Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: SAMMY ( )
Date: March 05, 2019 05:36PM

I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT MORMON CHURCH,NORE DO I KNOW ANYBODY WITH THE MORMON CHURCH,,MY QUESTION IS ,,IS IT A GOOD IDEA OR NOT TO JOIN THE CHURCH,

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: angela ( )
Date: March 05, 2019 05:38PM

Why do you want to join.

This is an ex-mormon board. You aren't going to find anyone who will encourage you in such a decision

Posted by: SAMMY ( )
Date: March 05, 2019 05:44PM

OK,,U ANSWERED MY QUESTION,,THANKS

Posted by: Honest TB[long] ( )
Date: March 05, 2019 09:15PM

Thanks to how I've been raised I have a sacred duty to strongly encourage you to join this beloved Church of ours and get yourself fully assimilated into being a totally obedient servant of this wondrous organization who will never ever dare question anything seriously again once you get dunked through baptism as any temptation to ever ask any real questions will automatically fill you up with so much guilt that you'll cry like a baby and just submit yourself to long suffering joy as a non-thinking but super obedient servant of the holy middlemen who will be assigned to micromanage your life. So don't listen to Angela but just listen to me, and also learn all you can about this beloved glorious Correlation program we have. Once you learn how the Correlation program works and then you decide to get yourself sucked in them we've got you hooked in like a fish or trapped like prey on a spider web and then you will be fully assimilated. Not only will you be assimilated but you will be enlisted to help get everyone else assimilated too.

So start learning all you can about the beloved Correlation program :) Also make sure you ask lots of questions of everyone so you can find out for yourself whether or not the Church is true or if its a fraud. Of course if its true you will see how super honest and transparent it is about its statistics, finances, doctrines, history, and everything :)

Good luck :) Oh by the way can I get the names and contact info of all your neighbors, co-workers, relatives, customers, and everyone you know? We got to start contacting them immediately to get them sucked into this beloved organization of ours as we aim to get everyone assimilated. While you are at it we need all the names & death info on all their ancestors and everyone they know so we can get them necrodunked in some super sacred ceremonies at our temple :) Its one of the most normal non-bizarre things we do in this beloved religion of ours :)

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: March 05, 2019 05:42PM

What are your reasons for [perhaps] joining the church?

What [specifically] are you looking for?

How do you envision your life changing in positive ways if you DO join the church?

Are you looking for friends?

Are you looking for a possible lifetime mate?

Are you looking for business or occupational advantages in some way?

Are you looking for an eternal "insurance policy" so [after your death] you "go" to a good place, rather than to what you think might be a "bad" place?

What are you seeking from the Mormon church that you, at this moment, find lacking in your daily life, or in your envisioned future life?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2019 05:44PM by Tevai.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: March 05, 2019 05:54PM

You sound like you just drew a name out of a hat full of church names in order to pick one to join since you say you know nothing about it and know no one in it. So what would even inspire you to ask such a question that seems so random and pulled out of thin air?

Some more information might get you some helpful information in return.

Ever hear that song, "Looking for Love in All the Wrong Places?"

Posted by: edy ( )
Date: March 05, 2019 05:59PM

bad idea, don't join. but if you insist there are many benefits.

you will get to pay a small fee of 10 percent of your income to go to the temple and later to the celestial kingdom.

you will be able to fill your time doing free labor which is great especially if you get the chance to clean toilets after people you don't really know.

you will be told how to live, what to not drink or smoke, what you can and can't do to keep the sabbath holy.

you will have to read the book of mormon repeatedly. if you like watching the same old boring movie over and over you will love reading a boring book over and over.

you will have to at some point after paying up be required to wear their special underwear. they cost money in addition to the 10 percent you have already paid.

you will not be able to say mormon anymore.

you will have to go to meetings and serve in a calling and they will be making those decisions for you also.

you will sometimes be in conflict with friends and family if you are not sharing their beliefs.

you will have to actually go to what they call tithing settlement and declare to the bishop whether or not you are paid in full the 10 percent you have to pay to be a member in good standing.

if at some point you need any kind of financial help due to either long or short term circumstances, you will have to go see the bishop and he may or may not help you even if you have paid your 10 percent. it's up to him and the "spirit". whatever.

you will get to attend 2 hours on sunday and sing songs that sometimes sound like you are at a funeral. as a matter of fact certain ones are regularly sung and funerals.

speaking of funerals, it will not be about you, it will be about the organization and how you need to convert everyone you know.

the benefits are endless just like the misery it will cause once you find out this is not a church but a business. the real name if the CORPORATION OF THE PRESIDENT OF THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER DAY SAINTS. YES, THAT IS THE REAL NAME. CHECK IT OUT.

BUT if you would like to associate with some people that believe the same thing you will need to believe, it's great.

beware of the ponzi schemes though. these greedy people at the top are in it for money.

jesus is not going to be here soon like they have been telling us forever. they are selling off a lot of land in florida to build housing over the next several decades so that settles that issue.

there really are just too many benefits to name and i have been gone for quite some time after finding out about polygamy and mountain meadow massacre and wife #19 by ann eliza webb young and in sacred loneliness by todd compton. you can read great reviews of these on amazon.

otherwise, DON'T JOIN. SAVE YOUR TIME, MONEY, MENTAL WELL BEING AND ANYTHING ELSE YOU VALUE.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: March 05, 2019 07:12PM

You're asking a forum of ex-Mormons whether or not to join the Mormon church?!

