Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: March 28, 2015 01:00PM

The Book of James in the Bible was supposedly the "Genesis" of Mormonism. In James Chapter 3, it talks about we should not have too many master because masters will be held more accountable.

" 1 My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation.
2 For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body."
https://www.lds.org/scriptures/nt/james/3.1-2?lang=eng

Then there is this master who I don't believe is "a perfect man"...

"LDS apostle Dallin H. Oaks set off a global chain reaction among Mormons this week, when he said he wasn't sure apologizing for the faith's past rhetoric on homosexuality would be advisable."
http://www.sltrib.com/lifestyle/faith/2122123-155/no-apology-really-mormons-question-apostle

Really? If "masters" spoke out in error and evilly on homosexuality and they spoke invoking curses and not blessings and did so not trying to be peacemakers, they are responsibly for being evil and therefore should apologize IF they realized their "past rhetoric" was a curse.

But Mormons line up to follow their evil masters.

"Many Mormons across social media have reacted with dismay at hearing an LDS apostle reject out of hand the idea of apologizing.

"I have to be honest, few actions or comments over the last few years from the church that I have committed to and served all my life, have stung so deeply and so personally than Elder Oaks' glib and dismissive remarks said today, after the LDS Church's press conference," Mormon filmmaker Kendall Wilcox wrote Tuesday on his Facebook page. "It has been hard to maintain composure."

Still, Wilcox said, he would take Oaks' words "as yet another challenge and opportunity to be stretched and expanded by the effort to empathize with his life and perspective. Empathy is not for wimps.""
http://www.sltrib.com/lifestyle/faith/2122123-155/no-apology-really-mormons-question-apostle

"Empathy is not for wimps" according to Kendall Wilcox but who and what is Brother Wilcox attempting to empathize with???

Oh, yeah, and evil master.

How can I be so sure? Well, there is this "without partiality."

" 17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be entreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.

18 And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace."
https://www.lds.org/scriptures/nt/james/3.17-18?lang=eng

If LDS Inc. and the master Oaks of LDS Inc. were without partiality, well then they would have never had the faith's past rhetoric on homosexuality now would they?

If how they are handling things now was the peaceable and righteous way then they need to apologize or just show themselves as what they really are - evil masters.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2015 01:02PM by Elder Berry.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: wanderingbutnotlost ( )
Date: March 28, 2015 05:49PM

Corporate Law 101: Never admit fault. Never apologize, unless forced to in a suit you lost.

Date: March 28, 2015 08:12PM

But if you are a religious leader why not?

If they are trying to be like Jesus instead of pretending to be Jesus I think their apologies especially in the light of their essays would be in order.

The kinder, gentler peacemakers instead of peace keepers is what this part of The Bible is going for and these masters of The Bible and other scriptures can't even emulate their master who they are supposed to be special witnesses for?

They don't have to change any doctrines in apologizing. They don't have to risk offending their God in apologizing. They only risk admitting men are humans and can make mistakes and that they aren't guided 24/7 by their Holy Ghost. All of this information is common knowledge.

They look in making no apologies like corporate masters and worse.

What kind of God would "call" to be prophets men who were never allowed to apologize in such a guise? The God would not be a Jesus because it is a given men are fallen in Christianity and Jesus helped them out. They are going to have to repent for themselves AND their corporation or they aren't much of a Christian religion.

But we all know that "no apologies" is in the same vein as "I don't know that we teach that."

Only the believers who willingly blind themselves buy into these dissembling, aggressive, and evil masters.

Date: March 28, 2015 11:33PM

Oaks was an attorney and eventually the Chief Justice of the Utah Supreme Court. That's how he thinks. In statements similar to BKP's "some things that are true are not useful," Oaks said it was proper to withhold certain information (facts about JS, for example) if it was detrimental to a client (the church). One does not give weapons to one's enemies. Apologies are and admission of wrongdoing, which could be used against the church. This is the thought process of a corporate attorney, not a holy man.

Date: March 29, 2015 05:13PM

Wasn't he also the one that said Mormons shouldn't question their leaders or something like that?

Date: March 30, 2015 03:12PM

He said members shouldn't criticize the leadership--even when the leaders are wrong.

Date: March 30, 2015 03:13PM

So can't criticize them when THEY are wrong and they WILL NOT apologize.

Looks win/win to me!

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: March 28, 2015 06:49PM

They would rather crawl over, around, under or in the vicinity of an apology.

Posted by: Carol ( )
Date: March 28, 2015 07:54PM

Date: March 28, 2015 08:14PM

Their Lord helps them who help themselves to the gullibility of his believers.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: March 28, 2015 08:29PM

As the son of a narc and enabler, I brokenheartedly agree.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2015 08:30PM by donbagley.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: March 28, 2015 11:14PM

Not too far into the future, The Morg will produce an essay apologizing for the lack of apologizing done in the name of apologetics. I think Oaks's comment will carry the same stigma as, "The thinking has been done." Or, "I don't know that we teach that." The Boner.

Date: March 30, 2015 12:20PM

byuboner Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Not too far into the future, The Morg will produce
> an essay apologizing for the lack of apologizing
> done in the name of apologetics.

