Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: fritz ( )
Date: April 05, 2015 06:15PM

Garett Hansen (GMoney88):

I don’t support the rewriting of history. Nor those who believe it’s acceptable to do so. I don’t support the decision to avoid talking about certain parts of church history because it is not faith promoting. I can’t put into words the pain I felt when I realized the church had, for decades, pretended that there was nothing incriminating in its past. And then when it was backed into a corner, the church finally released essays confirming the faith-destroying aspects of its history, yet continued to spin words in order to make the information look less condemning.
I don’t support those who justify the immoral, racist, and sexist actions of past prophets, yet get up in front of millions of people to condemn those who drink coffee, wear tank tops, and support gay marriage.
I find it despicable that the church refuses to learn from its own past, and instead continues to repeat the same mistakes over and over again while claiming they do it in the name of Christ.
Follow the rules. Resist change. Kick out the sinner. Is this what He taught? No. The church truly has become the Pharisees of the 21st century.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Still LurkingB ( )
Date: April 05, 2015 06:23PM

^^^ X 1,000,000
But remember...doubt YOUR doubts...not the truths that aren't very useful.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.