Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: May 01, 2015 05:47PM

--Lying for the Lord, This Time in Salt Lake City's Non-Mormon Newspaper

Read all (strike "all," replace with "some") about it:

"At 87, Mormon Leader Thomas S. Monson ‘Feeling the Effects’ of His Age, LDS Church Says"

by David Noyce
"Salt Lake Tribune"
30 April 2015

http://www.sltrib.com/lifestyle/faith/2465653-155/at-87-mormon-leader-thomas-s

"On Friday, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints released this statement — originally reported on KUER's RadioWest — about the Mormon leader's health.

"'President Monson is 87. It's natural that he and others in the Church leadership are feeling the effects of advancing age," the statement said. 'However, he spoke publicly at General Conference [last] month and attended all the meetings. He comes to the office every day, attends all First Presidency and committee meetings, leads the discussion and makes decisions.'"

If history is any judge, that is such b.s.
_____

--Mormon Cult Apostles Privately Admit That a Disabled Prophet Puts Adminstrative Decisions on Hold

In September 1993, I was told in private conversations with LDS "apostlegists" Dallin H. Oaks and Neal A. Maxwell that major Mormon Church administrative decisions were NOT being made at that time, given the inability of my grandfather to be involved in the process due to his degraded mental and physical condition.

I asked Oaks why he didn't come out publicly and set the record straight on my grandfather's actual health, especially since the LDS Inc.'s PR Department--then headed by Don LeFevre--was issuing press releases significantly misrepresenting my grandfather's actual mental and physical condition. Oaks responded by waving dismissively in the direction of the the Church Office Building (which I could see through the windows of Maxwell's office), saying, "I don't know what goes on over there in the high rise."

I then asked Maxwell why he didn't speak up on the actual state of my grandfather's health. Maxwell replied by saying he (meaning Maxwell) already had several responsibilities and "didn't need any more."

Oaks then urged me to deal with the issue of my grandfather's health through "back channels," rather than in the public square (a sure-fire remedy for deep-sixing the whole thing).

Less than a month later, during October General Conference, I encountered LeFevre in downtown SLC and asked him why he was releasing misleading statements about the health of my grandfather that clearly were not true. LeFevre told me, "All my statements have been approved by my superiors." I responded, "Don, that doesn't make them true." LeFevre simply replied, "Steve, this is a difficult job."

("The Grandson of the Prophet Ezra T. Benson (Steve Benson)," by "Cattle Mutilator," on "Recovery from Mormonism" discussion board, at https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCAQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.exmormon.org%2Fmormon%2Fmormon090.htm&ei=_v1DVeeeHrb7sASm-4HQCQ&usg=AFQjCNG9S4vl21dIp7YQlevBk-HV4AkUbQ&bvm=bv.92291466,d.cWc; see also,
"Mormon President's Health Raises Questions--Succession . . . ," by "Associated Press," 31 July 1993, at https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCIQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Farticles.latimes.com%2F1993-07-31%2Flocal%2Fme-18763_1_ezra-taft-benson&ei=2_9DVcTnMO21sASToYDQCA&usg=AFQjCNHZEnmrjcZspWW64dN9JcFO2X_s0g&bvm=bv.92291466,d.cWc)
_____

--Mormon Cult Leaders Signal the Sooner-Than-Later Demise of Prop (not Prophet) Monson, Using the Same Language They Used When ETB Was on the Edge of the End

Mormons need to wake up and smell the rotten lies coming from the rotten core of their misleading "leaders."

"Feeling the effects of age" is a designated phrase that has been used by top Mormon Cult leadership to signal the impending death of its dime-store-window mannequin displays of its presidents who are on death's doorstep.

Case in point:

Employing the EXACT SAME CODE LANGUAGE then as now, senior apostle and next-in-line for the Mormon Church presidency, Gordon B. Hinckley, sent out the word on the shortly-expected death of my then-Mormon president grandfather, Ezra Taft Benson.

The Mormon Cult-owned "Deseret News" affirmed this fact in an article that (ironically enough) was published in the wake of the death of Hinckley himself:

"Pres. Hinckley Carried Burden for Predecessors"

"by Deseret Morning News" staff
28 January 2008
More Coverage: LDS President Gordon B. Hinckley dies at age 97

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/695247935/Pres-Hinckley-carried-burden-for-predecessors.html?pg=all

"The duties of leading the LDS Church weren't new to Gordon B. Hinckley when he officially became church president on April 2, 1995.