I doubt that highly. They grow more corporate by the year.

> I think Oaks's
> comment will carry the same stigma as, "The
> thinking has been done." Or, "I don't know that we
> teach that." The Boner.

It is the final member of the Gooberhead of Mormon, I's promise and covenants of stupidity in appealing to a ghost for truth.

We believe the thinking has been done for us, and in not knowing much about what we teach, and in never apologizing.

Posted by: caedmon ( )
Date: March 30, 2015 02:18PM

Mormons are masters of the non-apology. When I try to explain how hurtful and damaging it was be not be present at my DD's wedding ceremony (because she was married in a Mormon temple), I am told:

"Sorry you are/were so upset about that."

NEVER "Sorry you were treated so badly."

Hear the difference?

The implication is that, because Mormons are always right, my pain was caused by the inability to see it from their point of view. If I would only see it that way, then there would have been no reason to be upset.

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: March 30, 2015 12:37PM

Hoax demonstrated his willingness to practice sophistry with his ill-conceived salamander sermon.

Posted by: Carrots Tomatoes and Radishes ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 11:55AM

Okay so now it's becoming "my perfect leaders aren't perfect so they're a test of my strength in having empathy"?!

That's the whole freakin reason they're in that church is because the leaders are supposed to know exactly what's what.

My brain hurts...

Date: April 01, 2015 12:12PM

Mine did too. I was like, really? He is a dictator. His life experiences require me to empathize with a self-righteous bully? Is that what Jesus would want me to do?

Posted by: postpostmormon ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 12:06PM

As I've said before, Oaks knows he is personally complicit in the suffering imposed on those "struggling with same sex attraction" (those words make me bristle). It was during his tenure at BYU that some were dragged in and forced to endure reparative therapies like electro shock that were out of the mainstream even that time.

Date: April 01, 2015 12:13PM

postpostmormon Wrote:
> It was during his tenure at BYU
> that some were dragged in and forced to endure
> reparative therapies like electro shock that were
> out of the mainstream even that time.

He likes busting balls obviously...

Date: April 01, 2015 12:21PM

yeah - except for his own!

Date: April 01, 2015 12:30PM

Right, he likes his wife to put her Testimony Glove on his to protect them...

Date: April 01, 2015 12:45PM

ewww - that gave me a mental picture i didn't want!

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: April 02, 2015 10:26AM

The people will follow the examples of their leaders, not do what they're told to do by their church leaders, while the church leaders do otherwise. So by example, the church is breeding sociopathy.

The church does this because there is a facade that both the docterines are perfect and the leaders who prophesy those docterines can not be in error. They cling to these beliefs because the alternative is that these docterines are wrong, and the church false. They fear that honest apologies by them would put an end to their religion, their positions of authority, and their ability to benefit financially from their positions as others see them and their beliefs as possibly in error.

So rather than being like Jesus, they practice and promote sociopathy as a part of their religion. But their narcississm is transparent. The world sees clearly what is going on. The only ones who can't see this are the church leaders who refuse to apologize for their offenses, and the affects of their docterines.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2015 10:27AM by azsteve.

Posted by: Lightworker ( )
Date: April 02, 2015 11:40AM

Dallin Oaks on them being wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxyiHLg59ks

Apparently they are above criticism.

Date: April 02, 2015 11:42AM

Yes. Questioning Mormonism is okay as long as one does it with faith. Questioning them is straight up banned.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: April 02, 2015 11:50AM

their arrogance rivals the leaders of N.Korea. Seriously.

Posted by: WinksWinks ( )
Date: April 02, 2015 11:58AM

They can't apologize. The other geriatrics that still make up the power base of the membership, threatening the younger generations with damnation to keep them paying tithes, would be incensed if they apologized.
These oldsters know the leaders are "forced" to take more moderate stances, and they can accept this nonapology position taken by the leaders as a token gesture toward the younger people, an "obvious effort to meet in the middle", to their perceptions.
But to the truly liberal minded this stance doesn't go even anywhere close to far enough.
Those truly cognizant of the harm done need a true apology, but it certainly won't, cant come from this batch of "apostles".

Date: April 03, 2015 05:49PM

WinksWinks Wrote:
> They can't apologize. The other geriatrics that
> still make up the power base of the membership,
> threatening the younger generations with damnation
> to keep them paying tithes, would be incensed if
> they apologized.

Really? My parents think gay marriage will destroy civilization but isn't that what they want anyway? To see Jesus return in all his red robed (soaked in blood) glory?

Isn't an apology showing "The World" that LDS Inc. can be in it but not of it?

Seriously, this is as stupid as "the thinking has been done" and it is right here right now.

I doubt any old Mormon would care if the hierarchy of their leaders apologized for things as long as they didn't make concessions to people being led astray by Satan. And LDS Inc. is doing the exact opposite. They are pushing legislation instead of apologizing for not being Christian in loving who they consider sinners.

What they have done is shown people that Mormonism is not inspired. And they have done it in a HUGE way - using their influence on law making more than upon the people they lead.

Leadership epic fail. Mormon Jesus wept.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.