Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Hillbilly Heathen ( )
Date: April 03, 2011 08:52PM

the first games of which would have conflicted with the second sesson of conference and general priesthood meeting on Saturday??

Would conference and priesthood been replaced by a churchwide TV feed of the game, or would BYU have forfeited the game (Like the BYU women's rugby team did) in order to attend the meetings??? (Fat chance...)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2011 08:52PM by Hillbilly Heathen.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: kimball ( )
Date: April 03, 2011 08:54PM

They wouldn't have forfeited. They would only do that for a Sunday game. That's my hunch, but it wouldn't surprise me if they did.

Posted by: deb ( )
Date: April 03, 2011 08:55PM

actually in 1006 a college in MS actually did make it to the final four. Not a fan, but, I can say, it was exciting.

Posted by: deb ( )
Date: April 03, 2011 08:56PM

actually, 1996

Posted by: Hillbilly Heathen ( )
Date: April 03, 2011 10:37PM

Give live updates on the bottom of the closed circuit feed? Would the players not in the game be required to watch it on their smart phones? Would there be no males over the age of 12 in the BYU cheering section?

I mean, I was always taught there was NO excuse for missing the general session of priesthood!!!

Then, if they made it to the finals, there is the Family home evening conflict. We were told that any sports on monday (ie Monday night football) was a tool created by satan to destroy the family by disrupting FHE...

Just wonderin...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.