Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: August 06, 2019 02:26PM

I know dead Gramps doesn't speak for the church but they haven't shut him down. The site looks upgraded. I wonder how many hits it gets?

At any rate I believe the Mormon dead are speaking for the Mormon living in this statement.

"However, we must admit that the current direction of society is to consider sexual deviations as normal, acceptable behavior, on the premise that such inclinations are genetic in nature and thus part of the normal way that a person is. Although there may in some cases be a genetic tendency toward such behavior, it is by a very large majority an acquired inclination. For instance, back in the 1980s a certain clinic in New York had about an 85% cure rate for homosexuals."
https://askgramps.org/my-little-daughter-feels-like-shes-a-boy-is-this-some/

The nice thing about this statement is it does what no Mormon leader would do - clarify something well.

I believe that Mormon leaders would consider furries, adult babies, clowns, whatever as sexual deviations. They just know to keep their mouths shut more because of "the current direction of society."

It is my hypothesis that the reason the Mormon Church hasn't addressed transgendered people is the same reason they will never release a statement, clarify their doctrine, or do much of anything else around furries, adult babies, or clowns fetishes.

They believe 85% of people claiming to be transgendered OR homosexual have no genetic reason to do so. I believe that like Gramps the Mormon leaders have acknowledged a 15% possibility they are wrong in judging what they consider sexually deviant (and homosexuality is one of these things to them.) But it is all about numbers for them. What is the hermaphrodites percentage? They don't care. As long as the minority is a minority they can ignore, they will continue to do so. They are only "dealing" with homosexuality because it is "the current direction of society." They would have happily continued to ignore it. And I don't see this changing in their future. All they care about is the 10 percent of the majority whatever it may be.

They will throw a bone to a select "sexually deviant" minority like homosexuality because it has become like racism in the 70s became too hard to continue to ignore.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: August 06, 2019 05:02PM

If Mormon leaders didn’t make much ado about nothing, they’d be out of a job.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.