Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anon90 ( )
Date: April 07, 2015 01:10AM

Since white skin first appeared about 8000 years ago, according to this article http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3027873/How-white-skin-evolved-Europeans-Pale-complexions-developed-region-8-000-years-ago-study-claims.html that proves that Adam and Eve are real! Obviously the dark skinned people from before 8000 years ago are the "pre-Adamites" and the white skinned people were God's chosen people that he placed on Earth. Now some might say Adam and Eve arrived 6000 years ago, but 6000 is close enough to 8000, and the scientists probably got the date wrong.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: April 07, 2015 01:16AM

Wow, talk about devaluing people with less than white skin! They evidently are not even human!

Posted by: Mateo Pastor ( )
Date: April 07, 2015 02:27AM

Posted by: scmd ( )
Date: April 07, 2015 03:20AM

Mateo Pastor Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
Re: If it's in the Daily Mail, it has probably been debunked thirty years ago

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!

Posted by: randyj ( )
Date: April 07, 2015 08:23AM

http://news.sciencemag.org/archaeology/2015/04/how-europeans-evolved-white-skin

The findings sound reasonable to me---much more reasonable than "Black skin is God's curse on Cain for killing Abel."

But the findings don't "prove that Adam and Eve were real," as the OP wrote. Let's hope that his statement was satire. Modern humans have existed for at least 200,000 years. Archaelogical and DNA research shows that humans began emigrating from Africa to other regions at least 50,000 years ago (to the far east and Australia, for instance.) So that demolishes the idea that some "Adam and Eve" were the first humans and that God placed them on earth (in Missouri hahaha) 6000, 8000, or even 20,000 years ago.

The differences in appearance between a blue-eyed, blonde-haired Caucasian and a 100% Negroid person can be completely changed in just a couple of generations of breeding with people of the opposite ancestry.

Posted by: michaelm (not logged in) ( )
Date: April 07, 2015 08:38AM

No, it is not proof of Adam and Eve. Neandertals had it first.
http://www.sciencemag.org/content/318/5850/546.short

Posted by: icanseethelight ( )
Date: April 07, 2015 10:53AM

This is a common white supremacist belief. Cain procreated with animals and therefore anyone not white is not human.

so...

agree to disagree :)

'cause you and me baby aint nothing but mammals so lets do it like they do on the discovery channel

Posted by: peculiargifts ( )
Date: April 07, 2015 01:52PM

I was a little confused by the OP about white skin arriving 8000 years ago. So I re-read article that the Daily Mail's article is based on.

Actually it says that white skin already existed in the far north of Europe 7,700 years ago, but not in the more southerly parts of Europe. Then another (already existing people, who already were also white skinned) came into the more southerly parts of Europe, interbred with the darker southerners, and that's how white skin became prominent down there.

All of which means that white-skinned people existed well before 6000 years ago, and also well before 8000 years ago, just not in central and southern Europe.

Here are the relevant two paragraphs from AAS.org:

"But in the far north—where low light levels would favor pale skin—the team found a different picture in hunter-gatherers: Seven people from the 7700-year-old Motala archaeological site in southern Sweden had both light skin gene variants, SLC24A5 and SLC45A2. They also had a third gene, HERC2/OCA2, which causes blue eyes and may also contribute to light skin and blond hair. Thus ancient hunter-gatherers of the far north were already pale and blue-eyed, but those of central and southern Europe had darker skin.

Then, the first farmers from the Near East arrived in Europe; they carried both genes for light skin. As they interbred with the indigenous hunter-gatherers, one of their light-skin genes swept through Europe, so that central and southern Europeans also began to have lighter skin. The other gene variant, SLC45A2, was at low levels until about 5800 years ago when it swept up to high frequency."

ETA: Oh, and by the way, I assumed that the OP was being facetious. I hope.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2015 01:55PM by peculiargifts.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: April 07, 2015 02:00PM

I've only met one "white" person my entire life -- an albino, who ironically enough was of African descent.
The vast majority of people I know who are incorrectly labeled "white" are pink, tan, red, and various other shades (sometimes depending on the time of year).

I don't think it's an accident that that varied group gets labeled "white" instead of their actual colors. White vs. black (and "black" people mostly aren't "black" either) as as simple and clear cut as "good vs. bad." It ignores the reality in between. That's intentional, I think, in skin color labeling.

:)

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: April 07, 2015 02:13PM

If Eve looked like Jessica Chastain, then I'm with Holland on the literal Garden of Eden thing; she can foist her porcelain goddess whiteness on me any time....

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.