Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: sue ( )
Date: March 29, 2015 05:57PM

The Exmormon Foundation is happy to announce that the dates for this year's Conference are October 9-11, 2015. And we are extra happy to announce that HANS MATTSSON, former Stake President in Sweden and Area Authority in Europe, is going to be one of our speakers!! Some of you have no doubt listened to the interview he did for Mormon Stories. He is the highest known church leader to express his doubts and disappointments with the church publicly. We are very excited to be hosting his trip to SLC four the Conference, Watch for more information about the other speakers. It's going to be a VERY interesting program! We will let everyone know when we have all the information up on our website.www.exmormonfoundation.org But in the meantime, mark your calendars!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: jiminycricket ( )
Date: March 29, 2015 05:59PM

+++++++ GRRRREAT.

Posted by: Nancy rigdon ( )
Date: March 29, 2015 06:06PM

Awesome!

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: March 29, 2015 06:36PM

Incredible! What great news!

Posted by: lurking in ( )
Date: March 29, 2015 09:15PM

Posted by: Ex-Sister Sinful Shoulders ( )
Date: March 29, 2015 10:44PM

More and more former leaders will be sharing their experiences as they uncover the prolific lies from LDS INC. I commend anyone who is willing to step forward and speak the truth.

Date: March 30, 2015 01:45AM

Just takes guts and a thick skin! You can't get nothin' done if you don't try!! :-)

Posted by: randyj ( )
Date: March 29, 2015 11:30PM

Posted by: goggleeyes ( )
Date: March 30, 2015 12:13AM

Any change Hanns will bring Tom Phillips with him? That would be one hell of a conference!

Date: March 30, 2015 01:46AM

Not unless someone here wants to pay for THAT air fare!! :-)

Posted by: Viking ( )
Date: March 30, 2015 12:42AM

jetta bra!!!

Posted by: nwguy ( )
Date: March 30, 2015 01:51AM

That's great news!

I just watched the HBO documentary special tonight; "Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief," which explores the secrets of the organization through interviews with former high-ranking Scientology officials and former members in a way never seen before.

It's an outstanding piece of work. I highly recommend that every ExMormon should watch it. It strikes very close to home, in every way.

The fact that Hans Mattsson is willing to come and speak to ExMormons at our general conference means more high-rank Mormons may be willing to come clean and be willing to leave the Mormon Church.

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: March 30, 2015 02:24AM

Way to go Sue! You bagged a GA.

The news will not bode well with the suits in SL.

Posted by: Carol ( )
Date: March 30, 2015 07:07AM

Posted by: schweizerkind ( )
Date: March 30, 2015 01:21PM

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: March 30, 2015 01:27PM

I was just wondering this morning who the highest church figure was to defect from mormonism.

Thanks for the update! If I could be there I would. :)

Date: March 30, 2015 02:36PM

Top n/t

Posted by: mormonrealitycheck ( )
Date: March 30, 2015 02:57PM

Excellent!!

Posted by: Carol ( )
Date: March 30, 2015 06:13PM

Date: March 30, 2015 10:34PM

Carol -- thank you for topping this again. The way to do this just escapes me. I tried to do it yesterday and failed. If you want to take the time, write me privately with the "how to".
sue97062@aol.com

Posted by: MormonThinker ( )
Date: March 30, 2015 06:21PM

WOW - major score. I'll do my best to attend.

Posted by: Doubting Thomas ( )
Date: March 30, 2015 09:13PM

Hans and his wife changed my life at home by convincing my TBM wife that something was indeed very wrong with TSCC.

When his wife said that she felt impressed to leave church because her husband was at home my wife just stared at me as if she was having an epiphany.

I may well attend this event just to hear Hans and shake his hand.

If you read this Hans... Thank you. Thank you.

Posted by: poopstone ( )
Date: March 30, 2015 09:47PM

he has a very interesting story on Mormon Stories podcast. I encourage everyone, tbm, jack-mo, ex-mo, (and everyone in between), to listen to it.

His experience reflects the issues Mormonism faces away from the Zion Curtain. Here in Utah Mormonism is so much of our heritage (Utahns mostly come from pioneer stock and decend one way or another from Brigham Young) that the historical issues really aren't making an impact at least in anyone I know? I was raised knowing about all the issues. I mean when mother tells her child your g grandfather had 27 wives you just kind of accept that and think that was what they did back then?

But in Sweden and in Europe they have a different heritage and way of thinking (they've been kept in the dark) and when they find out it isn't pretty.

I wonder how latin America will take it when the true historical version of Mormonism reaches them?

Posted by: exodus ( )
Date: March 30, 2015 11:32PM

"he has a very interesting story on Mormon Stories podcast. I encourage everyone, tbm, jack-mo, ex-mo, (and everyone in between), to listen to it."

I agree. Here is the audio:

http://mormonstories.org/hans-mattsson/

Posted by: Doubting Thomas ( )
Date: March 31, 2015 12:43AM

Really Poopstone? I think Utah TBM's are experiencing a little Cog Dis right now.

Listen to this just posted to Mormon Stories:

http://mormonstories.org/carson-calderwood-more-lds-apostasy-disciplinary-councils-in-2015/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2015 12:44AM by Doubting Thomas.

Posted by: Hervey Willets ( )
Date: March 30, 2015 11:42PM

and no thank you, no shares in a dream mine or MLM. Just got kicked in the teeth by a car repair bill.

Posted by: fluhist ( )
Date: March 31, 2015 12:57AM

Aww wish I could come along to the conference. Please take notes and report okay?? Thanks!!!!

Posted by: rodolfo ( )
Date: March 31, 2015 05:17PM

We will be live-streaming, and everything will be archived at www.exmormonfoundation.org.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: March 31, 2015 01:07AM

Be sure to invite Peggy Fletcher Stack!!! Get them together early and often!

Date: March 31, 2015 06:02PM

Peggy seems to vacillate between being critical of exmos and giving space for some of our gripes. I will definately be letting the press know that Hans is coming. In fact, maybe we can even set up a press "event" for him -- he's going to be here longer than the 3 days of the Conference. And I will have to let her know way ahead. I hope she treats it as a journalist should.

Posted by: snowball ( )
Date: March 31, 2015 04:57PM

Looking forward to what he has to say.

Posted by: Historischer ( )
Date: March 31, 2015 05:14PM

Man, that conference just keeps on giving. Thanks to all the organizers.

Anyone who's anyone is going to be there. I'll try to make it myself. Salt Lake City in October is absolutely beautiful.

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: March 31, 2015 05:27PM

Special thanks to those who furnish the stream.

It's as if I haven't really missed attending the last few conferences in person because of your efforts.

Posted by: BeenThereDunnThatExMo ( )
Date: March 31, 2015 05:30PM

Wow...i wasn't really aware that Hans and his wife had left.

Last i heard from their initial breaking story they were going to be studying and working things out to try to stay in.

I've got to listen to his podcast.

This is such a great catch to have Hans and his wife there.

Or so it seems to me...

Posted by: Historischer ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 12:19AM

It seems to take a year or two before shelf crash victims really don't care any more. Hans has been figuring things out since 2010, so I think he's out for good.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.