Priceless.

Posted by: mikemitchell ( )
Date: March 05, 2019 07:37PM

LOL. Like asking former Ford Pinto owners if it is a good purchase.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: March 05, 2019 07:47PM

What's a Pinto?

;-)

Posted by: jacob ( )
Date: March 05, 2019 07:14PM

What? I didn't hear you.

Posted by: not logged in ( )
Date: March 05, 2019 08:58PM

"I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT MORMON CHURCH"

You could say that about a lot of mormons, as it turns out.

"IS IT A GOOD IDEA OR NOT TO JOIN THE CHURCH"

Not, unless you like the idea of paying 10% of your income to a church that wants to control every part of your life, including your underwear.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: March 05, 2019 09:39PM

It’s about as good an idea as marrying a stripper.

Posted by: gone4good4ever ( )
Date: March 06, 2019 02:00AM

DO IT!!

i joined the cult and my husband didn't.
you could say we both got screwed.
it ruined my life and he left me and the kids and married a prostitute. a cheap ugly one at that.

he left us and she left her family to launch her career. not exactly launch, it was more horizontal.

after we both got screwed he got in a bad accident and died. she has cancer.

he is probably being taught something right now (hopefully soon to be released from the spirit prison) and they will be sealed and will no longer be drunks either. no more laying down on the job for her.

joining the cult can bring nothing but joy. DO IT!!

Date: March 06, 2019 03:09AM

Sheesh, I was afraid that joke might hit too close to home. It seems too many Mormon marriages are a train wreck waiting to happen.

TSCC is the social equivalent of the La Brea Tar Pits.

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: March 05, 2019 10:02PM

IN ~

ON ALL CAP LOCK THRED ~

THX OPIE ~

PLZ JOIN THE MORMONDUM CHURCH OPIE ~

Date: March 06, 2019 03:13AM

You know any good gator farms? I have a hankering to stick my head in one’s open mouth.

Posted by: Darla ( )
Date: March 06, 2019 09:28AM

I think I would like to feel the thrill of stepping into quicksand. The end.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: March 06, 2019 10:43AM

Posted by: cinda ( )
Date: March 06, 2019 05:35PM

On the main page of this site is an excellent article titled, "Thinking of Joining the Mormon Church?" I would start there for the answers to your question.

Posted by: guy3 ( )
Date: March 06, 2019 06:35PM

Don't do it. There is no God. There is no divine Jesus. Mormonism will just build a pattern of pain hidden behind an service. You may be happy, for a while. But if you don't conform, it will get awkward fast.

I wish I left decades ago, but I didn't, and it literally almost killed me.

Posted by: Gone4good ( )
Date: March 06, 2019 08:18PM

It wiped out my identity and I sure have a dead spot in me that will
NEVER heal

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: March 06, 2019 10:16PM

That is just awful.

It's taken me years to work on healing the wounded child from growing up in the dysfunctional family in my past. I love them, but my experiences including Mormonism shaped who I became too.

Making sense of the journey is part of my reason for being. At some point acceptance of what I cannot change especially the past.

I'm still the little girl I was years ago, and all the ages in between then and now. I see where I have some arrested development and wonder why that is. The timeline centers around a brother who died of cancer when I was a toddler.

((((hugs))))

Posted by: CateS ( )
Date: March 06, 2019 09:56PM

That was one weird OP. One question. One reply. And ‘question answered’ thanks—outta here.
Makes me think OP’s original inquiry was not genuine.
Plus, so rife with errors it was pretty much indecipherable.

Posted by: gone4good4ever ( )
Date: March 06, 2019 10:26PM

i think "Sammy" is really rusty checking us out before he gets some more delusions of what god wants, i mean revelation.

Posted by: Susie ( )
Date: March 06, 2019 11:43PM

Rusty, is that you? Don't join!

Posted by: Husband ofTBM ( )
Date: March 08, 2019 05:18PM

I tried to post this as a thread and it was removed, perhaps I can post it here? This is some missionary’s and others story of leaving, but should give you a reason why not to join in the first place

[link to proselytizing video deleted by moderator]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2019 05:35PM by Tevai.

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: March 08, 2019 05:34PM

Husband ofTBM:

Proselytizing is not allowed on this board. Please refer to the "Guidelines-February 2017" thread located near the top of the board.

The video you are linking to is a proselytizing video whose aim is to convert Mormons (or exmormons, or possibly people who are interested in Mormonism) to the "Born Again" sectors of Christianity.

Although you (when you are not proselytizing) are welcome to post here, be aware that proselytizing efforts (from anyone!) are NOT allowed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2019 05:37PM by Tevai.

Posted by: nonmo_1 ( )
Date: March 08, 2019 06:34PM

Definitely...not a good IDEA TO YELL!!! when asking questions of the people here..

Just sayin'..

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.