Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Scully (not logged in) ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 09:17AM

my kids answered the door yesterday, and were given a sleeve of fresh-baked cookies, with a note attached.

I gathered it was from some sisters in the ward, because the note references General conference this weekend, and instructions on how to watch it streaming on LDS.org.

We haven't been to church in many years, I think eight or so, and this is the first time I've had cookies delivered. Not doing a removal for family reasons I don't want to go into.

This comes four days after an email my husband got from the elders quorum president. In it, the sender references that we are on the do not contact list, and yet says he felt he should reach out and contact us to see if we need anything. Duuuhhh!

Anyway, back to the cookies. They do kind of look like they would taste good with my coffee this morning. Hmmmm....

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: shannon ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 09:47AM

Scully, you'll get a whole lot of folks who will tell you those cookies are a germy mess (what does the baker's kitchen look like? the bugs have crawled all over them on the porch!).

This question comes up fairly frequently. Meh. I'm pretty sure you won't die from eating them.

;o)

Posted by: readbooks ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 11:15AM

Last month someone gave us homemade brownies. I was the only one to eat them. I was the only one who can down with food poisoning.

It's rather suspicious, but I can't prove the brownies were the culprit.

Posted by: Ex-Sister Sinful Shoulders ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 03:37PM

That is really creepy. Too bad you couldn't have had a lab analyze them. Someone here should do that, if they have easy access to a lab.

Maybe they thought you might call them for a priesthood blessing...

It is a good idea for no contact inactives to return the whole plate/note to bishop or RS pres (which ever home requires less gas/car mileage).

Date: April 01, 2015 10:40AM

Thanks for the advice, Shannon.

I've resisted thus far, but a few Girl Scout cookies had their end hastened today because of those "general Conf" cookies wrapped and sitting on my counter.

Posted by: Darren Steers ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 10:48AM

Eat the cookies. If they kill you it is simply god's way of requesting you to do some missionary work in the after-life.

He works in mysterious ways....

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 10:48AM

Sure, just don't drink the kool-aid :)

Posted by: axeldc ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 11:20AM

I dated a guy for about a month who was my physical ideal. He was also an abusive jerk, and over the course of the month he got worse and worse. Finally, I left his apartment and told him not to call me again. He, of course, couldn't stop calling or emailing him. Being the nice Mormon boy, I gave him one more chance and he was even more abusive, so I immediately left. He kept bugging me as I ignored him.

That weekend, he went apple picking with his friends. He left me a nice bag of apples on my door with an apology note. I was done by then. I had thoughts of razorblades in the apples, or of Snow White's poisoned apple. I just dumped those poor things in the trash, as I wasn't going to risk it. I doubt he was that psycho, but I can buy my own fruit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2015 11:21AM by axeldc.

Posted by: Elder What's-his-face ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 11:50AM

We just take the whole plate and leave it on the church steps unopened.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 03:43PM

Do you get food poisoning easily?

I have to be careful of what I eat. My husband's constitution is like cast iron.

I wouldn't eat anything left at the door by strangers. You'll have to decide for yourself.

Posted by: eunice ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 04:02PM

Here in Colorado, I would not eat any baked goods from someone I didn't know. Lol But I'm sure TBMs are not lacing their cookies with pot.

I'm allergic to dairy and eggs and chocolate is a migraine trigger for me. It seems every baked goodie from the local mormons contain all of those ingredients...so in the trash they go :)

Posted by: Breeze ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 06:12PM

Our local public school allows only packaged treats, sealed, from the store. Nothing homemade, period.

When I was Mormon, I saw people baking those cookies. Mothers usually had their kids do it, to teach the little germ-and-booger-filled darlings how to recruit the neighbors. I gag just thinking about it. Do not eat!

I hope it isn't too late!

Besides, it's April Fool's Day.

Go out and buy more Girl Scout cookies--it's a worthy cause.

Date: April 01, 2015 08:42PM

Thanks all for the advice. I guess *sigh* that I am supposed to be getting back into shape, exercising and watching my diet. So I did the right thing.

I threw the cookies in the trash.

The accompanying note was just so darn crafty. It was laser printed, hole punched and fastened with a piece of braided twine. It was "signed" with a different color stamp with contact info of what must be one of the women behind the love bomb.

My thought was... They put a lot of effort into this. They must have had to make a LOT of these to let all the inactives know that it was GC weekend (with a slight mention of Easter too).

Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 10:26PM

Posted by: Heretic 2 ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 11:18PM

I am pretty sure that the cookies are not laced with LSD or marijuana, seeing how Mormons feel about those things.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.