Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: March 25, 2015 08:11PM

Happiness might thrust itself upon you!

Be careful!!

Oaks' wife said: "I got a doctorate and became so involved in my profession that I forgot about being a good person."

Forgot about being a good person - Come on! Maybe she isn't a good person, who knows? - maybe that's what LDS will do to you.

"I would say to everyone in this room, always remember... As a single, I had to go searching for service projects, and now I have one every night across the table..."

Searching for service projects?

Really? Why stop?

The worst thing you can do is give up on life, goals, dreams, service to others...

Mormonism - and being married to the Mormon Church - has a lot of drawbacks, and giving all your time to it - and forgetting about reality - is one of them.

This husband and wife team sure contradict each other, the church, themselves, and reality.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: March 30, 2015 02:55AM

thrusting

Posted by: Laban's Head ( )
Date: March 30, 2015 09:56AM

I wonder how her husband feels about being referred to as a 'service project'.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: March 30, 2015 10:42AM

thread. Just had to go look it up. What was stated in baura's thread is just too true. It is what I experienced some 30+ years ago and my daughter has been through now. It is much worse than it used to be. There are SO MANY girls my daughter's age (29) or so. I work with several in their 30s who are not married. I have even suggested they date nonmembers, but they won't.

These aren't the overweight, sweet spirits. Most of them are very successful, which can be a threat. My friends in the singles ward were very successful. Many mormon men are threatened by this. I could have married 3 times to nonmembers if I hadn't wanted that temple marriage. Lot of good that did me.

I haven't read everything Oaks' wife said--but what you've posted is rather telling. She forgot to be a good person. You can only be a good person if you are married. Oh my hell. I should tell my daughter that. Actually, I had a lot more resources to do more for other family members and friends than I did once I got married and then had children.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2015 10:43AM by cl2.

Date: March 30, 2015 11:35AM

Shummy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ...

EWEWWWww

Okay kids, now you know where this crap comes from - now wipe up!

That apostate glove is pure avehl.

(I wish I hadn't seen that)

Dam a big river

Date: March 30, 2015 11:59AM

Mormoni's fascination with "single", and the superstitions and pressures, the grunts and postures, and other stunts and acts of DATING - within tscc - and how it affects the youth, the family and everyday (wannabee) saints, and the common people.

Look at this lady - "forgets to be good".

"Service Project" - doing nothing, lazing around the house, having a few drinks and making out; going out for a bite to eat and coming back in for a movie; reading and pondering about the same old things every night and never doing anything about anything; losing my creativity and edge being a drone for the cultURE of JSC.

"SINGLE" is BAD (lonely, boring, scary, dull whatever)

Marrying someone solves all your problems.

Gives you plenty to do.

And keeps you from thinking about others and doing service projects and being good.

She was single for ages - maybe because she is/ was so wrapped up in herself (and WORK) (and'church')/ illusion.

"I... became so involved in my profession that I forgot about being a good person."

"... (As a) [while] single/ [before marrying Mr Oaks], I had to go searching for service projects..."

It's a good thing they didn't have the internet back then.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.