Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: icanseethelight ( )
Date: April 05, 2015 01:12PM

Crying before the talk even starts.

Come on dodo get angry!! Tell at these rebellious people who do not bow down to your magnificence to repent.

I want to see some spittle!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: frackenmess ( )
Date: April 05, 2015 01:14PM

He could be showing his true colors or hiding lies which will cause some people to cry uncontrollably.

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: April 05, 2015 01:16PM

What kind of hate is he spewing?

Date: April 05, 2015 01:24PM

"I don't know what happened to this earth before Adam and eve, but I know .... We are all falling towards perpetual death ... With nothing to save us... Is this simply an existential exercise? No!!! I testify all things have been done...all was weighed for eternal happiness!!! Jesus would die in the meridian of time...providing eternal life to anyone...conditional on obedience to sacred principles."

So basically, obey me you idiots. Can you not see what and who I am????

At least he is mentioning Easter for you Christians out there.

Posted by: Pyewacket ( )
Date: April 05, 2015 03:14PM

"All things have been done"

Hmmm. Someone watching Battlestar Galattica?

Six: "All this has happened before, and all this will happen again." (The Hand of God)

Posted by: Zeezromp ( )
Date: April 05, 2015 06:18PM

" Jesus would die in the meridian of time...providing eternal life to anyone...conditional on obedience to sacred principles."

It's convenient how cults have good news of salvation but with a 'contractual clause' that is always bad news.

1.Pay us the minimum 10% for starters and pay more to show faithfulness if you are more greedy and gullible thinking more dollars will come your way.(Prosperity Gospel BS).

2.Obey and believe us (even if we are full of BS and wrong as history has shown continually).

3.Recruit non member friends and family every day. Give them Milk before Meat (make it sound like a regular Christian church). Keep away from meat if possible. Deny meat if necessary.

4. Clean the crappers out (toilets).

5. If the prophet wants your wives as concubines, just do it and maybe hand over your daughters too.

6. If the prophets says burn down a newspaper press, then do it.

7. If the Prophet says Vote and Campaign to strip gays of their marriage civil rights, then do it.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: April 05, 2015 01:21PM

"But the angel is deceiving
For he's weeping as he sings
Beside your bed the angel stands
You cannot touch his withered hands"

--Lyrics from "Ghosts" by Strawbs

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: April 05, 2015 02:09PM

Well now we know there are no less than 3 Adams.

The one in the OT, another in the NT . . . .

and of course there's the one of vwhom they dare not speak, the Father Adam who revealed himself to Brigham Young.

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: April 05, 2015 03:04PM

I was on the way to the pharmacy to get meds for my honey who has a kidney stone and heard just a snippet of that talk.

The more he talked, the worse it got. What is he trying to say about the earth before Adam and Eve? Then he goes off about their bad decision that was actually good, cause it meant they could have kids. well, duh.

Sorry, but it was just stupid.

Date: April 05, 2015 04:42PM

Upon reflection, I think Tom's letter is getting to him. Breaking down his sanity. The cog dis is threatening to explode his brain.

I would not be surprised if he is the first to call BS publicly.

If he was one of the only true believers like I think he might be, he is humming with dissonance.

Posted by: lilburne ( )
Date: April 05, 2015 06:03PM

I agree, i think it is getting to him, but the question is, is he too baked into the morg to come out and admit it. I expect many have discovered the truth, but realised they are financially and socially better off dying quietly without kicking up a fuss.

I think they miss out on their real moment, the moment where they go down in history as the first to speak out in modern times and tell the truth. In doing this, ironically, i think they'd end up more famous and richer than staying in and yet enjoy the freedom of living with integrity and saving a lot of people from financial fraud and pointless servitude.

If Holland spoke out, i'm pretty sure he'd end up on Oprah, not to mention a bunch of other news and TV shows. He'd certainly get a book deal, that alone could be bigger than any LDS book to date as both members and non would read what he had to say.

He could also lead the charge on RFM and as a figure head of the exmo movement.

I think there is real potential for them and a real opportunity to turn from fraudster to public hero.

Posted by: antilehinephi ( )
Date: April 05, 2015 04:50PM

I can never figure out what Holland is saying. He uses so much analogy and metaphors and then lapses into crying and I still don't know what the heck he is talking about.

I wonder if he wants to sound really smart, but it never makes sense to me.

Maybe I am just not smart or in tune with the Spirit.

Posted by: newnameabigail ( )
Date: April 05, 2015 07:44PM

Thats why he is sooo loved by the TBM's. He acts like most of them in F&T at the pulpit. They totally can relare to his mimimi mingled with pseudosmart metaphors and analogies, that leaves every twisted TBM with a faceexpression of highest release and every at least halfway normal dude with a huge question mark.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2015 07:47PM by newnameabigail.

Date: April 05, 2015 07:19PM

Pure mormon agape.

Unconditional 1st Corinthian love with conditions.

The worthiness interviews are Joe's clever legacy to Christianity.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2015 07:26PM by Shummy.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: April 05, 2015 08:11PM

Holland's holiness is getting to him

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: April 05, 2015 09:39PM

I think he knows what he is doing. I think him and Oaks have both united to be the real two top dogs in LDS Inc. right now.

Holland is taking the lead in getting leaders to accept "real truth" instead of simple truth and Oaks is taking the lead in public relations.

Holland is cleaning the inner vessel and Oaks is cleaning the outer vessel. And if Oaks winds up looking like Packer II all the better for Holland. He can be the good cop speaking to "the church" about what is really good and true.

Posted by: formermollymormon ( )
Date: April 05, 2015 11:39PM

I quit going to church before Holland was put into the twelve. Most of what I know about him is from this board. Although I think calling him "The dodo" fits, I'm curious as to why he's called that. I hope I'm not being a dodo by asking.

Posted by: nonamekid ( )
Date: April 05, 2015 11:43PM

During the last US presidential election, a British journalist did a stroy on Mormonism (related to a certain candidate's beliefs). As part of that story, he interviewed Holland. During that interview Jeffy stated "I'm no dodo".
You can find the interview on youtube, but I'm too lazy to go find it.

Posted by: formermollymormon ( )
Date: April 05, 2015 11:52PM

Thank you nonamekid. That's pretty funny.

Date: April 05, 2015 11:57PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.