Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: April 16, 2015 07:09PM

To assist us all in recovering from Moronism, I think everyone should be allowed to get into everyone's temple drawers (metaphorically speaking), by being given the go-ahead here to demand to know everyone's new name.secret temple name.

In fact, I think that everyone's new name temple name should be required for registration on this board and, moreover, that everyone's new name/secret temple name be publicly revealed in a sticky that is placed at the top of both RfM's forum and main pages.

This will help us all get over the silly "sacred-and-secret" mantra that Mormons are brainwashed with.

Think of it as being part of our recovery process. :)

(P.S.--I was also thinking that our new name/secret temple names should be our required board handles, but then I realized that wouldn't work since, as many of us already know, Mormons often get the same new name/secret secret name," as a group, when they go through the temple for their own endowment. Mine, for instance, was "Ezekiel." How many other "Ezekiels" or "Elizabeths" or "Freds" or "Ethels" are there who also got the same new name/secret temple name as other Mormons? We'd never be able to tell each other apart. Damn).

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2015 07:20PM by steve benson.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: cricket ( )
Date: April 16, 2015 07:13PM

Posted by: Eric K ( )
Date: April 16, 2015 08:47PM

Mine was Timothy as well. Timothy is a name in 3rd Nephi if I remember right. I wonder if apologists can create a reason such a name was among the nephites. Strange stuff we used to believe.

Posted by: moose ( )
Date: April 16, 2015 07:18PM

Received February 2, 1974.

Date: April 16, 2015 07:32PM

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: April 16, 2015 07:19PM

Fine and well for you, you elitist pig.

What about the unendowed masses here who have no holy handle with which to do battle with someone named oh say . . Ezekiel?

Well huh? :o)

Date: April 16, 2015 07:23PM

Date: April 16, 2015 07:25PM

"Elitist Pig," but it was revoked by my grandfather who said that it was his new name/temple name. He said that it was also the new name/temple name of all the presidents of the Mormon Church and the rest of the General Authorities, as well as the new name/temple name for Elohim, Jehovah, Adam and Lucifer.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2015 07:43PM by steve benson.

Date: April 16, 2015 07:26PM

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: April 16, 2015 08:07PM

Shummy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Fine and well for you, you elitist pig.
>
> What about the unendowed masses here who have no
> holy handle with which to do battle with someone
> named oh say . . Ezekiel?
>
> Well huh? :o)

Just MAKE ONE UP !!!! It would be EVERY BIT as valid as the caca that LD$ Inc and their MORmONISM comes up with and passes off of the workings of (MORmON) god.

Are you still feeling left out??? Just draw your thumb across your throat in a quick motion and then let your hand fall to your side as if you were dead. That is the self administer pre 1990 death penalty, at least one of them. Dress up in some white sheets to make it feel more legit, you feel the need. I would lend you my temple clothes, but my TBM family found where I had them stashed and confiscated them.

If you need to be sexually molested as per the MORmON temple washing and anointing ordinance, then you are on your own for that count ( who knows maybe David Bednar would help you out) . Besides that, you have been offered all kinds of assistance to upgrade your personal experience to the same level as a genuine MORmON one. Do not you feel better, like a real MORmON, now ?
Yah, that is how I felt after going through the MORmON tempHOLE.

Posted by: Void K. Packer ( )
Date: April 16, 2015 10:10PM

You can have mine for free, shumster: Moroni.

[Edit note: Received 19 +/- a day, Jul 1978 in the Provo temple. Also, that's *Captain Moroni" to you. 8^P ]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2015 10:14PM by Void K. Packer.

Posted by: ozcrone ( )
Date: April 16, 2015 07:20PM

I never got one so I feel ...marginalized

Posted by: shum ( )
Date: April 16, 2015 07:38PM

My "New Name was Seth" and I got this brilliant name in 1973. I wonder how many thousands of other temple goers got the same name. And if they do have my new name (I would have preferred Bugs Bunny) how is Peter at the gate going to differentiate? This religion is so bizarre. If folks would take a step back and look at the "FACTS" and get over the "Feelings" then Mormonism would die a slow death. But not to be. Alas and Woe is me! Where is B.H Roberts when you need him. HE KNEW!!!!

