Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: southern idaho inactive ( )
Date: April 29, 2015 05:45PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: cupcakelicker ( )
Date: April 29, 2015 05:59PM

I wasn't worried. They've got kevlar garmies and three native american bodyguards, right?

Posted by: almost ( )
Date: April 29, 2015 06:18PM

He was hospitalized needing 12 stitches in his head. They have already contacted the paper today requesting a retraction of the story, Elder Sam Jenkins.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: April 29, 2015 07:25PM

So they're lying, just like usual.

Posted by: torturednevermo ( )
Date: April 29, 2015 07:49PM

Thanks <almost> for posting your inside knowledge. First off, I’m sorry that someone was hurt, that’s truly unfortunate. But, regarding the article southern idaho inactive linked, it sure made a person aware of how much the church pr will lie to cover up any negative angle arising out of missionary work.

Even without someone being affected, the article would still come across as sugary bragging about fluking out and escaping any incident. But, to know someone actually did get hurt, shows completely what dishonest, lying boneheads they are. It made the article a really strange read knowing someone actually was in fact affected in the violence.

This quote (among others):

“We've been getting calls, emails and texts from all over. We're grateful, and please know the missionaries were never in any danger."

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: April 29, 2015 07:53PM

This is what has always made me fucking angry & pissed off about the cult. Whenever something bad happens somewhere, the cult & cult members only wonder & worry about other cult members & missionaries that might have been harmed. They don't give a fucking shit about anyone else, or about the situation in general.

Posted by: torturednevermo ( )
Date: April 29, 2015 08:02PM

Ya, I was too stunned by the article to even think of that angle.

“Who cares about Baltimore. We’re all ok, and that’s all that matters.”
(And it wasn’t even true.)

Sheesh!

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: April 29, 2015 07:58PM

The thing that would really help Baltimore right now is for some under-educated boys from western states to promote a nineteenth century fraud as a solution. Go mishies, yay.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: April 29, 2015 10:27PM

Maybe the COB is saying all the righteous missionaries are okay... After all, if the injured elder had been faithful enough...

Also, was his companion injured? Remember that old saying: "Sorry elder Jenkins, I don't have to outrun the people chasing us, I just have to outrun you!"

Posted by: quinlansolo ( )
Date: April 29, 2015 10:37PM

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: April 30, 2015 12:44AM

Being reassured that missionaries are okay gives TBM something to occupy their thoughts so they don't need to worry themselves with such matters as why this was happening and what they might do to actually make the world a better, safer, more just place.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.