Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: The Motrix ( )
Date: April 03, 2011 01:31PM

Bednar really creeps me out. Does he come across as a total tool to anyone else?
Any personal stories?
BTW, GC is more fun to watch as an ex-mo.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: TheExorcist ( )
Date: April 03, 2011 01:38PM

Doesn't GA = tool?

Posted by: anonski22 ( )
Date: April 03, 2011 01:54PM

Bednar is the heir to Packer's 'most soul-less,inhuman, hard liner, GA' legacy.

As bad as Bednar is, his wife may be worse.

She is a total nightmare.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: April 03, 2011 02:10PM

Like Monson, he was made an apostle rather young, so unless he dies unexpectedly, he will amass the most seniority and inherit the throne.

So maybe his knowledge of this has amplified his dickishness.

Posted by: tensolator ( )
Date: April 03, 2011 02:23PM

Yes he does. My wife, who is still a co-dependent devotee of all things Mormon, calls him plastic man. He looks as though he has been molded. When he left the high school in Rexburg (BYU-I) apparently the staff was extatic. He was apparently a prick to work for.

Posted by: duffy ( )
Date: April 03, 2011 03:07PM

That scared me! I cannot imagine that he's human. I've seen much more lifelike people in the wax museum.

Posted by: student ( )
Date: April 03, 2011 03:30PM

Posted by: Major Bidamon ( )
Date: April 03, 2011 10:28PM

he looks like a Terminator.

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: April 03, 2011 10:14PM

He does look like a wax creation. Creepy for sure.

Posted by: mysticma ( )
Date: April 03, 2011 03:16PM

I've seen dead bodies that look more alive. And I worked in a city morgue for five years.

Posted by: Skunk Puppet ( )
Date: April 03, 2011 05:30PM

are stuck way too far up his backside.

Alternatively, he looks like he just sucked a big, fat, sour pickle.

Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: April 03, 2011 10:12PM

He looks like all the real good stuff has been sucked out. He looks like a real damn Morgbot and so kissing ass and he is a monster!

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: April 03, 2011 03:10PM

Bednar's got Ken Jennings Hair!

Posted by: Johnny Canuck ( )
Date: April 03, 2011 03:23PM

Creepy looking to put it mildly. Looks like a Nazi.

Posted by: BarrioPiedrabuena ( )
Date: April 03, 2011 03:23PM

I actually do have an experience with Bednar! A couple of years ago he was giving a YSA fireside in Knoxville, TN. I carpooled out there with a couple of friends from Nashville. I heard it was to be a Q&A session and I was excited. Six months earlier I was in the Nashville temple and a temple worker told me that unmarried women couldn't be veil workers. Being a single endowed sister myself I was disturbed - I felt like I was just as 'endowed' as anyone else. I decided I was going to ask Bednar why single sisters couldn't be veil workers. I was very TBM so the question wasn't meanspirited - I honestly wanted to know and had been unable to attend the temple because that question bothered me.

A couple of questions into the fireside (after some softballs like, "What should I do to prepare for my mission", etc...) I had the mike and I asked my question. He was angry with me and retorted "I know the answer to that one, but you're going to have to put that question on the 'shelf'" I was speechless for a minute. An 'apostle' of the Lord couldn't give me a straight answer to a simple question. I ran out of the fireside crying. I was outside crying for the rest of the fireside. I knew something had happened to me that night. That was the turning point for me losing my testimony. That night my 'shelf' crashed from the weight of too many questions.

Anyway, that's the reason I think Bednar is a dick! He probably gave that talk about how we shouldn't be offended because he has a tendency to offend people!

Posted by: Anon455 ( )
Date: April 03, 2011 03:27PM

I was a temple supervisor for several years and an ordinance worker for 8 years. In 3 different temples. I am single. I worked at the veil every day at each of those temples.

I don't know what kind of gibberish was going on at that temple, but something odd was. Single women work at the veil, in the initiatory and in sessions every single day and have full authority to do so.

Posted by: Anon455 ( )
Date: April 03, 2011 05:45PM

I understand what you are saying....

Let's just say that within the Mormon context, single sisters have full authority to perform those ordinances and officiate for the sisters at the veil.

Whether these actions have any cosmic effect, or are wasted time, is another matter.

