs just to live from one day to the next. YOU are the one who went bankrupt, You are the one who lost your house.

After seven years of Mormon garbage, I'm sick of everything being one-sided. They can stalk our children, try to turn Mormon family members against us, harass us for your time and free labor, relentlessly accost us for MONEY. And, we can't even tell them the TRUTH we found on their own LDS.org website?

They screamed "persecution! Breeze is evil!" and a few years later they admitted to the very facts that they were terrified I would tell them. I didn't tell the, because, honestly, by then, they worn't worthy of my consideration. I got my family out, and have to work hard enough keeping the Mormons away from us.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: March 21, 2015 05:33AM

Strange that Mormons often can dish it out, but can't take a fraction of similar treatment. Truth is they feel they're in charge and we have to know that isn't the case. Exmormons like you are wiser, braver, and more resilient than that mean stodgy old bish ever can be from his perch in the Mormon hierarchy.

Posted by: annieg ( )
Date: March 21, 2015 09:29AM

Well said. My sentiments exactly.

Posted by: annieg ( )
Date: March 21, 2015 09:26AM

When people here take pleasure in something bad happening to Mormons, it is taking pleasure in something bad happening to the organization not individual mormons. The exceptions are when specific Mormons especially those in power, try to force their beliefs on others or try to enact laws that harm innocents. How dare they treat their own gay children in a way that causes a startlingly high number to commit suicide.

Public ridicule does work. If it did not, blacks would still not have the priesthood although for the life of me I cannot understand why any black person would join this particular cult. Public ridicule is very gradually forcing the church to soften their words towards the LGBT community.

So if you are so against the so-called Mormon bashing, are you also against all the bashing that the church does against anyone who does not follow their ridiculous rules (bare shoulders on prom dresses, really?)

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: March 21, 2015 10:26AM

I am positive towards the truth.

Mormonism doesn't fit in!

Posted by: Mark Sessions Jenson ( )
Date: March 21, 2015 10:36AM

Sooner or later. And hopefully at this point in history sooner. Mormons will get the point. They are not needed. Not wanted. And not, I can't stress this enough, welcome.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: March 21, 2015 11:30AM

Telling anyone their emotions are wasted energy doesn't change the existing feeling. It might repress it or intensify it or it might layer on more feelings of negativity.

There's no way to know if the majority of emotions for strangers on the internet are a waste or not. It's a stretch to say that to a close family member or friend since judgment is subjective. It's way wild imagining to make the claim for hundreds of strangers based on next to no real experience with them.

So what is wasted? Perhaps the energy of telling posters how they ought to feel.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: March 21, 2015 11:34AM

Exactly.

Good luck telling everyone here how to feel or act.

Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: March 21, 2015 11:34AM

Logic isn't negative.
Love isn't negative.
If we love people, we should want them to be free from the coils that enslaved us.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: March 21, 2015 12:02PM

I refuse to apologize for objecting to hateful treatment. I have bristled under judgment and accusations of Satanism that were delivered by Mormons. Mormon people, not buildings or manuals, were my tormentors, and I repudiate and criticize them for their actions. I will not wring my hands and wonder what's really in their hearts.

Posted by: Ex-Sister Sinful Shoulders ( )
Date: March 21, 2015 12:35PM

Dear Staind,

"Its not the church, it's the people."
"He was speaking as a man, not as a prophet."

Are you male or female?
Is the church more important to your parents than you are, be they dead or alive?

You are lecturing people how to feel, some are husband's or wives who were divorced, with children turned against them due to the doctrine of the church.

I know someone who paid tithing all her life, worked two jobs, has two sons on missions, three church jobs, and they just lost their home. Windows of heaven slammed shut, no help whatsoever.

There are stages of grief. Anger is one of them. This forum is in part, an outlet for anger. Post Mormon or other forums may be a better fit for you.

The founding fathers were angry with English rule, women were angry they couldn't vote... Anger is part of a process for changing oppression. LDS INC. Is oppressive.

You are entitled to your anger at those here who are angry. They are entitled to be angry.

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: March 21, 2015 01:34PM

One forum I might recommend is the New Order Mormon forum, as while there are a lot of exmos, there are also those who stay in because of family so there's less perceived anger there. For me, the only thing I'm often upset at is the organization and the culture surrounding it, not the individuals in it since they couldn't help being born in it. I have step sisters who are really among the nicest people you would meet who are TBM, and their dad is a Jack Mormon.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2015 01:36PM by adoylelb.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: March 21, 2015 01:32PM

I hate the message...and sometimes the messenger, but I have Mormon friends and cousins who are nice people, who probably don't know I'm no longer a Mormon. I don't care if they found out either. Their reaction who give me a glimpse into their true character.

RB

Posted by: torturednevermo ( )
Date: March 21, 2015 02:16PM

>> Look a little closer […]. There's some flat out hatred spewed here. <<

You should come to my street. The only people who spew the hate are the mormons I live around. And they don’t just spew it; they take physical actions based on it too. I’ve compared my story to enough other similar stories on here to figure out that they pick this behavior up from their church. Through its dysfunctional teachings, this church teaches to people hate.

If I come here to unload some of the crap my neighbors have laid at me feet in a constructive way, that gets it off my mind, and also in the process puts it in the public domain so other people are warned about Mormonism, then so be it.

Mormonism … poor little sheep just tying to find their way? Whatever dude. If we ever had an organization here in N.A. that came close to ISIS in self righteousness, condemnation of others, cruelty, and hatred, it would be Mormonism. This religion deserves every indignant comment thrown at them as people try and bleed off the damage that has been hurled at them by this cult. It should be shouted from the rooftops … Mormonism is a blight on our society. Members, particularly hardcore ones, don’t get to escape accountability for what they willingly choose to perpetuate and for how they choose to behave.

“Oh, poor me … everyone was hating and condemning, so I was just trying to find my way by hating and condemning along with them too.” “Waa, poor persecuted me.” Mormonism is a scourge, there is nothing redeeming about it. It’s not a spiritual path … it’s a blight on our society that teaches hatred, superiority, and condemnation. It needs to be eradicated from our culture. This site just tells the truth without sugar coating it, that’s all. Sorry if you can’t appreciate that in your drunken stupor. Fuck Mormonism; it’s evil and it harms people … both those inside and out.

I let my suppressed feelings out in a healthy, constructive way here; feelings put there by my Mormon neighbors and their cruel behavior towards me and my children just because we live on their street. Maybe you should try that too, instead of stuffing your feelings way down inside with 11 beers. Drinking is fine, but 11 beers in one sitting is just suppression, especially if you do that often. Dude … you might have issues. Think before you drink.

Posted by: crunchynevmo ( )
Date: March 21, 2015 02:22PM

Thanks for saying so beautifully what I was thinking.

Saved me a lot of typing. : )

Posted by: rationalist01 ( )
Date: March 21, 2015 02:34PM

Mormonism is my cultural root. My family are quite into it for the most part. I lived in Utah County most of my life and I really can't think of a Mormon I don't like. When I became disaffected, it wasn't the people around me I objected to, it was dogma, doctrine and history, and the hiding thereof. Some of them cut ties with me, but not in a hateful way. It was more like they just no longer know how to speak to me. Others continue to be as friendly as before. The Mormons I have issues with are people like Boyd Packer, Dallin Oaks, Daniel Peterson, Jeffrey Holland and others who know they are feeding everyone lies.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2015 02:35PM by rationalist01.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.