"He had been filling in for his ailing predecessors for more than a decade, since he joined the First Presidency in 1981. . . .

"He was the senior General Authority at General Conferences during the declining years of Presidents Kimball and Benson but always made it a point to reassure church members of the prophet's presence. . . .

"In the April 1994 conference, less than two months before President Benson's death, President Hinckley spoke of the order of authority in Church government. . . .

[*Insert--From the First Presidency First Counselor Gordon B. Hinckley's "God is at the Helm" General Conference talk, April 1994: "People throughout the Church are naturally anxious to know of the President’s condition. President Benson is now in his 95th year. As we have previously said from this and other pulpits, HE SUFFERS SERIOUSLY FROM THE EFFECTS OF AGE AND ILLENS AND HAS BEEN UNABLE TO FULFILL IIMPORATNT DUTIES OF HIS SACRED OFFICE [emphasis added]. This is not a situation without precedent. Other Presidents of the Church have also been ill or unable to function fully in the closing months or years of their lives. It is possible that this will happen again in the future." Source: https://www.lds.org/general-conference/1994/04/god-is-at-the-helm?lang=eng]

Continuing with Hinckley's remarks in the same sermon:

"President Hinckley acknowledged that President Benson was SUFFERING FROM THE EFFECTS OF AGE AND ILLNESS AND WAS NOT ABLE TO FULL IMPORTANT DUTIES OF HIS OFFICE [emphasis added]. . . .

"When President Benson called his two counselors Nov. 10, 1985, he "signed . . . powers of agency giving each of his counselors the authority to direct the business of the Church," President Hinckley said."

*NOTE: ETB DID NOT SIGN away his powers to Hinckley and Monson. He was too debiliatated to do so. An autopen was used to imitate his signature, which was then used to sign away his powers to Hinckley and Monson. My grandfather died at the end of May 1994, shortly after Hinckley had given notification in his General Conference talk that ETB was about to die. See "Signing Off on Sophistry," by Steve Benson, Recovery from Mormonism" discussion board, 15 Aoril 2012, at: http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,475369,475369#msg-475369]

Like the "Deseret News" is presently doing in claiming that an aging Monson is still functionally running the show, Hinckley similarly claimed that Ezra Taft Benson was only physically--not mentally--disabled by age. In this deliberate exercise in cagey misinforming, Hinckley--plain and simple--lied to Mormonism's mentally-blocked members in General Conference about the extent and severity of ETB's rapidly failing health.

Observe how, in the following Mormon Cult "Church News" account of a Hinckley October 1992 General Conference talk (less than two years out from LDS President Benson's death), Hinckley mentioned nothing about ETB's deteriorating and debilitating mental condition indeed, he spoke ONLY OF HIS WEAK PHYSICAL STATE, THEREBY MISLEADINGLY IMPLYING THAT ETB WAS STILL MENTALLY FUNCTIONAL--which was not the case at all. (If ETB had, in fact, been regarded as being mentally functional enough to make adminstrative decisions as Mormon Church president, there would have been no need for a surreptious power hand-over by signature machine to Hinckley and Monson).

The precise point in Hinckley's talk where he deliberately misled Mormonims's unthinkingly faithul flock about the extent of ETB's failing health is noted in capital letters:

“President Gordon B. Hinckley's account of a dramatic experience aboard a jetliner as it approached the airport set the tone for his Sunday morning address.

“President Hinckley, First Counselor in the First Presidency, was returning from a regional conference when the captain announced that there was an emergency and asked passengers to obey crew members' instructions. An off-duty pilot, recognizing President Hinckley, told him, 'The primary control system has failed, but I think we are going to be all right. They have managed to get the landing gear down and the flaps down.'

"'Strangely, I felt no fear,' President Hinckley recalled. 'I knew that a redundancy system had been built into the plane to handle just such an emergency, and that the crew had been well-trained.'

“The congregation laughed when he said, 'I also knew that the effectiveness of that redundancy system would be known in a minute or two when the rubber hit the runway.'

“The aircraft landed without mishap. 'The crew were appropriately applauded, and some of us expressed to the Lord our gratitude,' President Hinckley related.

"'I have reflected on this experience in terms of the Church of which we are members.'

“Jesus Christ is the head of the Church, but the earthly head is the prophet, he explained, adding that while President Ezra Taft Benson holds all the keys of the priesthood, he has reached an age that places limitations on his PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES [emphasis added], as have prophets in the past.

