Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: sweettasteofwoman ( )
Date: April 02, 2011 12:43PM

The more we born again christians examine mormonism we see it is a criminal organization that hide behind a so called priesthood to commit vile and evil sex abuse.........cause when you strip mormonism down what you have is a cult crawling with pedophiles and abusers who are nothing more than a common criminal and scum............

anyone who abuses in any way and also hurt and molest children is also scum.......

But vengeance is mine alone says the Lord Of Host.......

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2011 12:44PM by crazydaze.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: April 02, 2011 12:47PM

You make me laugh! Keep up the good work of making people see the narrow scope of reason used by Fundamentalist Christians. Your sense of humor is intoxicating!

Posted by: Holy the Ghost ( )
Date: April 02, 2011 02:45PM

Either she's
- hilariously ironic
- off her meds
- and LDS troll trying to bait us into saying stupid that she can report back as a faith promoting story.

I'm hoping for the first option...

Date: April 02, 2011 02:54PM

Unless she is a fundamentalist Christian that believes in gay marriage. What are the chances of that?

Nah, I think crazydaze is not a troll but someone trying to illustrate the absurdity of Christianity. And what a great job he or she is doing!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2011 02:55PM by wine country girl.

Date: April 02, 2011 03:26PM

I'm a born again christian that is saved by grace......

the great God of Israel know I speak the truth about my experiences and that is all that matters....

the wrath of the Lord rest and abide on the wicked...

surely you know that people who do wrong will not inherit God kingdom,do not be fooled,those who sin sexually,who worship idols,who take part in adultery,those who are male prostitutes,or men who have sexual relations with other men,those who steal,those who are greedy,those who get drunk,those who lie about others,or rob,these people will not inherit God kingdom 1 cor 6:9-10

the wicked shall be turned into hell,and all the people and nations who forget about God,shall be turned into hell psalm 9:17 everyday God is angry,angry with the wicked psalm 5:5

but coward those who refuse to believe,who kill,who sin sexually,who does evil things,who worship idols,who tell lies,who does evil magic,all these will have a place in the lake of burning sulfur,this is the second death rev 21:8

hell-home of the devil and his angels 2 peter 2:4,future home of sinners matt 10:28 23:33 rev 21:8,description of,matt 13:42 rev 14;11,so you see hell is a place where no one should want to spend all eternity in,hell is real,just like heaven is real.

Date: April 02, 2011 04:14PM

Posted by: possiblypagan ( )
Date: April 02, 2011 12:52PM

Date: April 02, 2011 01:29PM

yes but there seem to be a pattern in mormonism,these are not isolated incidents....

Posted by: vasalissasdoll ( )
Date: April 02, 2011 01:11PM

...because no fundamentalist christian would EVER have the same problems in THEIR church....

Posted by: Anon ( )
Date: April 02, 2011 01:25PM

Please, Crazydaze, please pray to Jesus that you can find a supportive group for you and that you will find love.

Fundie Christian.....

Quotes from the Bible.....

Throwing stones through the eye of a camel's needle cometh unto him...

Yah. Please. this stuff makes me nauseated.

Good luck, it's a a big world with many, many websites more fascinating than this, I'm sure.

Date: April 02, 2011 01:30PM

- A Brigham Young University student was arrested on attempted
kidnapping and assault charges Thursday after he allegedly used a
stun gun on a woman and tried to handcuff her.

Police say Stetson Hallam, 20, was the 19-year-old woman's home
teacher in their LDS ward, and the two lived in the same apartment
complex south of BYU. Provo police Sgt. Mark Crosby said Hallam had
pursued the woman romantically, but she did not have any interest in
him. He was persistent in trying to date her, Crosby said, to the
point where she felt "creeped out" by Hallam.

by janice peterson daily herald

Posted by: yolinda ( )
Date: April 02, 2011 01:33PM

Anyone who molests children is scum. I can't believe the mormon church or any church would advocate such behavior. Those that do such activities are fools and rule breakers. They are an embarrasment to their church.

Posted by: Anon ( )
Date: April 02, 2011 01:42PM

There are people in the world who do horrible things to children and are abusive who...

Do not belong to any church....

And (gasp) are ATHIESTS!! OMG OMG OMG

non-religious people fill the prisons. They have no remorse. What they do has nothing to do at all about their relationship with any deity.

The man who kidnapped an 11 year old (Jaycee) and raped her began to create his own religion. He won't get off on an insanity defense, either. The man who raped and murdered Polly Klass was not a mormon. He was just ruthless.

Date: April 02, 2011 01:49PM

but mormonism claim to be the only true church,that can not lead the lds members astray,no other church go around doing this....

where is the discernment in mormonism.......to prevent these bad thing from happening,where is that so called priesthood discernment.............to stop the perpetrator in their tracks...

Posted by: staind ( )
Date: April 02, 2011 02:21PM

Bro or Sis (whichever you are). You kinda convict yourself with every argument you make against mo's followed by the fact that their sin is worse cuz they claim to have the truth.

Fundamental Christians claim the same thing, and their ranks are filled with criminals, rapists, murderers, abusers, thiefs, etc. just like every other group, sect, orgainization, race, etc.

Humans fuck up. Badly. Period. They all belong to some group or another. But make no mistake. All groups have their fair share of fuck ups. No way around it.

Posted by: ontheDownLow ( )
Date: April 02, 2011 02:37PM

I second that comment Staind. Well said!

Posted by: Holy the Ghost ( )
Date: April 02, 2011 02:47PM

Posted by: Taddlywog ( )
Date: April 02, 2011 02:37PM

As a child I was molested by 2 men.

