Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Aplomado ( )
Date: April 03, 2015 02:05PM

I thought it was interesting niether Monson nor Packer were in the meeting with Pres. Obama today in Utah. Seems like they would have been there if able. Are they both that unhealthy or was it something else. Makes me wonder if we'll see them at conference. Well...if Mormons will see them at conference cause I'm definately not wasting my time with that. Here's a link to the ksl article. Scroll down a bit for the photo. http://www.ksl.com/?sid=34086681&nid=148&fm=home_page&s_cid=toppick1

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: April 03, 2015 02:23PM

The explanation had to do with their health. They are neither one of them strong enough to do the meet and greet and attend conference.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: April 03, 2015 02:25PM

I await reports about GC and who is and isn't on the dais looking out over the sheep/sinners/suckers.

Ron Burr

Posted by: saanhetna ( )
Date: April 03, 2015 02:35PM

I found it interesting that Obama had a closed door meeting with those frauds. He's a shrewd one, wonder what card he has up his sleeve. Their tax exemption status is up for review, funny how that so conveniently coincides with them getting in bed with the gay community. Repulsive how they just never seem to be called on anything.

Posted by: CTRringturnsmyfingergreen ( )
Date: April 03, 2015 04:26PM

I saw that link on facebook this morning and the only thing I could think of was, "I wonder if they discussed the pre-mortal war in heaven and the "curse of cain?"

Posted by: deco ( )
Date: April 03, 2015 06:23PM

We should remember the meeting President Carter had with SWK shortly before the 1978 revelation.

We are probably seeing a repeat of that, and I would assume President Obama was giving them a courtesy warning to change the stance on the LGBT community before the federal hammer drops on their @ss.

Posted by: exodus ( )
Date: April 04, 2015 12:59AM

I was thinking the same thing. The stated purpose of the meeting was immigration... Which has me really scratching my head. Why would Obama meet with the LDS church over immigration? And the press was not allowed in the meeting.

Posted by: OneWay ( )
Date: April 03, 2015 06:53PM

They don't like Negroes.

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: April 03, 2015 06:57PM

Posted by: southern idaho inactive ( )
Date: April 03, 2015 07:01PM

He has time to meet with morg leaders, but not the peasants!??

Posted by: The Invisible Green Potato ( )
Date: April 03, 2015 07:03PM

It fits with the theory that the councilors in the first presidency are the ones that really run the church.

Posted by: Kristy ( )
Date: April 03, 2015 07:24PM

Oh so cute...the brethren feel validated. I'm guessing the conversation went like this:

Obama: So let me get this straight, Brigham Young said that me, my wife, and my kids should be put to death "on the spot."

Ookdork: No vee doo not believe that. Only if you mix with a white woman, I mean, prior to 1979, but it's all good. You are in like flint...no pun intended President.

Posted by: Ex-Sister Sinful Shoulders ( )
Date: April 03, 2015 07:33PM

Church takes priority yet again... over a brief mtg with the president? If they are that delicate, they should retire, like Miss America regulations... They can no longer fulfill their duties, such as: opening malls, and other photo ops.

Posted by: deco ( )
Date: April 03, 2015 07:44PM

Apparently the meeting was off limits to the press.

The other topic of conversation must have been LDS Inc telling Obama that he cannot have their canneries.

http://federalistpress.com/is-obama-targeting-lds-canneries.php

Posted by: southern idaho inactive ( )
Date: April 03, 2015 08:02PM

Why was it off limits to the press!? What are they hiding!!??

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: April 03, 2015 08:33PM

It can get ugly when "you scratch my back and I'll scratch your back..."

Posted by: reinventinggrace ( )
Date: April 03, 2015 09:18PM

"Apparently the meeting was off limits to the press."

Has any POTUS/LDS leader meeting every had press present? Just curious.

Posted by: downsouth ( )
Date: April 03, 2015 10:22PM

had much to do about immigration. He wants it for votes. They want it for tithes.

Posted by: cupcakelicker (drunk) ( )
Date: April 04, 2015 02:23AM

Would the thirst for immigrant dinero turn the profit into a southpaw?

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: April 04, 2015 01:13AM

I got the impression it was only a courtesy call on his way to the crux of his visit at Hill AFB.

*No comment about pandering to vets.*

Posted by: beyondashadow ( )
Date: April 04, 2015 02:55AM

Utah is the second to last state in the Union to receive a visit from Obama.

Maybe he wanted to show The Brethren how important the Mormon Church is in the Big Picture of Things.

Posted by: jiveturkey ( )
Date: April 04, 2015 06:12AM

like Obama is important in the "big picture of things" lol

Posted by: lilburne ( )
Date: April 04, 2015 06:02AM

I wonder if the others in the Q15 get nervous incase a dying profit has an attack of conscience or fear and decides to speak out in public and like a death bed confession, sink the boat that they all seem eager to get us to stay in?

Seems like it could happen. I mean, they know there is a chance they'll stand before God and have to account for the modest stipend and all of the lying.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.