"'Some people, evidently not knowing the system, worry that because of the president's age, the Church faces a crisis. They seem not to realize that there is a backup system. In the very nature of this system, there is always on board a trained crew, if I may so speak of them. They have been thoroughly schooled in Church procedures. More importantly, they also hold the keys of the eternal priesthood of God.'

“Each of the 15 men ordained as apostles holds the keys of the priesthood, but only the president has the right to exercise them in their fullness, President Hinckley explained.

“'We who serve as counselors recognize and know the parameters of our authority and our responsibility. Our only desire is to assist and help our leader with the tremendous burdens of his office. The Church is growing large, with more than 8 million members now. . . . The responsibilities are many and varied.

"'But I can say that regardless of the circumstances, the work goes forward in an orderly and wonderful way. As it was during the time when President Kimball was ill, we have moved without hesitation where there is well-established policy. Where there is no firmly established policy, we have talked with the president and received his approval before taking action. Let it never be said that there has been any disposition to assume authority or to do anything or say anything or teach anything which might be at variance with the wishes of him who has been put in his place by the Lord.'

“Quoting D&C 107:23-24, President Hinckley said the Council of the Twelve Apostles form a quorum equal in power and authority to the First Presidency, but they are always under the direction of the First Presidency.

“President Hinckley contrasted the work of the Lord with the process of electing government officials: 'No member of the Church in his right mind would think of applying for ecclesiastical office.' Rather, he said, Church officers are called of God by prophecy and by the laying on of hands by those who are in authority.

“He expressed confidence that all General Authorities confess to the Lord their weaknesses and plead for strength and wisdom.
“He said the Brethren pray together and periodically partake of the sacrament together, and from various backgrounds and experiences, discuss problems and ways to improve and strengthen the work.

"'At the outset of these discussions, there may be various points of view. But before the discussion is ended, there is total unanimity, else no action is taken. The Lord Himself has declared that such unity is an absolute necessity.'

“He affirmed that the General Authorities would never lead the Church astray because the Lord Jesus Christ has the power to remove any found remiss in his duty or teaching that which is not in harmony with His divine will.

"'I say for each and all of us that we have no personal agenda. We have only the Lord's agenda. There are those who criticize when we issue a statement of counsel or warning. Please know that our pleadings are not motivated by any selfish desire. Please know that our warnings are not without substance and reason. Please know that the decisions to speak out on various matters are not reached without deliberation, discussion and prayer. Please know that our only ambition is to help each of you with your problems, your struggles, your families, your lives.'"

(“Built-in 'Backup' System Keeps Church on Course,” Gordon B. Hinckley, sermon at LDS General Conference,” published in “Church News,” 10 October 1992, at: http://www.ldschurchnews.com/articles/21783/Built-in-backup-system-keeps-Church-on-course.html

The writing's on the wall, so to speak (least it's in the "Deseret News"). The succession vultures are again circling--a sign in the heavens that Monson will likely be dead soon.

(Based on my own direct observations, I could say more here on the subject but will not, due to a pledge of confidentiality made in a unique situation).

Edited 17 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2015 12:50AM by steve benson.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: May 01, 2015 05:58PM

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: May 01, 2015 06:19PM

Kremlinology, indeed. Good catch.

Thanks for the background info, Steve.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: May 01, 2015 06:09PM

Then we can high five "Hail to the king, the king is dead."

These men really belong in a nursing home.

All of them.

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: May 01, 2015 06:18PM

What makes you think they aren't? :')

Date: May 01, 2015 07:01PM

It's a helluva nursing home. :P

I liked learning that Brigham Young's winter home in sunny St. George, Utah he'd escape to - he was St. George's first official snowbird.. Out of his dozens of lovely sweet wives, he only took one: a RN, so she could attend to his nursing needs on call 24/7.

Date: May 01, 2015 07:21PM

Yeah, it was all going swimmingly down there in Saint George right up until he was poisoned to death!

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: May 01, 2015 07:57PM

Considering all the poison that came out of his mouth, it's only fitting that some went back in.

Date: May 01, 2015 08:03PM

That would make for a good story or movie.

He had enemies in high places.

From what I could find it's inconclusive as to how he died.

If you have any resources, feel free to share. I'm interested in learning more about that.

The year Young died, he wanted to change the cupola of the St. George temple, because he thought it was too small, and not godly enough to inspire his followers. Then he died, and no one did anything about it.

