Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: southern idaho inactive ( )
Date: April 27, 2015 02:15PM

as typical with the morg the Bishop was no help!! I guess that's what you expect when have a Dentist for a Bishop, the District Attorney for the 1st counselor and a retired farmer guy for the 2nd counselor!!

Stupid cult! All they do it take, take and take!! How about giving TBM members their money back with interest? But then of course I"m dreaming. It'll never happen. It's hard for me to shallow that my TBM Dad and TBM family helped the morg build Main Street Plaza, the Conference Center and their expensive shopping mall!!Who knows what else!??

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rubi123 ( )
Date: April 27, 2015 02:30PM

If the Bishop is a dentist by profession, I don't see why anyone would go to him for financial advice. It would make sense to see someone who works within the financial sector / industry for help with finances.

Posted by: southern idaho inactive ( )
Date: April 27, 2015 02:36PM

Yes. Our bishop's profession is a dentist. But then you how TBM's ask for the morg for help first than go to someone with experience in the financial industry/sector...

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: April 27, 2015 03:44PM

Bishop dentist: "My advice is, pay your tithing. And go to your family for help first, then the state, cuz the church won't help you."

Posted by: southern Idaho inactive ( )
Date: April 27, 2015 04:27PM

What pisses me off the most is that he and my TBM mom(when she was alive) paid the morg 5K a year in tithing, fast offerings etc..to the morg!! We could of used that money ourselves for our house and property. Not Main Street Plaza, the Conference Center, City Creek Mall, more mctemples etc...

And the taxpayers, the public still don't know what the morg is doing with it's money...add in rank and file members too who are struggling to survive...It's one of my biggest pet peeves about the morg.For me it all started when they bought Main Street in the late 90's....

Posted by: moose ( )
Date: April 27, 2015 03:48PM

Getting help is like pulling teeth.

Posted by: michaelc1945 ( )
Date: April 27, 2015 03:56PM

Good one!

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: April 27, 2015 04:02PM

and that's no Bullwinkle

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: April 27, 2015 09:05PM

The bishop can't do anything. Not only because he's not allowed to and doesn't know how but he too gives away too much money every year.

Were people like your father to invest that money most would have a couple of hundred thousand dollars to work with, lots more savings and emergency funds.

The bishop is in place to stop the inquiries in its tracks. It doesn't matter his position in the real world. Most likely, even he can't think for himself.

Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: April 27, 2015 09:50PM

If you want the bishop to help you have to play their games. What you do is very simple really. Ask to meet with the bishop, tell him that you are finically sinking and have gotten a second job where you have to work every Sunday. You need to be released for all of your callings. Maybe in a few years you and you family might attend again. If he does not offer food and money, quite going quit paying tithing. Either way you when. Not going and not paying tithing is a better win.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: April 27, 2015 10:49PM

the power of discernment has undoubtedly informed the bishop that if your dad was doing everything he should be doing, he wouldn't need any help. So first, your dad has to correct whatever he was doing wrong, Jesus will then bless him and there will be no need for la iglesia mormona to have to dish out any money.

So sit down with your dad, find out what he's doing wrong and help him correct it!!

Posted by: humberto ( )
Date: April 28, 2015 12:46AM

My wife's bishop is a finance professional, but still can't give good advice because he MUST start by commanding the 10 percent donation. The skills go out the window when you're a tool for the cult.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.