Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: SEcular Priest ( )
Date: March 30, 2015 06:46PM

At general conference members will be asked to sustain Monson as President of the Church with 2 counselors. Then they will be aksed to sustain them as Prophets, Seers and Revelators.

Here is the problem as I see it. Members are sustaining Monson as the CEO of the Coropration of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latterday Saints on the first go.. As shareholders they are basically saying we are okay with this guy as the Chairman.

My question is this. How many people really know what they are doing when they raise their hands? They are saying they are okay with how the corporation is being run. But they really do not have a spreadsheet of what has transpired over the past year. They really have no idea of the corporate goals for the coming year. Or how the shareholders money is going to be spent.

So the Church is very crafty. Sustain the guy as Profit, Seer and Revelator and hide the corporate side under the disguise of religion.

Legally once they sustain this guy, they are giving him permission and the corporation to do what ever they want to do for the next year. How many members really realize that they have a lot of power by not sustaining Monson as President?

Just some stupid thoughts I had today as my wife pays her tithing.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Black Grape ( )
Date: March 30, 2015 07:03PM

I've always looked at it this way too. I see the profit more as a CEO because they're piss poor theologians. I think would you come to this guy wanting spiritual advice or business advice? Also their talks are skin deep when it comes to theological issues. They cite the same old tired verses and stories as a lay person. You think someone with a direct line to God would have some more insight than having to rely on the same scriptures that an ordinary member has access to.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: March 30, 2015 07:34PM

SEcular Priest Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> As shareholders they are basically
> saying we are okay with this guy as the Chairman.

Except they aren't.

Doesn't matter what they "vote." They are donating to a "charitable" corporation which they also "volunteer" at and follow all the bylaws, policies, rules, and regulations for being able to volunteer and get the benefits of volunteering like being able to enter expensive gathering places to volunteer at...

Posted by: poopstone ( )
Date: March 30, 2015 09:34PM

I agree with elderberry, They don't need members sustaining vote. Monson is already the Presiding officer of the corp and legally as I understand as being the president of "the corporation of the president" (which is actually the legal name of cojcolds). He and he alone owns all the property $50,000,000,000 and can do anything he damn well pleases until he dies then title is transferred to the next senior apostle.

Did I leave anything out?

Posted by: dk ( )
Date: March 30, 2015 10:12PM

It's like voting in a dictatorship. It may make the plebs feeling like they have a say, but the outcome is always the same.

The "real" vote members have is with their feet and their money.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: March 30, 2015 10:14PM

Yeah, and we know what happens when someone votes no on the sustaining ballot. The Boner.

Posted by: nonmo_1 ( )
Date: March 30, 2015 10:41PM

Yep...ask that one guy who did not sustain Saddam Hussein when he first came to power....oh wait, you can't ask that guy. He was killed in a brutal fashion

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: March 31, 2015 05:26AM

poopstone Wrote:
> Did I leave anything out?

Yah, the dumb ass MORmON Prophet leaders have never had a real revelation YET.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: March 30, 2015 11:44PM

SEcular Priest Wrote:
> As shareholders they are basically
> saying we are okay with this guy as the Chairman.

Perhaps semantics, but I think this is actually an important point: members *aren't* shareholders in the corporation.

The church *is* a corporation. Run by and vested in a sole individual (the current profit). But it has no shareholders. A number of the church's subsidiaries *are* corporations with shareholders, but few if any of them are public corporations, they're private ones with hidden shareholders (but which have on several occasions been shown to be general authorities benefiting financially from their church position).

But members aren't shareholders in any of it. They get no dividends, no profit-sharing; their "investments" of tithes and offerings get spirited away and hidden, and they get no return on them. They don't get financial disclosure or an accounting (as required in the church's own canonized scriptures) of how the money is being spent, and what's being earned.

Yes, they should not vote to sustain the "corporation sole" in the person of Thomas Monson. They will almost certainly do it anyway, though. But don't call them shareholders...:)

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: March 30, 2015 11:59PM

I certainly agree with you. He is not fit to be CEO of a toilet.

BUT, how many CULT members have the courage to not sustain him in front of everyone? Not raise one's hand to the square? Everyone would stare at the one not sustaining and then shunning begins. Stupid CULT.

They should have the sustaining votes be private by ballot. But I would never trust anyone in the CULT to actually be honest in counting the votes. That is trouble with a totalitarian system.

Posted by: angela davis ( )
Date: March 31, 2015 07:13AM

He is not a prophet.
He is not a seer.
He is not a revelator.

So why sustain him as such?

Posted by: snowball ( )
Date: March 31, 2015 01:12PM

It's like one of those dictatorship elections that get laughed at. Look our leader was elected with 99.99% of the vote...Isn't it wonderful isn't it marvelous.

Was there another candidate? Um...no

Did anyone speak in opposition to him? Ugh...no

What's the alternative to "manifesting in favor"? Uh...um....going into the Stake President's office for a PPI.

Date: March 31, 2015 02:29PM

The voting has been done in Mormonism, they just like to go through motions for both their living and the dead.

Posted by: Doxi ( )
Date: March 31, 2015 02:47PM

Elder Berry Wrote:
> The voting has been done in Mormonism, they just
> like to go through motions for both their living
> and the dead.
Kind of like "the thinking has been done", huh?

Date: April 01, 2015 11:46AM

Exactly. Joe pretty much tied up the continuing revelations. So now it is just follow the leaders like the illiterates of the Dark Ages did their priests.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 11:57AM

He talks with GOD.

You're not going to vote against a guy who talks with GOD!?

You don't want to sent to the corn field do ya? You're a bad man, a VERY bad man.....

Date: April 01, 2015 01:38PM

Chicken N. Backpacks Wrote:
> He talks with GOD.

God talks to him. There is a difference and God has held his tongue for decades.

Posted by: dydimus ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 01:34PM

There are some members who agree. They're NOMs who are planning non-sustaining of the leaders. anyopposed.org has set up an "about" page for their plan to vote no in sustaining.
http://anyopposed.org/about/

I'm no longer a member and I'm afraid it will be like yelling at the ocean; but at least they see the hypocrisy of sustaining of leaders that they feel are in error.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 01:39PM

What in Mormonism ISN'T a sham?

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 01:40PM

Tommy is just taking care of business ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2uWvWcPqcg

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 06:56PM

conform

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.