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: April 16, 2015 07:41PM

No I didn't reproduce an Isaac or Jacob...

Posted by: cupcakelicker ( )
Date: April 16, 2015 07:54PM

A requirement that our handles rhyme with our temple names would be fun. Good luck with Ezekiel.

I'd change my own, but the admins would get annoyed and ban me. Oh, "ban" rhymes.

Posted by: superman4691 ( )
Date: April 16, 2015 07:54PM

I was kinda disappointed with my new name. I was hoping for a sexy cool name like, Samson, Hercules or Thor, but instead got named after a sandwich,.. Rueben.

Date: April 16, 2015 07:57PM

Apparently, "Samson" is a sandwich at Delilah's Steaks in NYC.

Posted by: Texas Sue ( )
Date: April 16, 2015 07:55PM

New name was Abish. At the time I liked it since she was one of the few women in the BoM. It was so gratifying when my husband revealed his new name to me :)

Posted by: iris ( )
Date: April 16, 2015 08:07PM

My temple name is Charlotte received on Feb. 15, 1975, two weeks prior to entering the Mission Home. I immediately thought of the move, Hush...Hush, Sweet Charlotte, a thriller with Better Davis.

Posted by: holycarp ( )
Date: April 16, 2015 10:03PM

Mine was also Charlotte, 1991 Los Angeles temple

Date: April 16, 2015 08:12PM

steve benson Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> To assist us all in recovering from Moronism, I
> think everyone should be allowed to get into
> everyone's temple drawers (metaphorically
> speaking), by being given the go-ahead here to
> demand to know everyone's new name / secret temple
> name.

Ewwww...... way too close to what happened in the MORmON temple with that washing and anointing thing.

Posted by: subeamnotlogedin ( )
Date: April 16, 2015 08:20PM

Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: April 16, 2015 08:51PM

My name was Daniel, issued August 1968, about a week before I left on my mission. I was sincerely scared that I would forget it so I used to think of Daniel in the Lions Den.

I knew my ex-wife's name but I'd have to look inside my triple combination since I wrote it there---and I don't want to even go there :)

Date: April 16, 2015 09:05PM

Well that's mighty kind of you but I can't wait to get my new name so I went to the temple name generator.....

http://rumandmonkey.com/widgets/toys/mormon/

You guys are gonna be jealous but here's my very own and most unique new name......

...Bretile Hummingbird.

Posted by: Zelpha ( )
Date: April 16, 2015 09:09PM

I was an Elizabeth. But I could swear that the lady spelled it out, and it had an "s" instead of a "z." But there is no record of Elisabeth as any of the temple names.

Date: April 16, 2015 09:24PM

well when a person is dealing with MORmONS who can not tell the difference between a PERVERT and a prophet, accurate spelling may be a huge luxury

Date: April 16, 2015 09:24PM

You'd better get it figured out before you meet Horny Joe at the pearly gates and he asks you to spell it. 50% chance of being condemned to... where do you go if you forget your code name?

Posted by: Ex-Sister Sinful Shoulders ( )
Date: April 16, 2015 09:26PM

Yipes. While at the International House of Handshakes, did you guys ever wonder if you were at Alfalfa and Spanky's club house?

Posted by: imaworkinonit ( )
Date: April 16, 2015 09:28PM

Eve. Apparently I'm the mother of all living. I wondered if all the women got that name so they could relate to Adam and Eve in the film. Later, I heard that if the new name was the same as your given name, then you were given the name Eve.

Posted by: goojabee ( )
Date: April 16, 2015 09:38PM

A deep voice behind the curtain said: I am your father Luke.

Posted by: dydimus ( )
Date: April 16, 2015 10:08PM

Date: April 16, 2015 10:13PM

No way. You serious?

Wonder if Nephi or Mormon were also names in the hat?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.