Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: January 28, 2019 02:55PM

If Mormon men want to beat a “The 7000 year old military and psychological genius” they better beat their prayer plow shares into prayer swords!

They are just too focused on planting their seed instead of whipping their swords about "…sufficient to win the battles."

They are jacking around their fields waiting for them to be harvested instead of going after their fallen fellow soldiers ( http://www.byui.edu/student-living/videos/to-the-rescue ) in their efforts and trying "to become stronger, faster and more precise with [warrior] skills."

https://www.lifechangingservices.org/2015/03/10/a-warriors-pray/

And it isn't like these Mormon men don't have a precedent for being warriors.

Who are these children coming down, coming down.
Like gentle rain though darken skies.
With glory trailing from their feet as they go.
And endless promise in their eyes!
Who are these young ones growing tall, growing tall.
Like silver trees against the storm.
Who will not bend with the wind or the change,
But stand to fight the world alone!
These are the few, the warriors
Saved for Saturday, to come
The last day of the world
These are they, on Saturday.
These are the strong, the warriors
Rising in the might to win
The battle raging in
The hearts of men, on Saturday.
Strangers from a realm of light
Who have forgotten all.
The memory…

Where is their Capitan Nelson or Oaks with their standard of Liberty to guide them from their fields into their battlefields?

I guess their leaders don't care much about their jacking down on their farms and their little factories.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2019 02:56PM by Elder Berry.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: anono this week ( )
Date: January 28, 2019 10:32PM

There are some real fairies in mormondom. How can these people take themselves seriously? Young men are too interested in planting their seeds instead of ....?

It's hillarious, but the author is sincere, he isn't trying to spoof us?

Posted by: ookami ( )
Date: January 28, 2019 11:01PM

"A Warrior's Prayer"- think the author of that could ham it up more?

P.S.
if those guys want to call themselves warriors, they should try serving in an ACTUAL military.

Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: January 28, 2019 11:28PM

well, then you have a real conundrum. Who does god like best today?

Did you eat a mutton chop instead of offering it up to the Lord as a burnt offering? Well, if you did, the Lord of hosts may not be happy with you and may decide to help your enemy this time round.

Did you, the warrior, have impure thoughts when the farmer was talking about planting seed? If so, maybe the Lord will leave you to your own devices for this upcoming battle.

Kind of reminds me of the sports teams that pray before the big game. If they're praying to be protected from injuries, maybe they should think about not playing a ridiculously violent game. If they're praying to defeat the other team, what does it say about their God that he would take sides in something as trivial as a ball game?

Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: January 28, 2019 11:38PM

>>Strangers from a realm of light
Who have forgotten all.

Yeah, because amnesiacs always make good warriors.

What an amazing "plan" this "plan of salvation."

God: "Ooh! I know. I'll give them total amnesia and then I'll test them by sending prophets who will turn out to be degenerate, lecherous liars and scammers, to see if they can return to my presence."

Little angel: "Uhmmm... Why not just let them stay in your presence or, I don't know...maybe not give them amnesia?"

God: "They have to be tested and they have to have physical bodies, so that they can experience farting and pimples."

Little angel: "If you don't mind my saying so, oh Lord, you do move in mysterious ways and I cannot fathom your mind."

God: "Thank you for the compliment, little angel."

Little angel: "The what? Oh, yeah...sure...it was a 'compliment'."

Date: January 29, 2019 11:54AM

Wally Prince Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What an amazing "plan" this "plan of salvation."

"In this modern day, we’re all warriors whether we want to be or not. “We live in a very dangerous world that threatens those things that are most spiritual,” teaches President Boyd K. Packer, President of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles. “The family, the fundamental organization in time and eternity, is under attack from forces seen and unseen” (“These Things I Know,” Ensign, May 2013, 7)."
https://www.lds.org/youth/article/warrior-in-you?lang=eng

Posted by: exminion ( )
Date: January 29, 2019 07:28AM

What is it with Mormons and their "warrior" image? Why are they always doing battle?

