Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Drew90 ( )
Date: April 05, 2015 10:01AM

What else should they have done? It would be hard to get your opposed vote out just by raising your hand in a building as big as a basketball arena.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: exldsdudeinslc ( )
Date: April 05, 2015 10:02AM

I think you just answered your own question. :)

Date: April 05, 2015 10:04AM

I just want the mormons complaining to know this. They should realize this too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2015 10:05AM by Drew90.

Posted by: exldsdudeinslc ( )
Date: April 05, 2015 10:05AM

But that's the point exactly, they do know this. They would prefer the dissenters go quietly without any attention by just raising their hands, ultimately going unnoticed.

Date: April 05, 2015 10:06AM

I see. That makes sense.

Posted by: gentlestrength ( )
Date: April 05, 2015 11:57AM

I do not think people should resign their membership if they prefer not to follow the LDS process of making a request in writing, but perhaps these are related. Perhaps the Mormons prefer you remain Mormon, become their burden or chore, rather than make noise when you leave.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: April 05, 2015 10:39AM

Yah .... AS IF MORmONISM does not constantly yell out its MORmON message, harassing people around the globe with a dedicated full time missionary army, holding families hostage in eternity. The MORmON solution is to always promote the MORmON religion. When that can not be done, it is to leave the MORmON religion completely unfettered to go on its thieving predatory way.
That means that IF objections do exist, then they should be expressed in such feeble tones that no one can tell.

Posted by: EXON46 ( )
Date: April 05, 2015 10:40AM

Maybe it was force of habit, after all you stand, raise your arm, bow your head, and say yes in the temple, which is much holier then where they were. Also the voting is an important and recorded thing. It is easy to see thousands of hands go up for the yes vote, but when it is a few how would the clerk see them to make note? If everyone voted no, I would expect someone to yell yes. Hopefully future conferences more people will be brave enough to do the same. Those old men need to hear it. I think that is the only time they ever would. You know a no vote in a local church never gets past a bishop or stake leader.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: April 05, 2015 11:49AM

The Mormons are right. It's obnoxious the way those people yelled. It's like a couple of jerks pounding on someone's door to solicit for membership. Unnecessary annoyance.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: April 05, 2015 12:34PM

Their goal was to get attention that there's dissent within.

It worked. Can it happen again?

Not before church authorities take preventive steps to see it doesn't.

You can bet your booties on that. ;)

Personally that yay and nay vote has been around forever.

It means nothing other than subservience of the masses.

It's always expected Mormons will vote in the affirmative. Dissent isn't an option for Mormons in "good standing."

It's as absurd as the kangaroo court; as in 'guilty before innocent,' when being called before church officials.

They're both ridiculous procedures; just more canonization of church procedures and form of mind control.

Posted by: ConcernedCitizen ( )
Date: April 05, 2015 01:17PM

Posted by: Exmo Mom ( )
Date: April 05, 2015 11:29PM

In every Mormon meeting, TBMs constantly say "Amen" out loud which I was once taught was to indicate agreement with the prayer or speaker.

It's about time an opportunity to disagree was voiced verbally as well!

Posted by: southern Idaho inactive ( )
Date: April 05, 2015 11:40PM

What else could they have done!?The top morg leadership complety ignores the rank and file members. At their loud No has members and morg leadership( hopefully) aware that all is not well in Zion and elsewhere ...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.