Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: blankstare ( )
Date: April 21, 2015 09:55PM

Having a fun night reading. If someone finds these helpful, then thats a bonus. For those who dont like these articles, you must be sinning, not attending the temple, or not praying enough. ;-)

http://www.whale.to/b/authoritarian_followers.html

Some quotes I liked:

"Probably about 20 to 25 percent of the adult American population is so right-wing authoritarian, so scared, so self-righteous, so ill-informed, and so dogmatic that nothing you can say or do will change their minds."

(This because i had a FB discussion with a guy who thinks Rush Limbaugh knows the real cause of the drought in CA and it's the evil environmentalists fault. The dude responded that animals have no rights. "Its humans first. Always". To which i responded that if he were on Easter Island when there was but one tree left, he would have chopped it down. What does this have to do with TSCC? Dude was Mormon and I know a heap of them that think just like this.)

"When bad news spills out about things that high RWAs support, they want to be told it isn't true. So some governments have gotten used to issuing "non-denial denials" and flimsy counter-arguments, because that's all it takes and it's so effortless. If a well-researched paper by a prestigious scientific body concludes that human activity is seriously increasing the amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere, culprit governments will say "the evidence is incomplete" and they will find someone, somewhere, with some sort of credentials, who will dismiss a great number of studies with a wave of the hand and give them the sound-bite they want."

(Sounds like Mormons and their apologists and leaders. Dead ringer.)

Thats enough. Lots more in this, but then youd have no reason to read the article.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: torturednevermo ( )
Date: April 21, 2015 10:39PM

Thanks for the link. Interesting read. I also liked reading the link to the 'four stages of spiritual growth.' That had some interesting thoughts in it as well. Thanks for the post.

(Quackbusters ... LOL !)

Posted by: blankstare ( )
Date: April 21, 2015 11:50PM

Youre welcome and thanks for pointing out the other. Interesting as well.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.