The following year, a bolt of lightning struck the cupola and destroyed it. So it had to be replaced; finally to Young's recommendations (of the temple kind.)

Anecdote I learned from my adventure to St. George this past winter. ..

Stranger things have been known to happen....

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: May 01, 2015 08:11PM

Thanks for the story on the St. George temple. Oddly enough, it's my favorite temple. It looks to me like a New England chapel in Land of the Giants.

Date: May 01, 2015 08:36PM

It is really beautiful there. With the towering palm trees, and the majestic mountains for a backdrop. The scenery is some of the finest I've ever seen.

The temple is beautiful. I walked around it, taking pictures of N, S, E and W. That's as close as I wanted to get - as I watched patrons walking in and out with their suitcases for endowment sessions.

Like the nice sheeple that they are. I try not to dis them too much since many of my relatives are still dyed in cloth.

They're devout but sincerely deluded.

Date: May 01, 2015 08:29PM

I was actually told by the peeps who run the tours of the Brigham Young house in St. George that he was poisoned with arsenic.

Here's basically what I was told:

“What is important is not the actual name of ‘Ms. X,’ but her relationship to Brigham Young. In an association of a dozen years, her initial dislike had grown to intense loathing. But what drove her to the corner drugstore for a little calomel salve, please, Mr. Godbe, and oh, yes, a dime’s worth of arsenic to get rid of the gophers?

“Motive:

“The threat to her daughter, a beautiful girl of 17. At this period in Deseret , when an old man began losing his steam, he was dealt a young girl as a plural wife to revitalize him. Brigham did the dealing; his permission was essential. While a special exaltation in the hereafter was promised a nubile maiden who married an old man on earth, to her mother it was a monstrous situation which made her flesh crawl. When an appeal to Brigham failed, her only recourse was to eliminate the man in charge.

“Modus operandi:

“The sugar bowl. Brigham liked to eat with members of his menage. How, then, to single him out for a lethal does without endangering others? Sugar was a prized commodity in frontier Utah . The members of the household sweetened their tea with honey. Only Brigham and special guests used sugar. He also liked a cup of tea in midaftemoon. Again, the sugar bowl, the contents mixed with a tasteless white powder."

The above is from https://rfmorg.wordpress.com/2008/08/27/brigham-young-murdered-by-poison/

Date: May 01, 2015 08:42PM

What a scandal! Brushed under the carpet no doubt to preserve his legacy. He wasn't able to abdicate to his son Brigham Jr, on account he died in August, and conference wasn't until October, when he planned to hand him the reins of his monarchy.

Very interesting.

I was in the Brigham Young house there during my visit. I was on a tour, but did not stay for the whole duration.

It was nice enough. In his day, it would've been the finest house in all of St. George. Now it just looks like a nice pioneer home with only the finest furnishings and materials used in the building thereof.

He spared no expense in his little mansion.

Paid for in full by Mormon tax (oops, tithe) payers.

Date: May 01, 2015 08:53PM

Yes. The rank and file were pitifully poor, but they could spare no expense for the Lion of the West, of whom they were terrified. What a guy!

Date: May 01, 2015 10:21PM

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1051678

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2015 11:02PM by steve benson.

Posted by: ConcernedCitizen ( )
Date: May 01, 2015 07:04PM

...there must be an inner circle. Kinda' like the "Mormon Mafia" that managed Howard Hughes and his massive empire. Why wouldn't they want to hide and protect Monson from outside eyes? If they didn't, the world would see the sham and hoax that is the "Geriatric and Senile First Presidency".................

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: May 01, 2015 07:19PM

It doesn't seem too far fetched for Monson to be dead already

and they are just not ready to announce it.

Posted by: Tal Bachman ( )
Date: May 01, 2015 09:02PM

Well, strictly speaking, we're ALL "to be dead soon" :)

Posted by: ParaMormon Activity ( )
Date: May 01, 2015 09:07PM

Yeah, But are we just a few months shy of being dead ? ;)

Date: May 01, 2015 10:16PM

" . . . I was told in private conversations with LDS "apostlegists" Dallin H. Oaks and Neal A. Maxwell that major Mormon Church administrative decisions were NOT being made at that time, given the inability of my grandfather to be involved in the process due to his degraded mental and physical condition."
_____

P.S.--I also added some more Hinckley hooey, plus organized the OP into categorized sections for easier reading.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2015 11:03PM by steve benson.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.