Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Dorothy ( )
Date: March 24, 2015 12:06PM

I've already griped about my TBM friend's cheap-ass ward not supporting a fundraiser for her medical bills (she has cancer). I've been out so long, I guess I forgot that a raffle and silent auction would be seen as sinful. Y'all reminded me that Mormons are too busy and too broke to spontaneously support each other.

So here is more ranting about crappy Mormons. I educated the never-Mormons in our dance group that the Mormons wouldn't help our friend with money. I said they would bring food, run errands, and clean. Well sort of... Seems they forgot to bring over a scheduled dinner the other night. And they forgot to come over and clean bathrooms two weeks ago. Oh, and her TBM hubby runs 1/2 marathons, but can't be bothered to pick up a half dozen food wrappers off the floor and couch.

When I offer to help, she tells me she's being taken care of. Time to step away.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: baura ( )
Date: March 24, 2015 12:33PM

One of my favorite FPRs is, "during the depression nobody in
Utah was on the federal dole because of the Church welfare
system." People actually believe this tripe because it makes
them feel good about the church they have given their soul to.

Posted by: txnevermo ( )
Date: March 25, 2015 08:18PM

I grew up in Happy Valley and went to a small Christian church. People who were in need often came to us for help from our Deacon's fund. The local Mormon bishop referred them. They were both Mormon and not.

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: March 25, 2015 08:51PM

My mother's ward actually seems to do the stuff your friend's ward should do, but doesn't.

There's a difference. But why?

Posted by: caedmon ( )
Date: March 25, 2015 08:55PM

My non-denom church in Utah county let a group hold a summer day camp for handicapped kids in our sanctuary. The organizers were local Mormon moms but they weren't allowed to use the local ward house.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.