Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: August 26, 2019 02:39AM

They muddy any distinction between good & bad, right & wrong with their moving targets, diluting core values, not consistently observing their own edicts, ignoring wrongs done by Mormon Royalty.

the Only changes in the last 20 - 30 + years are those attributable to better communications (i.e. Internet).

A couple of my pre-correlation memories stick with me:

- birth control & divorce were shamed

- Mittens married in Michigan in front of Ann's family, went to SL the next day & 'got sealed'. Mormon Royalty!!

- the FP sent a SM letter saying de-caf coffee was OK! REALLY!

In a very general sense, there was still some focus on love, honesty, kindness. a touch more local autonomy, completely gone now bc Bishops & SPs totally church-broke before being considered to be considered for callings.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: LJ12 ( )
Date: August 26, 2019 09:25AM

What the mormon corporation also does best is: Lie.
What mormons do best: Believe that they are the nicest, most infallible people on earth, but they do crazy, horrible shit behind your back. And they still honestly, firmly believe they are doing nothing wrong.
LDS inc. makes good people do bad things, whilst believing that they are doing good. LDS inc. lies and twists the truth for its own ends. It’s a nasty, twisted world that’s made to look good.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: August 26, 2019 10:24PM

That’s my observation too. It’s like Milgram’s experiment except people who administer the maximum shock get promoted.

The church is essentially sociopathic. It doesn’t matter what clown makeup they put on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2019 10:30PM by babyloncansuckit.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: August 27, 2019 01:37AM

The church, built on lies, can only continue to make money by lying about the lies.

It's lies all the way down.

My favorite lie is that the temple script was authored by a perfect, all knowing eternal being who thinks a baker's hat is mandatory attire for admittance to his holy realm.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: August 27, 2019 02:33AM

That’s actually the one thing that’s true. Dude’s into pasta. May his noodly goodness be blessed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/2019 02:44AM by babyloncansuckit.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: August 27, 2019 11:03AM

I was shocked and dismayed and, even if I kept going to church since I had no other answers for my marriage, but I could not swallow that one. I tried going back 5 times. Being pulled aside for sealings was the last straw. I hadn't been in several years, but when they made the changes in 1990, my "husband" thought I might like the changes. I never made it to the endowment. I think the endowment is worse than sealings depending on who they've decided to have you do sealings with. It was insulting and an invasion into my personal space. Every thing about the temple, though, is an invasion.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: August 26, 2019 10:04PM

GNPE Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> In a very general sense, there was still some
> focus on love, honesty, kindness. a touch more
> local autonomy, completely gone now bc Bishops &
> SPs totally church-broke before being considered
> to be considered for callings.

Agree with this. I had a really nice bishop and he was the ward building custodian. A very humble person.

I also know that Sanka coffee was originally church approved. My Mom became insufferable after it was banned. Her mood swings became wild and unpredictable. Damn church.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.