Posted by: The Man in Black ( )
Date: April 03, 2011 03:50PM

I had the select opportunity of having this plastic-haired man as a professor at BYU-I.

Class was similar to hitler youth camp and almost as racist. This guy once literally chewed out a student for not shining his shoes. Guess what Bedrat? The guy was poor. Really poor.

If Christ himself had attended Bedbug's class Bedrash would have chastised him for his appearance.

Bednar would not remember me, but I remember him and how terrifying his class was.

My favorite memoy of Bedsore is when he and his wife (of the West) got in a public argument in the Manwaring Center. I thought he was going to hit her. She looked as if she might cut off his dick in his sleep.

I'm pretty sure she didn't because the man is still a total dick.

L.T. Commander Data has more humanity, more likeability, and more real hair than Bednar does.

Posted by: anon123 ( )
Date: April 03, 2011 04:46PM

They all seem creepy to me. I used to listen to these guys??

Posted by: Leah ( )
Date: April 03, 2011 05:03PM

Picture him wearing a brown shirt and an armband. Enough said.

He seems like the penultimate apple polishing, ass kissing nazi political climber.
The same goes for his fanatical wife.

Joseph Goebbels and his wife Magda redux.

Posted by: Confused ( )
Date: April 03, 2011 09:47PM

Why would Bednar be the "next to last" (penultimate) Nazi? Who is the ultimate Nazi? What are you trying to say? Do you understand the meaning of words you use?

Posted by: OnceMore ( )
Date: April 03, 2011 05:14PM

Bednar looks like the chief psychopath in a David Lynch film.

There's a certain deadness around the eyes, not to mention the waxy skin.

I wonder if near constant cognitive dissonance destroys most of the Geriatric Authorities.

Posted by: munchybotaz ( )
Date: April 03, 2011 05:32PM

I'd have a hard time deciding which one is the next creepiest after Monson.

Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: April 03, 2011 10:14PM

I'd definitely say Bednar.

Posted by: think4u ( )
Date: April 03, 2011 05:32PM

He seems very rather frightening to me. I think he is a Nazi youth organizer in his spare time.

Posted by: The Motrix ( )
Date: April 03, 2011 08:07PM

Think4u, I agree that he looks like a Nazi.

The funny thing is that these guys think the world is crazy about them -- how they groom, how they talk, etc. That's why they're always saying look, think, and act like us.

They are actually pretty clueless about what the "world" really thinks about them.

Posted by: possiblypagan ( )
Date: April 03, 2011 09:08PM

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: April 04, 2011 03:24AM

When people smile with their mouths but there is no warmth in their eyes, it REALLY creeps me out.

He could be a poster boy for this syndrome.

Posted by: foreverhuman ( )
Date: April 03, 2011 10:17PM

I met him a couple times as a student at his university, and while still plastic-looking, he wasn't nearly that waxy! I think a lot of the waxy look that the GAs have is a result of the makeup that they wear during conference. Like a good politician, these guys need to make themselves look more than human (for better or worse) in order to perpetuate the idea that they are something else. In this case they want to be seen as the errand boys for god. Why are they so afraid to let people see that they get old and wrinkled just like the rest of us? Would it diminish the "value" of their message? It all seems so vain and superficial.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2011 10:19PM by foreverhuman.

Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: April 04, 2011 04:11AM

Did anybody else hear what Dave Bednar said in conference yesterday? He said (in a rather disingenuous way) that in fact he has never received a real answer to his prayers for confirmation that the BoM/church is true. This from a man who claims the privilege of being a special witness to all the world of Jesus Christ and His vehicle for promulgating His message, namely the LDS church. Does anybody else out there think this is kind of odd?

Posted by: Quoth the Raven Nevermo ( )
Date: April 04, 2011 04:32AM

He one scary dude! Jeezuz Christ on a leaking raft he looks like one of the walking dead. Plus he has funky ears. He has seriously attached ear lobes that look like growths. Demonic growths to be precise. And the tops of his ears look pointed. He needs to be shaved and strip searched because he carries the mark of the beast. Somewhere on him in a 666.

And I agree completely about him being the penultimate Basically. The ultimate Nazi was Hitler. Duh.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.