Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: James Faust ( )
Date: April 22, 2015 08:59AM

Do many mormon you people know think the 1995 Procolmation on then Family think that it came straight out of the inspired wisdom of the then 1995 1rst presidency as a revelation directly from god?

The statement was invented by mormon lawyers challenging the gay marriage laws in Hawai.Otherwise the 1 presidency would have never thought of the statement.It was like the 1890 plural amrriage manifesto.It was drafted by non mormon lawyers and interpreted as a direct godly revelation telling his prophet to stop plural marriages.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: April 22, 2015 09:25AM

I see this proclamation framed hanging next to a the marriage temple in a TBM family home and I want to ask the very question that you brought up. I do believe that they know or think they know that this statement was sent from the mormon god himself (not herself).

I also want to ask them, Hey, do you get a discount on your tithing from having both the proclamation and temple hanging on your front room walls? Yeah, right.

Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: April 22, 2015 10:31AM

1. It is hanging in most TBM homes.
2. Part of the simple proof it is not "inspired" is the absolute reference to Adam and Eve and the garden as being literal. To be a Mormon one must reject science. The Proclamation, based on false understanding of scriptures, eliminates anything coming from it as worthy of even discussion.

Posted by: crathes ( )
Date: April 22, 2015 10:55AM

My wife had it hanging in the foyer of our home. We remodeled, and replaced it with a lovely painting of aspen trees. Much better!

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: April 22, 2015 11:09AM

Dateline, Salt Lake City, 2035: "The Family: A Proclamation to the World, was a product of its time, and as such reflected the attitudes of a very small segment of LDS leaders. It was not a revelation of God, and the Church has never asked members to only consider marriage between one man and one woman; the Divine Plan of Happiness is open to all regardless of marital status, sexual orientation, or the number of marital partners one wishes to have. The Church has always taught this."

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: April 22, 2015 11:29AM

well done CNB

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: April 22, 2015 12:23PM

nah, it's more of a mission statement used to clarify the position of the LDS Church on their beliefs about the family.

Posted by: dimmesdale ( )
Date: April 22, 2015 01:39PM

even when I was still going to church.

I also refused to collect money for the statues in Nauvoo when I was in the RS presidency. It was all supposed to be financed by the Relief Societies to show that the women supported the church.

That really riled me, and I refused to make the announcement or collect any money.

So, I guess I was a bit of a rebel even way back when.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: April 23, 2015 01:36AM

SusieQ#1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> nah, it's more of a mission statement used to
> clarify the position of the LDS Church on their
> beliefs about the family.

^ What she said ^

Well, except that Mormonism uses families to get at the family.

To make little mention of using the family to get at families.

It's all about inclusiveness.

You're in or out! Better get out!

The family is not in.

Posted by: SuperDell ( )
Date: April 22, 2015 08:57PM

What, you think Lawyers can't be inspired?

Why do you think the brethren blessed the law office of their main law firm?

Also banking branches for Zions Bank.

God loves money and lawyers who help the church get it.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.