Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: April 19, 2015 11:13PM

How can any sane, healthy person find this reasonable?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: April 19, 2015 11:24PM

What choice do the animals have?

Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: April 20, 2015 07:04PM

Posted by: Dorothy ( )
Date: April 19, 2015 11:30PM

What part of consenting adult is so hard? This is animal abuse.

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: April 19, 2015 11:36PM

Dorothy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What part of consenting adult is so hard? This is
> animal abuse.

Agreed...it certainly is animal abuse.

:(

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: April 19, 2015 11:35PM

I remember when I lived in Germany in 1977-79 I used to drive to a city called Kaiserslautern on supply runs. We called it K-Town. There was a wooded area just before you got into town along the autobahn. Hookers were standing among the trees in the densely forested outskirts. They had mattresses on the ground for drive up quickies. I never indulged, and not because of morals. The scene freaked me out a little, perhaps due to my paranoid upbringing. Every dirty mattress looked like a bed of disease to me, and I had no desire to rut in it. Plus, I'd never bumped uglies with a female of the opposite sex. Boys yes, but not voluntarily.

There's always more to tell.

Posted by: Pickles ( )
Date: April 20, 2015 12:48PM

You will find that outside of any military installation, especially outside of the US. Grosses me out.

Posted by: anon this time ( )
Date: April 19, 2015 11:38PM

Posted by: Emmabiteback ( )
Date: April 19, 2015 11:53PM

Pretty disgusting, but nothing surprises me anymore. These people were obviously never taught to respect their own self first..sad society can slip so foul..

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: April 20, 2015 12:19AM

As others have mentioned, it's all about legal consent. An animal obviously never can give consent. So it will always be wrong.

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: April 20, 2015 08:11AM

She highlighted one case where a farmer in the Gross-Gerau region of southwest Germany, noticed his once friendly flock of sheep were beginning to shy away from human contact.

So he rigged a CCTV camera in the rafters of his barn to discover multiple men sneaking in during the night to sexually abuse his beloved livestock.

Posted by: Human ( )
Date: April 20, 2015 11:43AM

Jesus fuckin' Christ, Shummy. Seriously. Jesus.

We have a long way to go in recognizing our fellow creatures as conscious autonomous beings with inner experiences of their own. There's a hell of a lot of karma to be worked out here, given our mass-torturing 19th-21st human centuries.

(and yes, goddamnit, as you asked elsewhere, my flowers are my soul sisters, definitely!)

Human, admiring the ethical courage of the Vegans

Posted by: seekyr ( )
Date: April 21, 2015 08:31AM

Sheeple.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: April 20, 2015 11:35AM

Masturbation harms no one and no thing.
That's not the case here, sadly :(

Date: April 20, 2015 12:49PM

Who is this jesusfuckinchrist you speak of?

You mean the one who said suffer the little children?

He cast out demons from humans who then took up residence in animals as I remember.

Let us all be grateful that you Human, and all humans have a certain say in the expression of our sexuality.

How we apply it is the true measure of our Humanity.

Date: April 20, 2015 01:04PM

Shummy Wrote:
> Who is this jesusfuckinchrist you speak of?
>
> You mean the one who said suffer the little
> children?
>
> He cast out demons from humans who then took up
> residence in animals as I remember.

Damnit, right. Asshole!

And if this jesusfuckinchrist is the son of or the same as the god in Genesis, the god who said:

"And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

"So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

"And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth."

Then fuck him!

No matter how secular we grow we seem to still believe in this "dominion" in this "subdue" in this "blessing" in this ourselves in the likeness to the image of God; in our superiority and therefore our "right" to do whatever we fuckin' well please to this green and blue living earth and to the life that depends upon it.

We are true and deeply a self-loathing creature.

Human, wondering ever again in the Spring-time at what man has made of man...

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: April 20, 2015 04:18PM

I was always taught dominion didn't mean you had the right to do whatever you wanted to someone you were "stronger" than - but that you had the responsibility to protect them. If you read it that way, it's the absolute responsibility of every human to protect and cherish animals and see that they aren't harmed.

Date: April 20, 2015 05:22PM

CA girl Wrote:
> I was always taught dominion didn't mean you...

> If you read it
> that way, it's the absolute responsibility of
> every human to protect and cherish animals and see
> that they aren't harmed.

I've seen it read that way, that "dominion" is akin to husbandry, taking care of, etc.

But in the KJV there's that other word, "subdue". Many take this to mean that earth and everything on it in it and flying above it is there to be "subdued" for our own needs. Creation is there as a means to our own ends, and in God's image our ends are divine. Etc. As a boy, for example, everything was about 'exercising my will' over other animals, a dog a goat a cow a horse and so on. (Cats were exempt, of course.)

What does this mean in relation to the horrid brain studies on rhesus monkeys?