"We are as the Armies of Helaman" I was appalled at that song, taught to little Primary children.

Who's threatening them, anyway. Their own cult is. The Mormons are always fighting amongst themselves.

Who is "the enemy"? Satan? Their own self! The Natural Man is an enemy to God. Maybe God is the enemy, as well?

Mormons look on almost everyone outside the cult as an enemy! You name him, and the Mormons will take up their swords and battle against them: apostates, gays, catholics, coffee-drinkers, people who use the name "Mormon", those who talk about the sacred temple, those who ditch out of meetings.... Hey, the last three are Mormons themselves!

Well, the idiot who wrote the Warrior's prayer admits that the Mormon battle is: "A war for the hearts and minds of men." Is that not Satan's war?

This is straight out of "Faust".

The author also admits that the Mormons have "techniques" (manipulations and lies) and that they use "actions, words, thoughts, feelings and chemical switches: as weapons in their war for the hearts and minds of men:

"Help me to discover and develop techniques and weapons (actions, words, thoughts, feelings and chemical switches) sufficiently effective to win the battles that come my way."

Those are fighting words! Yet, the Mormons are their own worst enemies. They are their own worst critics. I'm glad I'm not subject to that war-like hatred, anymore, because I'm not one of them, anymore. I feel like I'm on furlough.

Date: January 29, 2019 12:26PM

This still bothers me from yesterday.

“The 7000 year old military and psychological genius”

A military genius? Why? Wouldn't Satan have a scorched earth military inclination? Why would a Satan care about the art of actual war?

Did Satan inspire Sun Tzu? How would Satan answer these questions in "The War in Heaven?"

"13. (1) Which of the two sovereigns is imbued with the Moral law? (2) Which of the two generals has most ability? (3) With whom lie the advantages derived from Heaven and Earth? (4) On which side is discipline most rigorously enforced? (5) Which army is stronger? (6) On which side are officers and men more highly trained? (7) In which army is there the greater constancy both in reward and punishment? "
http://classics.mit.edu/Tzu/artwar.html

Posted by: olderelder ( )
Date: January 29, 2019 10:34PM

They don't pray like warriors because most Mormon men are Beta males hoping to be Alpha males via obedience and submission to Alpha males -- and they fail to see the ridiculous futility of that. Beta males believe the bullshit fed to them by Alpha males. They believe they've been given magical priesthood powers and authority that elevate them above other males. In reality, it just makes them servants.

Date: January 30, 2019 10:55AM

Interesting. It seems plausible to me that in my experiences I was sold a "priesthood" superiority complex to more aggressive people in "The World." Mormonism's Alpha and Omega I guess.

Funny how this woman mentions "men" only. Aren't Mormon women warriors? I guess they have to be content being the mothers of warriors like The Sons of Helaman.

Posted by: HWint ( )
Date: January 31, 2019 06:25PM

Mormon men are doing everything wrong.

That's why the men are leaving and the women are staying. If men felt validated and built up in Mormonism, they would be staying. If women felt attacked and criticized and demeaned, they would be leaving.

But it's the other way around.

As mentioned, the men who remain tend to be passive and docile. There's a sense of conspiracy or collusion between the wives and the Brethren, all to keep the men under control.

This is typical of most Christian denominations. Male leadership and majority female laity is the rule for just about everyone (except the Eastern Orthodox churches which are closer to 50/50 in the pews).

'Women have taken great care to ensure that their lobby, the clergy, are always men. First, because the female image might be damaged if they represented their own interests – men might think them calculating – and second, because they know men rate feminine intelligence rather low, which is why they can only influence a man's emotions. Advice from another man, and one respected from childhood, is much more likely to be listened to and taken. Although this advice always benefits women it does not reflect hostility on the part of this holy lobby toward "normal" men, but is a direct consequence of that lobby's financial dependence on women.'

Rich Zubaty, What Men Know That Women Don't (2004)

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: February 01, 2019 09:37AM

Date: February 01, 2019 11:39AM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.