Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Slumbering Minstrel ( )
Date: May 04, 2015 09:51PM

Hey Y'all!

Final reminder of the meet-up for lunch.

When: 1:00 pm, Saturday 9th

Where: Maggiano's

Address: 3106 West End Ave, Nashville

Reservation Name: Slumber (that's right, it's a Slumber party)

Can't wait to see you all there!

Email me with any questions: slumberingminstrel@gmail.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2015 09:51PM by Slumbering Minstrel.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: May 05, 2015 06:52AM

Topping ;-)

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: May 06, 2015 11:44AM

Yeah, I've never seen an exmo get together where anyone is slumbering. Well, at least not until later in the evening after a few too many beverages.

I needed something to make me take the time to get a new set of tires and have my brakes done. Driving to Nashtown spurred me to take care of it. Looks from the forecast that I'd better get those wiper blades replaced too, which I've needed to do for a year. So all I need now is to pick up my book on CD and I'm set. See all y'alls on Saturday.

Posted by: wiseguise ( )
Date: May 16, 2015 01:41PM

I was unable to make it, due to work (and I also forgot about it), but I hope that I can attend next time, and meet some of my fellow area exmo's.

Date: May 06, 2015 05:35PM

Hey All,
Quick update on the lunch on Saturday.

Maggiano’s has offered to provide us a semi-private dining area. I think it would be a great option for our group.

We will be given the family lunch menu, with the dishes to be shared amongst the party (served family style). It will include:
- Coffee/soda/tea (other beverages can be purchased per person)
- 3 Appetizers
- 3 Pastas/Entrees
- 2 Desserts
We used this menu for last year’s meet up, and seemed like it worked well for everyone, and there was plenty of food. It will come out to about $32 per person.
Before making the final reservation, I just wanted to let you all know. I think this will be a wonderful way to go.

Date: May 06, 2015 05:47PM

Sounds great to me. Love that we'll have a little privacy too.

Posted by: Nancy Rigdon ( )
Date: May 06, 2015 10:50PM

Sounds great to me too! Looking forward to seeing everybody.

Posted by: onecuriouscat ( )
Date: May 08, 2015 10:44AM

Both my husband and I are will be there and we are very much looking forward to meeting everyone! The private room and cost per person sounds great! I just wanted to confirm us nevermo's are indeed invited correct? Wanting to make sure one more time in case you prefer it to be exmormons only. Thank you!

Date: May 08, 2015 11:43AM

Of course. I am interested in why nevermos are interested in us. Sounds like there's a story there.

Date: May 08, 2015 12:14PM

Yay! Looking forward to meeting you all! Story not too exciting I have my degree in sociology with the main focus on religious studies so for the past 15 years I have been fascinated with TSCC and but mainly think those who leave are extremely brave and amazing people. Simply put, you all rock! For those that remain members, I respect that too! RFM is such a great place for so many!

Posted by: Former Poster ( )
Date: May 08, 2015 12:11PM

Do you know the tokens of the priesthood and their accompanying names and signs? I'm afraid it's required for entry.

Date: May 08, 2015 12:18PM

Former Poster Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Do you know the tokens of the priesthood and their
> accompanying names and signs? I'm afraid it's
> required for entry.

Haha! I do! I have watched and am friends with David "Newcarabu" on YouTube for a few years now so I am well versed ;) As long as no one tries to feel my husband and I up on the back checking for garments we may be able to pass!

Posted by: Elder Strangelove ( )
Date: May 08, 2015 08:34PM

Hey CuriousCat - just seconding NormaRae's affirmation, you're absolutely welcome!

Posted by: Eric K ( )
Date: May 08, 2015 12:05PM

Wife and I will be there. Driving I 24 nice day

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2015 12:30PM by Eric K.

Posted by: randyj ( )
Date: May 09, 2015 11:17PM

Unfortunately, it's just too far for us and we're too busy. Carrie had made a promise to take some wedding photos for a co-worker.

And it *was* a beautiful day. Hope y'all had a good time.

Date: May 10, 2015 01:38AM

Randy – we'd have loved to have seen you there, but as I understand from another post here tonight, you likely live quite primitively, 40 miles up a dirt road, with no electricity. So your horse and buggy journey to the big city would have been understandably rough. Too bad, as it would have been a hoot to hear your scotch dialect in a nasally, high pitched voice!

P.S. – I spent my early years in Johnson City, and don't rightly recall them thar particulars of the Appalachia life :)

Posted by: randyj ( )
Date: May 10, 2015 06:09PM

"Randy – we'd have loved to have seen you there, but as I understand from another post here tonight, you likely live quite primitively, 40 miles up a dirt road, with no electricity. So your horse and buggy journey to the big city would have been understandably rough."

Well, I thought about taking the stagecoach, but that would have still been a four-day trip.

"Too bad, as it would have been a hoot to hear your scotch dialect in a nasally, high pitched voice!"

Yeah, don'tchya know that all of us Appalachians talk like Scotty from Star Trek.

"P.S. – I spent my early years in Johnson City, and don't rightly recall them thar particulars of the Appalachia life :)"

Well now, when you're talking Johnson City, you're really talking hillbilly country. :-)

Seriously---some of the formerly isolated rural areas used to be a little behind the times. Towns like Elizabethton, Parrottsville, Roan Mountain, Mountain City, etc. But these days, it's only a small percentage of rural people who are around 65 or older who are still a little behind.

On that note, one of my wife's co-workers is around 50. She was raised in a very humble mountain home near Barbourville, KY. She got a full-ride college scholarship, and she is now the CFO of the company.

Posted by: icanseethelight ( )
Date: May 08, 2015 12:22PM

Erik is going to be there!!! Now I hate I moved to the great state of Texas!!

Ya'll have fun. I am jealous.

Posted by: Eric K ( )
Date: May 08, 2015 12:33PM

Sigh... I am always worried going to a meet-up, which is rare for us, that once folks meet me they will go running back to the Mormon church. Being an introvert is tough too.

Date: May 08, 2015 02:01PM

Godalmighty and Jesus H. Christ could appear to me in person and say nothing other than mormonism is true and the only way to be with my family in the hereafter. It wouldn't make me go running back to the mormon church. It might, however, make me run to the nearest mental hospital.

Date: May 08, 2015 08:32PM

Amen on "being an introvert is tough!" No worries, though. Last year Slumbering and I were nervous to meet up with strangers, but we met such wonderful people.

NormaRae - get ready to break in your new tires! Hope the drive goes well.

Look forward to meeting and eating with you all. I'm holding a special fast tonight and saying a prayer that the tiramisu will give strength and nourishment to our bodies!

Posted by: Tall Man, Short Hair ( )
Date: May 08, 2015 08:13PM

Dang! I'm swamped with work and preparing for a move. I'll be there in spirit, if not with an actual bald head bobbing at the end of the table . . .

Posted by: crookedletter ( )
Date: May 08, 2015 11:41PM

Last year's meet-up was great! Wish I could be there. Maggianos is delicious! Enjoy some tiramisu and an espresso for Gulf Coast Guy and me! :)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.