Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: BeenThereDunnThatExMo ( )
Date: November 18, 2019 02:36PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: November 18, 2019 02:53PM

As much as Susan could carry.

Posted by: BeenThereDunnThatExMo ( )
Date: November 19, 2019 03:56AM

Great one Kathleen!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CdVTCDdEwI

Or so it seems to me...

Posted by: Roy G Biv ( )
Date: November 18, 2019 02:55PM

How much cash could a Bednar stash if a Bednar could stash cash?

I'd go to someone with more expertise.....ask a woodchuck.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: November 18, 2019 03:14PM

The OP's one-liner touches on a serious subject... Well, potentially serious.

Is there an event that would so cripple the church that it could not survive? You know, like being quick enough on the ball to pull out your iPhone and start filming when you pulled in the driveway, clicked for the garage door to open and as it rose, there's the First Presidency, naked, the local quorum of Beehives licking genuine maple syrup off his body...

And have any of the movers and shakers in the church thought to make provisions for such a day?

Just one suitcase full of money, that's all? Nah, there have to be some forward thinkers who have done some serious planning. And every year some of the others have to be joining in the planning for unforeseen (and unhoped-for) calamity.

I hope I live to see the day when the sane True Believers lament. As for the insane True Believers, well, that'll be a sorry sight.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: November 18, 2019 11:58PM

A million dollars in hundreds is 10 kg or 22 lbs. It would fit in a carry-on. You might even be able to squeeze a second million in, but that would be pushing it.

A billion dollars (22,000 lbs) would fill most of a tractor trailer. A trillion dollars (22 million lbs) would fill a 100+ car freight train to the brim.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: November 19, 2019 05:53AM

Doesn’t Carl Malone have a tractor trailer?

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: November 19, 2019 12:25AM

Brazil isn't all that attractive a location just now, I have a couple of friends there that give me selected details (No, I didn't serve my mish there)

Gov't is a lot fragmented there, seems to be little controls on corruption or violence. Not the place to head for, IMHO.

Brings a couple of interesting questions, First: If you're a despot on the run from being accountable, would U prefer a location with a (partial) democratic government, -or- , would U choose a place where U place where U could buddy-up (or stay sub rosa) with a totalitarian regime?

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: November 19, 2019 12:37AM

If I know Bednar (unfortunately I did know him somewhat from past CES work) he is prepared. He also has business teacher sons. They know what would happen if his job, or theirs, dried up. I believe he knows enough to be diversified. He's likely got real estate, cash, gold, stock portfolio, etc. I'd bet Susan has some family money as well. They would lose prestige and regular, steady, salary income from being on so many boards, and probably book royalties.

Davey may have no conscience about leading his deluded flock down the garden path but if he has no Plan B for the possibility of losing his exalted, cult status I'll eat my hat.

Posted by: speakevilofthelord'sanointed ( )
Date: November 19, 2019 04:05AM

Screw the cash, shove the Samsonite up his ass.

Posted by: Warrior71783 ( )
Date: November 19, 2019 09:05AM

"Samsonite, i was way off"-jim carrey, dumb and dumber. Sorry, first thing that came to my head haha.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: November 19, 2019 06:20PM

The Swiss make 1000 swiss franc note worth about $1075.00 US give or take.

So if he could carry 2 million in US dollars looks like about 20 million swiss francs close to 21 million US dollars, give or take.

Now maybe he raids the church vault and packs rare valuable documents?

Real question. How many gold teeth could he pack and carry?

Posted by: odd thinker ( )
Date: November 19, 2019 06:29PM

They would just claim that the Leader succumbed to the Devil and the Church would go on

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.