Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: April 26, 2015 10:52PM

I was reminded of "loosey Goosey" by another poster's use of the ever so elegant phrase, 'je ne sais quoi...'

The two phrases, in my mind, can be quite above board, as well as really down and dirty. Especially 'loosey goosey', which because of the two sibilants, allows for added slurring if one so chooses, especially when you and that certain je ne sais quoi are naked together. Try whispering a low 'looooshiee goooshiee' in his/her/its ear and see what happens!

What makes this on topic, is that TBMs simply can't use either phrase! Well, they can try, but it always sounds so false, so hollow! There's no way mormons want to admit they don't know something, so 'je ne sais quoi' isn't something they want to admit.

And using 'loosey goosey' in conversation leaves them vulnerable to silly, loud laughter, and you know how they're supposed to feel about that.

To test my hypotenuse (sounds funnier than hypothesis), during this coming week try to use 'je ne sais quoi' and 'loosey goosey' in conversation with TBMs. There's no grade involved with his assignment, but Holy McGhost and I are tight and I could put in a good word for you, if you want.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: jpt ( )
Date: April 27, 2015 12:02AM

My TBM family members would think of the character in the "Chicken Little" story, (though that's Goosey Loosey). They're kinda sheltered as adults in a kid's world. The french phrase would totally go over their heads.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: April 27, 2015 11:38AM

My family would be that guy in the Sonic commercial who replies: "Jenna says what?"

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: April 27, 2015 11:57AM

Qies est le sens de cette Loosey Goosey?

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: April 27, 2015 12:38PM

Loosey Goosey est de savoir comment idiot, amoureux Non enrégimenté décrivent comment leur vie , en particulier leur vie amoureuse. Ou du moins ce est ce que dit Google Translate...

Je dois demander à Eddie Izzard être absolument certain.

Posted by: Benvolio ( )
Date: April 27, 2015 12:46PM

I used to have a goose called Lucy.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: April 27, 2015 12:46PM

I think Eddie will say the same thing.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.