Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: eunice ( )
Date: April 07, 2015 10:59PM

People like my MIL are why TSCC will survive and why one of the lying legal eagles of the church (Quentin Cook) at conference said the church "has never been stronger." Even if the membership is shrinking, there will always be diehard nuttfucks like my MIL...so yes, technically, the church is "stronger" (membership more brainwashed) but not in terms of growth or converting new members. This is her report of general conference that she wrote on April 6th:

Quote < "I noticed today's date that it's the most important date in the history of the world, and "the world" is oblivious to it -- even though it is so significant to everyone's life who has ever lived on earth and for the rest of eternity! Not only is it the birth of our Savior, but it is also connected to His death and resurrection and the restoration of His work in the final dispensation in order that all mankind may be resurrected and have the opportunity to live with our Father again, at least for those who take full advantage of the gift of the atonement. General Conference this past weekend was over-flowing with that message. There may have been an added emphasis because it was actually Easter, which some people of the world try to explain away saying it was necessary to adapt pagan holidays in order for the newly and so-called christian church to thrive with their mysterious myths of a resurrection. Oh my, I wonder what these people will say to Heavenly Father about that when they stand before Him one day at judgment. Will they be some of those who would rather the mountains fall and cover them up rather than face their Father? We are told nothing will surprise us more than when we are brought face to face with our Father again just how well we know Him and how familiar He will be to us. My prayer is that we will all be so happy to see Him again that we will want to run toward Him and throw our arms around this loving Father who knows us better than we know ourselves. Please teach our grandchildren this so they will know and love their Father, especially since it is the first and great commandment.

I was so spiritually touched by so many of the General Conference talks. I'm hearing somewhat different messages than what we've been so accustomed to hearing over the years. I felt an urgency, a hastening, a purifying need, a refining, a preparation (individually and as families and as a church), many many warnings, a boldness with the messages that are being given. Elder Neil L. Anderson helped us see the eternal perspective as we anticipate the 2nd Coming -- the Lord is in charge and things that seem highly unlikely or impossible are happening because with God all things are possible. I mean 3 newly announced temples that you have to look on a map to find?! I never thought I'd see the prophecy being fulfilled of temples dotting the earth -- Haiti, Bangkok, Ivory Coast?!! Wow! Conference was incredible! I loved it! I need to try harder and be better, for real not pretend :-) What really is in my heart? Can't I do better for my Father? Can't I be more genuine? Yes, going through the motions is needed to get us where we eventually need to be, but we do need to hang on to that iron rod, especially in today's world where Satan is getting in his last licks with a vengeance. President Dieter Uchtdorf's talk Sunday morning (final speaker for that session) gave me so much food for thought, I wonder if I'll ever be able to digest it all. I need to re-read it over and over. Powerful message! And I've never heard a woman give a talk like Sister Linda K. Burton (R.S. pres.) Saturday morning (it was basically about the sacredness of the husband's/father's role in a family.)" > End Quote

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: funeraltaters ( )
Date: April 07, 2015 11:08PM

Lol. I've never met your MIL before, but I'm pretty sure that I hate her.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: April 07, 2015 11:26PM

Yes, when the soviets tighten the noose around Berlin, she may be there with a panzerfaust in her hand.

(Uh, oh...I just invoked Godwin's law)

Posted by: Gary seven's cat ( )
Date: April 08, 2015 01:17AM

Dear chicken n backpacks, by evoking Godwin's Law you have won the internet for the day.

And, that conference report must have been cribbed from my sister's facebook page drivel.

Posted by: snuckafoodberry ( )
Date: April 07, 2015 11:42PM

That sapped my energy.

Date: April 08, 2015 12:42AM

Yep...and hubby wonders why my blood pressure is elevated, lol

Posted by: annieg ( )
Date: April 12, 2015 09:22PM

I assume this was a Facebook post not f2f. Can you block her? Life is too short to have your peace and harmony constantly spoiled by this type of crap.

Date: April 13, 2015 01:47AM

It was part of her monthly "family letter" email that goes out to more than family members

Posted by: Ex-Sister Sinful Shoulders ( )
Date: April 08, 2015 01:35AM

Be better for real, not pretend (SO! She has been Pretending!)

