Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Leah ( )
Date: April 06, 2015 12:25PM

WTF?

It is customary to fly the flag of a visiting dignitary's country.
They also play their national anthem,whether we like it or not.

Besides,that's the Chinese flag, the Communist flag shows a sickle and a hammer.

Bunch of misguided idiots.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: April 06, 2015 02:34PM

To generalize and put out some groups' lights because their own are so dim.

They prey on the simpletons with manufactured and repetitive talking points and half-truths.

Mormons do it with us "anti's"; conspiracy cranks do it with Commies, Freemasons, people of different political persuasions or religions or ethnic groups, and often anybody whose ideas are different than theirs and choose to vocalize them. I could elaborate, but that would mean going into the verböen realm of politics.

Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of drama...

My advice is triple-check one's facts, and have a good psychologist or two on call.

Posted by: Carol ( )
Date: April 06, 2015 09:31PM

Posted by: cupcakelicker (sober) ( )
Date: April 06, 2015 11:36PM

The Chinese are not communist... unless we have different definitions for that word (which is probably the case).

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: April 06, 2015 11:39PM

why don't you tell us at what point they stopped being communist.

Posted by: cupcakelicker (sober) ( )
Date: April 07, 2015 12:30AM

I can't tell you at what point they stopped being communists, because I don't know. History's not my strong suit.

In China, people accumulate capital and put it into a business venture, invest in the stock market, or buy something they want or need. Money, rather than need, determines the allocation of resources.

China's government is definitely authoritarian, and the state steers the economy, but I can't say it's Communist.

Posted by: cupcakełicker (sober) ( )
Date: April 07, 2015 01:05AM

Do you mean, then, that they are "Communist" because the ruling party of their nation is named "Communist Party"? Or do you mean that China follows a communist ideology of some sort?

I've never been to China, but I've visited other "Communist" countries which were anything but.

Posted by: Heretic 2 ( )
Date: April 07, 2015 01:09AM

Communism never really caught on in China the way it did elsewhere. The Chinese are an industrious people who love trade. They derive great satisfaction from working and earning money.

At the same time, Chinese culture has always been rather authoritarian and orderly. Living under a Communist dictator is really not all that different from living under a strong emperor.

Bureaucracy and central management have a long history in China. that part did not really change with the adoption of Communism.

So I guess what I am saying is that the Chinese assimilated the parts that they liked from Communism, and pretty much ignored the rest. Economically, Chinese Communism is more like a social welfare safety net for the poor and unfortunate than an intrusive thing which ruins everyone's opportunities to engage in business to their heart's content.

Posted by: lush ( )
Date: April 07, 2015 01:20AM

Interesting. Last time I was in Beijing Hilary came over to beg for "credit". They lined Tiananmen square with old glory. The same was done for North Korea a few weeks later. Reminds me of that time Glen Beck threw a hissy fit because the empire state building was lit up red for Chinese new year.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2015 01:26AM by lush.

Posted by: Mateo Pastor ( )
Date: April 07, 2015 02:25AM

These patriots are the kind of people who try to prevent muslim terrorism by harassing sikhs and nuns.

Posted by: pianoforte ( )
Date: April 07, 2015 05:11AM

Just because the Chinese [may or may not be] Communist, doesn't make their flag the communist flag.

Nor is the American flag the Flag of Capitalism.

This is completely ridiculous. I feel really embarrassed for the people there, how rude it is. I feel bad for the Chinese ambassador who were there, because if I was a ambassador in China, I'd get a little bit worried with people taking down my American flag outside.

Posted by: Abunyip ( )
Date: April 07, 2015 09:27AM

China is a capitalist country run by a somewhat fascist organisation called the Chinese Communist Party. They've been capitalist for centuries, except for an approximately forty-year aberration that began in 1949 and just seemed to fizzle out towards the end of the century.

Posted by: Glo ( )
Date: April 07, 2015 01:00PM

Don't call them patriots.
Insulting another country's flag only shows these Americans as the backwoods idiots they really are.

I'd like to hear how they'd scream if anyone in China did that to the American flag.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: April 07, 2015 01:17PM

It looked like there was a little difficulty with the lowering of the diplomatic flag. Luckily a park ranger-looking guy was there to help. The one guy got a free flag while others looked on in envy. I watched it on my Chinese laptop over a carton of orange chicken. Ice cubes clinked in a glass of cold soda from my Haier refrigerator. It felt good to see the commies put in their place.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.