Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: GC ( )
Date: November 09, 2019 08:35AM

Has anybody here heard of "Daylight Army"? No, I'm not thinking of joining (lol); just doing some research and there's not much online.

The group/organization has a FB page with a few very strange entries. so I gather it's "cultish" or at least appears to be, but am gathering info for someone who has a loved one apparently sucked into this group.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ptbarnum ( )
Date: November 09, 2019 04:01PM

A very, very brief scan of the net says this movement's name is "Tumple" and there's one article I could find:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.avclub.com/a-magic-sex-cult-thrives-in-the-weird-alcoves-of-face-1798252752/amp

One one hand I'd say yeah, it's got weird vibes. Peculiar imagery, leaders that speak mumbo jumbo, some kind of out there sex going on, and quite likely a money con in there somewhere.

On the other appendage, since it's using social media and memes as a lure it could be somebody's experiment. A game for the net savvy generation wrapped in a big joke told to make a point, Like the Subgenius or Discordianism groups, some kind of half prank, half manifesto-spewing attempt of a culture jamming project conceived by angsty arty types. The ones that were bullied in art school for being mediocre and who think that spouting ambiguous word-salady pot-inspired poetry and then laughing with existential despair when all the pinks act confused means that they really are soooo much smarter than you and me.

Either way, BS social experiment or straight up new age flimflam, these groups tend to go to odd places once they reach critical mass, as all of us here can attest to personally, so yeah, I'm calling it. Cult. Not even a particularly interesting or original one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2019 04:14PM by ptbarnum.

Posted by: GC ( )
Date: November 10, 2019 10:05AM

Thanks, appreciate the input!

Posted by: Ted ( )
Date: November 09, 2019 04:12PM

Ah a friend wanted me to ask about the magic sex part of it...so it's sex that is magical? That's interesting. I already have a few disappearing tricks in that department. One trick I have is really magical for about 30 seconds, and then poof gone. Like I said a friend was asking about it and I told him I would inquire.

Date: November 09, 2019 04:24PM

I've always been fascinated with stuff like this. I no longer want to join anybody's group but I find them endlessly watchable. This phenomenon has been happening for essentially forever with human beings and no matter how advanced we get these new religious movements keep popping up and seeing success. Even parody groups have devotees who find deep philosophical meaning in their own joke religion. It's fascinating.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: November 09, 2019 05:19PM

Be careful, lest The Noodle smite thee!

Posted by: Ted ( )
Date: November 09, 2019 05:54PM

I think you mean the "magic noodle."

Date: November 09, 2019 06:59PM

I mean no disrespect to the Al Dente Almighty. But even if I did, the FSM probably wouldn't be mad enough to extend the smighty smighty appendage. Anything with a pair of meatballs like that probably has a sense of humor to match and all the Pasatfarians I know have assured me It is a Being of Great Humidity.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: November 09, 2019 08:37PM

I would advise being very careful. The smighty Noodle is not above a little creative humbuggery...

Posted by: ookami ( )
Date: November 10, 2019 06:30PM

Don't know that much about it.

But when a group calls themselves a military or army and they are not part of a nation's actual armed forces, they shouldn't be trusted.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.