My nevermo maternal grandfather and a former bishop. Both men were at least 50 years older than me. Both men cowered when I pushed them off and exposed them to my parents. So yes it happens both in and out of the church. Both betrayals were very damaging to my trust and innocence.

The abuse by the bishop was more painful for me because I was told this man was called of God to be a leader. I sustained him. My community and family sustained him as called of God. This was during President Kimball's reign. I had had the lesson in Young Women's how it was better that I loose my life than loose my viritue.

At that young age it was synonymous with being betrayed by God. That was overwhelming. It was easier for me to separate God from the church and realize what they claimed about revelation directly from God just was not the case. You cannot say: Sustain and obey with blind faith.... and then excuse him for acting like a "man" when he is acting like a sexual predator on a child. I know no one is perfect. But I do not think I am expecting too much from God to not choose sexual/criminal opportunists as my spiritual leaders.

Posted by: Tauna ( )
Date: April 02, 2011 01:45PM

There are many of us here (including me) that are Christian.

But, your black and white thinking/craziness is too similiar to the bs we had to put up with in mormonism. The real world is a lovely place...try living in it sometime!

Date: April 02, 2011 01:54PM

this is the real world where children are being sex abused,the 5 browns case for example,it goes on.

you are in denial........

Date: April 02, 2011 02:40PM

crazydaze, please re-read staind's message above. It is well thought out and profound.

I have seen SOB's hypocrites that violate children in all religions. Religion ain't gonna stop them. We can equally point to religion being the problem in ppl than we can mormons or atheists. And if you don't believe me, then maybe you need to take some world history and american history courses. Manifest Destiny and the European Inquisition.

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: April 02, 2011 02:49PM

And the fact that this stuff is getting published here pretty much gives the lie to your charges...

There's a horrible underbelly to the LDS Church in regards to sex abuse, but it's a really small minority. The cover-ups are generally carried out by naive sorts who can't believe it's happening. Sex stuff may have been a big part of the church founder's raîson d'être, but the problems are diminishing, albeit slowly.

The big problem is loudmouths like you feed the church's persecution complex, and your "Our Jesus can beat up Your Jesus" mantra rings pretty hollow.

And out in the real world, while you holier-than-Mormons sorts are hollering, you've turned your own blind eye to just how big of a business evangelical Christianity has become. See Roberts, Pat, Bakker Jim and Tammy Faye, and Swaggart, Jimmy...

Didn't the Master say something about splinters in thine own eye?

Posted by: nebularry ( )
Date: April 02, 2011 02:44PM

The more we born again ATHEISTS examine CHRISTIANITY we see it is a criminal organization that hides behind a so called RELIGION to commit vile and evil sex abuse.........cause when you strip CHRISTIANITY down what you have is a cult crawling with pedophiles and abusers who are nothing more than a common criminal and scum............

anyone who abuses in any way and also hurt and molest children is also scum.......

But vengeance is mine alone says the LEGAL SYSTEM.

Date: April 02, 2011 02:52PM

nebularry, let me add your last quote:

"And the Tax Exempt Status be theirs (all religious corps.) says the LEGAL SYSTEM"

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: April 02, 2011 02:51PM

Keep f*cking that chicken.

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: April 02, 2011 03:11PM

Hey. anyone can make a mistake.

Posted by: Villager ( )
Date: April 02, 2011 03:36PM

Thier priests most likely have been abusing children for hundreds of years.

Why doesn't the ten commandments include "Thou shalt not molest or abuse children"?

The whole catholic priest abuse thing is about the creepiest thing ever. All protecting each other.

And are not "born agains" just a branch off the old tree?

Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: April 02, 2011 04:22PM

Villager Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> Why doesn't the ten commandments include "Thou
> shalt not molest or abuse children"?
>

and why isn't that one followed by: "Thou shalt not hide or protect those that molest or abuse children"

Date: April 02, 2011 04:26PM

exactly.........

Date: April 02, 2011 04:35PM

Including born agains that try to make it appear as if the problem is just with Mormons, or just with Catholics.

Date: April 02, 2011 04:42PM

I'm a born again christian and attend a lot of christian churches,never have I experienced what I experienced in mormonism which was bad behavior.............

I'm just saying mormonism takes the cake.....when it comes to abuse.

Date: April 02, 2011 04:46PM

To try to divert attention away from the evangelical churches, priests or members that are engaging in evil behavior by pointing at another church and making it out to be the worst or the only church doing such things should be a sin.

Posted by: elee ( )
Date: April 02, 2011 04:29PM

In the afterlife
You could be headed for the serious strife
Now you make the scene all day
But tomorrow there'll be Hell to pay

People listen attentively
I mean about future calamity
I used to think the idea was obsolete
Until I heard the old man stamping his feet

This is a place where eternally
Fire is applied to the body
Teeth are extruded and bones are ground
And baked into cakes which are passed around

In the afterlife

Beauty, talent, fame, money,
refinement , job skill and brain
And all the things you try to hide
Will be revealed on the other side.

In the afterlife

Now the D and A and the M and the N and the A
And the T and the I-O-N
Lose your face
Lose your name
And get fitted for a suit of flames.

Posted by: brokenwings ( )
Date: April 03, 2011 06:56PM

oh let me tell you it happens in all religions....my father was a baptist minster who was in the pulpit every sunday and wednesday preaching God's love and know what else hid behind his door.....he was a child molester of boys....used his power to get his way into the lives of mothers with no father in the home, acting like a concerened preacher who cared, would quickly earn the mothers trust and would then take the boys fishing etc..... thank god i was a girl

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.