She has to look on a MAP to know where those fabulous new temples will be built. =)

My sympathy. My mother has a difficult time writing a letter without including the plan of salvation, every time.

Who needs the rapture when General conference happens twice a year! How did your husband survive growing up?

Date: April 12, 2015 08:44PM

He's always saying he is sooooo glad that he was the oldest and pretty much ignored by his mother who was too busy birthing and taking care of the other 7 siblings. He is nothing like the rest of his family...thank god!

Posted by: perky ( )
Date: April 08, 2015 11:20AM

As people exit, the remaining LDS herd seems to get even more fundamental/self righteous. Someday maybe LD$ Inc will include a creation science museum in Gods mall. It could feature Dodo Jeff riding a dinosaur with Adam and Eve.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2015 11:22AM by perky.

Posted by: annieg ( )
Date: April 12, 2015 09:23PM

With pecker packer following behind on a tapir.

Posted by: jayg13 ( )
Date: April 08, 2015 11:55AM

Sounds just like my grandmother. I heard her voice in my head while reading. That 'have to be good enough' carp is part of what ruined my teen years.

Posted by: newnamenaomi ( )
Date: April 08, 2015 12:06PM

She sounds like my MIL.

The church is going to take a nosedive in another generation or two. In my family, 4 out of 5 siblings have left the church (the last remaining one is a NOM/jack), in dh's family, 2 out of 3 have left. Mormons are having fewer children now. Kids are smart these days, and they're not afraid of the internet.

Church growth has stagnated, and we will see it start to decline sharply in the coming decades, despite what the church reports. Church growth my ass.

Posted by: CTRringturnsmyfingergreen ( )
Date: April 08, 2015 12:08PM

Wow, this could have been written in 1972. Nothing changes. Basically, nobody is good enough, get your shit together now! Brutal.

Date: April 12, 2015 08:50PM

Yep. They make her feel like she's not doing enough, not good enough...which is so sad. As far as being a mormon goes, I don't know of anyone as "perfect" as she is...hell, she's sooo perfect she should have already been "translated."

Posted by: Oregonboy ( )
Date: April 08, 2015 12:26PM

"Can't I be more genuine?"

Not as long as you are a member of the lds church. The only way to be more genuine is to be your OWN person and see the world as it is.

Posted by: alyssum ( )
Date: April 08, 2015 06:05PM

Yikes. This is exactly how my journal used to read. It makes me sick to read it now. Well, I guess there's hope for anyone...

Funny aside: At the time I was writing and living and breathing such depressing nonsense, I also felt like my life was empty, boring, always looking for something that never happened. I was nobody, I was useless, I was stupid, never enough. I was the most faithful of the faithful, but I was spinning my gears like crazy and never getting anywhere.
Leaving the church has been so good for me-- now my life is very interesting: I'm interested in myself, I'm interested in (and not afraid of) others; I'm allowed to see the world as it is. The gears connect and I feel like I'm getting somewhere. Religion is a drug, but it can't cover up reality forever--thank goodness.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: April 08, 2015 07:30PM

Verbal dysentery.

Posted by: ok ( )
Date: April 08, 2015 07:45PM

Wow! to have a mother in-law like her....what a nightmare!!!

She reminds me of my TBM elderly neighbor that I used to hangout with...To her, mormonism is the "perfect religion" period!!!

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: April 08, 2015 07:47PM

LOL, A MORmON like that using the word "oblivious" in that context.

Yah, uhhhh, the MORmON church *only* has to build about 1800 more temples to begin to start to rival the hopelessly apostate Catholic Religion in terms of dotting the earth with Cathedrals / Temples. Any takers on bets that LDS Inc actually gets that done before the MORmON scam finally completely craps out? MORmONS are a joke and they do not even know it!

Posted by: superman4691 ( )
Date: April 12, 2015 09:26PM

Ouch!!! It sounds exactly like the jibber-jabber I use to hear in gospel doctrine class that made my head hurt and stomach turn.

Ive also noticed the strange dicotimy of TBM's not ever feeling good enough but at the same time bearing their testimonies, about how wonderful and perfect their family is and how glorious they feel about being part of the only true church.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: April 13, 2015 03:55AM

Kim Jong-un would be so jealous.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.