Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: yolinda ( )
Date: April 02, 2011 01:26PM

Apricot pits.

Posted by: spaghetti oh ( )
Date: April 02, 2011 01:49PM

A 'Skunk Spray' flavoured Jelly Belly... oh, how my nephews laughed.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: April 02, 2011 02:13PM

I thought the dog food jelly beans were the worst - but I never had skunk spray ones.

Posted by: beansandbrews ( )
Date: April 02, 2011 01:56PM

those tiny cooked peas....

Posted by: xophor ( )
Date: April 02, 2011 02:12PM

Cilantro....vile weed.

Posted by: apikoros ( )
Date: April 02, 2011 03:40PM

Chewable calcium carbonate antacid pills - especially Gaviscon! Instead of relieving my heartburn and acid reflux, they fill my esophagus and digestive tract with a putrid, foaming mass that makes me puke. Oh, well... the source of trouble is then gone, at least.

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: April 02, 2011 03:49PM

Not me, but...

Are you familiar with the horrible taste you get when trying to siphon gas out of your car for the benefit of your lawn mower?

Well... picture, instead of a car, a motor home. The sewerage tank cap looks a lot like a gas cap...

Visual images left to the reader.

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: April 02, 2011 03:51PM

My blood pressure medicine. Very, very bitter.

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: April 02, 2011 03:54PM

The prescription pain medication after having surgery to remove impacted wisdom teeth, since it would start dissolving the moment I put one in my mouth.

Posted by: possiblypagan ( )
Date: April 02, 2011 03:57PM

and there was a "protein bar", I don't remember the name, but the HQ is in Park City Ut. It was so foul, that I sent a letter to the office with proof of purchase to get a refund. No response.

Posted by: zimmy ( )
Date: April 02, 2011 03:57PM

cafe rio

Posted by: Hervey Willets ( )
Date: April 02, 2011 03:58PM

I will give the work-safe answer of stewed cardoon; a vegetable related to the globe artichoke. I had read about them in Victorian kitchen gardening guides, and stumbled upon them at the Whole Foods market. I used a recipe out of a victorian cookbook, and braised it in seasoned red wine. The result was absolutely unpalatable. Second place would have to be a Hostess Snowball--lurid pink marshmallow frosting rolled in coconut presumably around some form of cake. Spat it out immediately.

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: April 02, 2011 04:02PM

The other day I popped what I thought was a pistachio in my mouth and it turned out to be a pine tree seed, I think. It was horrible! Valerian root tincture is pretty damn disgusting as well.

Posted by: inquiring mind ( )
Date: April 02, 2011 11:41PM

Sea urchin? That's pure iodine! Can't get much worse than that. But I think saffron comes pretty close. Tastes like powdered vitamin pills.

Posted by: Lost Mystic ( )
Date: April 02, 2011 04:05PM

Sea urchin

Tastes like gunpowder mixed with ditch water

Posted by: Heathen ( )
Date: April 02, 2011 04:24PM

Hydrocortizone cream. Tried to brush my teeth with it on accident once. Nasty.

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: April 02, 2011 04:26PM

LOL Heathen. A friend's husband did exactly the same thing just a week or two ago.

Posted by: Hugh Geoffens-Kaamm ( )
Date: April 02, 2011 04:29PM

That little vial of sh*t they make you drink the night before a colonoscopy. Pleasant lemon flavor my a**! By comparison, the colonoscopy wasn't so bad.

Posted by: Fetal Deity ( )
Date: April 02, 2011 07:18PM

No fair! They made me ingest about a gallon of "VILE." The only way I can describe it was diluted laundry detergent (they didn't even attempt to pleasantly flavor this rocket fuel). And the name of stuff: GoLYTELY® ... obviously named by some sarcastic, sadistic pseudo-scientist! (LOL!)

Posted by: Rose2008 ( )
Date: April 02, 2011 04:52PM

Grapefruit seed extract. It is suppose to kill a cold but I think it kills the patient first.

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: April 02, 2011 05:45PM

Posted by: Don Bagley ( )
Date: April 02, 2011 07:48PM

How about that horehound candy they give you at Brigham Young's house? When you leave the house and spit it out, you see the vile candy drops all over the grounds.

Posted by: worldwatcher ( )
Date: April 02, 2011 08:16PM

Munching away on a handful of pinon (or pine) nuts, spitting the shells into the fire, and having a rabbit turd dissolve in your mouth....

Maybe this is just something that is regional to the southwest, but it definitely is memorable!

Posted by: blindmag ( )
Date: April 02, 2011 08:22PM

Stomake medicine. It's kind of powderd and the bit at the bottom thats mostly powder just makes me puke. Then beans. It kind of explodes into some almot powdery stuff again and I want to be sick.

Posted by: glad2bout ( )
Date: April 02, 2011 08:50PM

Fear.

Glad2B Out

Posted by: Tabitha ( )
Date: April 02, 2011 09:36PM

Brussels Sprouts!!!

Posted by: Skunk Puppet ( )
Date: April 02, 2011 10:28PM

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: April 02, 2011 10:34PM

Liver - every ten years or so I would try it to see if I don't like it. I stopped trying twenty years ago. It's awful!

Posted by: DebbiePA ( )
Date: April 02, 2011 11:50PM

Boiled Okra.

P. S. I love Brussels Sprouts and liver.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.