Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: cricket ( )
Date: March 28, 2015 06:21AM

This post is all about the electric power of our personal stories. I love real stories about real people and I just put together a 30 minute video that captures the literal "transformative" story of Shay Kearns who in order to be true to self in physical form and form in faith inspired me to continue my adventures in transforming from True Believing Mormon into a sovereign soul exploring life and the universe.

I had the good fortune of attending a half day event "Reimagining
Inclusive Religious Spaces - Gender and Sexuality" in Salt Lake City on March 7th.

I personally don't feel the need to belong to any particular faith but after listening to the fine folks at this gathering I can understand and "feel" why many people continue to follow a faith based path.

When watching this video try to put aside any personal bias, belief or judgment and enjoy the eloquence, honesty, passion and courage of the story.

In the back of your mind remember how Paul H Dunn told us stories in General Conference and in his firesides and compare Dunn's presentation to that of Father Shay Kearns.

Dunn was offensive in that he betrayed all of us and our personal stories because he violated the sacredness of story telling which at its core must be true, personally pure and real. People who exaggerate their stories do their listeners and themselves no favors.

Dunn told stories just for stories sake, manipulating us with exaggeration. Father Shay Kearns has no need to exaggerate or manipulate, in fact I don't think it even occurs to him. So we here we have an openly gay transgendered Old Catholic priest who outshines Dunn by a magnitude of ten in the integrity department. And i won't even being to address Joseph Smith as a story teller.

Well, here is this humble offering for you:

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=sO9O6yLtXOM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: moose ( )
Date: March 30, 2015 11:42AM

The link isn't working for me.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.