Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: April 17, 2015 05:48PM

I have moved from California to Washington and and helping with a new baby in the family. Am enjoying the slower pace of life, spending time with friends in senior apartments.

I try to let other people answer and share their more recent experiences because that's important for recovery. Even people who's children have been murdered try to establish a new law or a fund in their name to provide services. I firmly believe that we former Mormons terrify Mormons because we see right through the superficial happy-happy, so-happy bullsh*t and they don't have another card to play other than "you-are-under-the-control-of-Stan."

More importantly, we provide the safe haven, the loving arms that repudiate every denigration that comes from the rostrum regarding apostates.

It took a long time for me to heal and an even longer time to move past my own personal regrets for the terrible decision I made to let the Mormons "help" me raise my four boys.

When I was Mormon I thought I would be regarded in my old age like a pioneer, you know, the first Mormon in our family. In a stroke of irony, rather than losing their respect when I backpedaled (which was my fear), I now have heroine status as having left the cult and "healed myself" back to a normal human being.

Well, I didn't do it alone. It was RfM and other apostates who supported me, laughed at my wisecracks, asked for advice and made me feel valuable again.

I am not leaving RfM (ever) but just stepping back to allow others to heal by finding that their nightmare experiences are valuable to others who are just pulling the suckers off their chests and gasping like Neo being "born again."

Forever grateful to RfM

Kathleen

PS. anybody who needs/wants a quick reply can email me directly at my logon at gmail.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Riverman ( )
Date: April 17, 2015 06:27PM

Glad to hear your life is going great!

Please keep in touch with us here. Your posts are always the first ones I read. You have offered some of the most insightful advice on RfM. I mean that. If it is a post that someone is looking for advice, I will always scroll down to see if you had posted yet so I could read your advice. You say things better than I ever could.

I don't think you know how many lives you have touched here. I am sure others will second this.

Thanks for being you.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: April 17, 2015 06:32PM

Posted by: moose ( )
Date: April 17, 2015 06:28PM

Glad to hear from you. Best wishes!

Posted by: shannon ( )
Date: April 17, 2015 06:53PM

Thank you for the thoughtful post. Good luck in all grandmotherly adventures in Washington. I bet you and your "senior" friends at the apartments are a hoot. Have fun!

;o)

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: April 17, 2015 06:53PM

> I don't think you know how many lives you have touched here. I am sure others will second this.

Seconded and thirded!

You're a peach Kathleen.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: April 17, 2015 06:59PM

And when the local produce comes in you just might lose your mind! Welcome to Berry Heaven!

Posted by: fluhist ( )
Date: April 17, 2015 07:09PM

Amen and Amen. SO happy to hear things are going well for you love!!!

I too am moving to an 'oldies' complex. This Tuesday is the big day. I am very excited!!

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: April 17, 2015 07:14PM

Don't forget that the advice that you give on this board is invaluable. But I'm glad that you are having some new adventures. :)

Posted by: AnotherNoMo ( )
Date: April 17, 2015 08:24PM

SO SO SO glad you posted your update. I've been very worried.
And yes, I LOOK for your responses to difficult personal situations. Have followed this forum for about five years. Don't stop, you still need to jump in with your great doses of concentrated wisdoms. Thanks so much.

Posted by: icanseethelight ( )
Date: April 17, 2015 08:27PM

Mt Rainer cherries. So good. Enjoy Washington.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: April 17, 2015 08:56PM

Peace and good tidings to you.

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: April 17, 2015 09:46PM

Love you, dear friend. Will write soon.

Posted by: Heathen ( )
Date: April 17, 2015 10:27PM

What part of Washington? I've lived here most of my life - its a great place.

Posted by: Ex-Sister Sinful Shoulders ( )
Date: April 17, 2015 10:42PM

Enjoy your retirement! Have some wonderful new adventures =) Be very proud that you have made integrity and peace of mind a priority in your life.

RfM needs many perspectives. What resonates with one person will be less useful to another... Thank you for your contribution and insight. =)

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: April 17, 2015 10:45PM

you are slacking

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.