It would be wonderful if more of christianity taught that dominion means caring for, tending to, husbandry etc, if only so that christianity could act as a voice contra the secular abuses of animals and the earth in the name of, ultimately, rationality. It's sorely needed.

Pope Francis, given his gentle name-sake, could lead this charge. Maybe he will (since the Dali Lama seems kind of senile lately).

Anyway, cheers to you CA girl. I always look for your posts.

Human

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: April 20, 2015 06:46PM

I agree with your post.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2015 06:47PM by summer.

Date: April 20, 2015 01:49PM

With you all the way my man.

Methinks we have lost our true sense of wonder.

Our emotions reside inside a techno personna bubble that is now mistaken for who we really are.

Dunno why but I've posted other threads dealing with our dark side...... humans eating humans...plants eating animals....dark seeking light.

namaste

Posted by: iplayedjoe ( )
Date: April 20, 2015 07:03PM

I knew the gay thing was a slippery slope!

Posted by: straightoutacumorah ( )
Date: April 20, 2015 10:09PM

I have read stories about Dolphins raping humans, Ostriches too for that matter. Animals rape each other all the time, even cross species rape. Some species (besides humans) kill for sport. Only humans try to tie morality to the universe. Ask the lion how bad it feels about tearing a baby deer to shreds as it shrieks in pain. The truth is the tiger doesn't give a f*ck.

Having sex with an animal is certainly disgusting (to me as a human) and probably dangerous from a disease standpoint but I wonder if the animals are actually being harmed by having sexual contact with a human just because it doesn't "consent" the way a human does? The problem with sexual abuse of a human is the psychological damage done to the abused person. Does a dog suffer psychologically by getting jerked off by a human? Given how often I have had my leg aggressively humped by dogs, I am not sure they feel the same about inappropriate sexual contact as I do.

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: April 20, 2015 10:59PM

Adopted a dog that had been sexually abused by his previous owner. She told me the dog had some serious behavioural issues and she really had to work with him to get him to trust people again.

A lot of times, in these brothels, the animals legs are broken for easier "access." Constant intercourse for any creature is cruel and leads to chronic pain and other injuries. Even gentle, "vanilla" sex can cause abrasions and injury, so what do you think happens to animal that's raped multiple times a day? Have you heard of the orangutan that was raped daily in one of these animal brothels? http://orangutan.or.id/ponys-new-life-2/

When it comes down to it, an animal cannot consent to sexual acts with people, so yes, every time a person engages in sexual contact with an animal it's abuse and/or rape.

Posted by: iamanevermormon ( )
Date: April 21, 2015 12:10AM

Animals can't consent. That simple. This place should be shut down.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2015 12:10AM by iamanevermormon.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: April 21, 2015 12:42AM

this whole thread is pretty disgusting.

Posted by: deco ( )
Date: April 21, 2015 12:44AM

Perhaps the animals should dress more with modesty in mind.

They may be showing too much withers.

Posted by: beyondashadow ( )
Date: April 21, 2015 01:21AM

Posted by: beyondashadow ( )
Date: April 21, 2015 01:30AM

... (who can barely walk) like to keep a few calves in the barn (to provide beef for the family, of course).

Just take a look at these calf feeder buckets and calculate how many milliseconds it would take even the dumbest farmer to figure it out.

https://www.google.com/search?q=calf+feeder+bucket+with+nipple&newwindow=1&espv=2&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=ft81VeDIIIzUoATRzoDQCw&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1842&bih=951

Gives new meaning to the question, "What's on your Bucket List?"

Posted by: torturednevermo ( )
Date: April 21, 2015 01:09AM

Having sex with a defenseless animal is a pretty demented thing to do.

But how about some of the more accepted things we do to animals.

https://www.dosomething.org/facts/11-facts-about-circus-animal-abuse

http://listverse.com/2013/11/27/10-facts-about-zoos/

And then there’s the meat processing industry. I’m not against eating animals, but I do think the standards for mass processing them could be seriously retooled to take out some of the unnecessary cruelty and suffering that happens when they try to maximize the bottom line.

Mind you, sometimes humans don’t treat each other any better either, do they.

:(

Date: April 21, 2015 08:07AM

And the precedent begins!

http://www.nonhumanrightsproject.org/2015/04/20/judge-recognizes-two-chimpanzees-as-legal-persons-grants-them-writ-of-habeas-corpus/

First Time in World History Judge Recognizes Two Chimpanzees as Legal Persons, Grants them Writ of Habeas Corpus
April 20, 2015 – New York, NY – For the first time in history a judge has granted an order to show cause and writ of habeas corpus on behalf of a nonhuman animal. This afternoon, in a case brought by the Nonhuman Rights Project (NhRP), Manhattan Supreme Court Justice Barbara Jaffe issued an order to show cause and writ of habeas corpus on behalf of two chimpanzees, Hercules and Leo, who are being used for biomedical experimentation at Stony Brook University on Long Island, New York.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.