Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ness ( )
Date: April 15, 2015 11:59PM

Today is Emma Watson's birthday, so I post an article on her, and said "Happy Birthday Emma." My tbm sister (don't really speak to each other much) replies "Wow, she got more of a birthday wish than I did!" I told her I told her happy birthday, but she said that Emma got a whole article about her, and now she knows I care more about Emma Watson than I do about her.

After a few more messages along these lines, I tell her she's acting ridiculous, so tells me I never care about how she feels, so she thought she could joke with me...wth? Act all butthurt and complaining over an article and claim I don't like her then when I get upset "Oh, it's just a joke...." She let this go on for a while before she said it was "a joke." Apparently if I'm going to post a "huge" thing about Emma Watson, I better be ok with some "teasing." Yeah, I have a huge lesbian love affair with Emma Watson because I posted Happy Birthday. Do you know how much LDS shit she posts? Talk about a making a "huge" deal out of some thing.

Yay, more fuel to the "Ness is a crazy ex-mormon fire." Look at how she reacted to this "joke."

We do not have a joking relationship at all, and she herself takes things very personally. Whenever she takes the effort to talk to me, it's to chew me out about church crap or to "defend the church" which usually means turns into insults about me. I probably am over reacting about this, but I'm just tired of having to defend myself over every stupid thing, and not like I have any where else to vent =/
Sorry for the petty rant.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: imaworkinonit ( )
Date: April 16, 2015 01:35AM

Sometimes I just don't respond to some people who have a tendency to preach to me or say annoying things. They can wonder if I got their message or not.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2015 01:40AM by imaworkinonit.

Posted by: imaworkinonit ( )
Date: April 16, 2015 01:43AM

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: April 16, 2015 01:47AM

I don't mean to be trite, but do not feel so bad. That response from your sister is VERY VERY CIVILIZED compared the insulting disparaging garbage that my TBM family feels completely entitled to say to me.

Date: April 16, 2015 10:25AM

Yeah, I know it's not the worst thing some one could say, and it's not the worst thing she's ever done or said. Especially since she's accused me of not caring about her or the family so how am I supposed to know it was a joke... which it wasn't a joke until I had to show her I told her happy birthday because she "forgot"

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: April 16, 2015 01:49AM

You think that's bad, I don't even know who Emma Watson is.

I googled it because I have a friend with the same name but is from the "IBM Watson". I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something I should know about.

Good thing i'm not your mom, I would have really missed the boat.

Posted by: ASteve ( )
Date: April 16, 2015 02:02PM

You don't know who Emma Watson is?

Reddikulus!

Posted by: WinksWinks ( )
Date: April 16, 2015 09:48AM

Time to set your custom status to show to "friends except: sister".
Best thing to do with people who think they can have a laugh at your expense.
Or blocking, "What? I closed my FB account."

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: April 16, 2015 09:58AM

with especially my older sister. It was always my job to keep her in control. I didn't realize this until I was older. Some years ago, we had a falling out because of $2000 damage her husband did to my house while trying to help out. I had to get money from my parents to get it fixed as I was a broke single mother. I was never going to tell her about it, but my younger sister took it upon herself to tell her. Things have never been the same.

I now speak to her sparingly and very carefully. I was off fb for months and now I browse it now and then, but I NEVER post. My sisters were using it as a way to jerk my chain.

I never know what will set my sister off. I can say something completely benign and she finds something wrong with what I said. If I send her an e-mail, I have little panic attacks. My little sister is the same. I have them both blocked on e-mail and only communicate when absolutely necessary.

I find it really sad because I do miss them, but they were causing just way too much drama in my life.

This is one of the things she did. I left my little sister's Christmas gift with a card and money for her son at my parents' house (they have passed away, but a brother lives there). I had left her gift at her son's house. She was worried my gift to my younger sister was better than her's, so she opened it. Didn't put it back in the box, threw the bag with card and money in the trash. I luckily found it before the cash was gone for good. (My sister is 59.)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2015 10:01AM by cl2.

Posted by: Riverman ( )
Date: April 16, 2015 10:07AM

Don't let one jerk ruin your day, it's not worth it.

I know it's your sister, but if she is a jerk - move on.

I don't really know how facebook works, but if all you get is negativity and church crap, block her from your account.

I try to cut all negative people out of my life. Life is too short.

Date: April 16, 2015 10:26AM

I have been considering blocking/removing her for a few months. I just had a hard time because I like to see what my nieces/nephews are up to, but I guess it's not worth it any more

Posted by: tig ( )
Date: April 16, 2015 10:29AM

Say it with me...

Not my circus, not my monkeys.

Posted by: Once More ( )
Date: April 16, 2015 12:03PM

Sounds like your sister has such low self-esteem that no matter what you say or write, she will take it as confirmation that she is worthless, or worth less.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.