Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: phonybaloney ( )
Date: March 30, 2015 07:24AM

After leaving my abusive Mo husband, my Mo family told me they would help me and my young child and there was no need for us to go to a shelter. Even though we are not in Utah, those cult lines run deep and my entire family lives together here. My parents are now controlling me through my finances- charging me an exorbitant amount of rent, all while asking me to work for minimum wage at a family business. Of course- now I have to pay for daycare, and because I left my husband I have no vehicle. I have about 30 dollars left over at the end of the month. I am forced to go to Mo church. I am back under their control or will be forced to return back to my husband. I wish there was an underground railrd- people that understood the insanity we were coming from...I feel like I've been controlled my whole life. Now with them taking every bit of my finances- how am I going to ever leave??

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: March 30, 2015 07:29AM

Good luck.

Posted by: Ex-Sister Sinful Shoulders ( )
Date: March 30, 2015 08:15AM

Call the abuse hotline/resources in your area. You are an adult, essentially forced into slavery for your parents/forced into a religion against your will. Keep calling/get referred to real help. Until you get back on your feet, get federal assistance. They will help you get child support if your ex is working.

Do you have a single friend with a child you could possibly stay with for rent or exchange for childcare? Do whatever you can to get in to school (sometimes there is daycare for students in your circumstances). Don't jump into a relationship-that will multiply your problems.

Temp agency jobs sometimes lead to full time positions. You need help; don't be afraid to ask for help. Are your former in-laws Mormon also? Tell them you need help to support/raise their grandchild.

If you feel like your only option is to stay with your parents, use the LDS services for anything they can provide: job services, food... Things will gradually get better and you will look back and be proud of yourself for surviving such a difficult transition.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.