Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Slumbering Minstrel ( )
Date: May 10, 2015 01:54AM

Thanks to all who could make it out tonight, and we're sorry to have missed all those that wanted to but couldn't! We had such a great turnout, and met some wonderful people.

For those that partied later into the night, I hope y'all enjoyed some of the Nashville night life, and sorry we couldn't make it back out.

I trust everyone went home feeling full, and look forward to meeting up with you all again!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Eric K ( )
Date: May 10, 2015 11:41AM

Thanks Slumbering Minstrel! I wished I had a chance to talk to you and your husband more. It was a great luncheon.

I am really impressed with the young families like yours and all the others who attended. I am am excited to see that the children will be freed from a Mormon upbringing with intelligent and thoughtful parents. I don't mean to exclude the young couple still working out their feelings and thoughts on Mormonism. It is clear you will do well, whatever path you take. The willingness to see both sides of an issue and having to deal with Mormon families makes your decisions difficult. I was impressed with everyone there. The Mormon church is losing its best and brightest.

We had a an enjoyable evening as well. Us old farts, those w/o the obligation of children, went out to the gulch and met for a few more hours. It was a wonderful day for my wife and I.

Thanks again.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2015 11:51AM by Eric K.

Posted by: Nancy Rigdon ( )
Date: May 10, 2015 02:35PM

We had a great time as well. We're already looking forward to the next one.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: May 10, 2015 03:20PM

I wish the timing would have worked and/ or South Mississippi was a little closer to Nashville, Ten-I-See - I bet some good loving exmoz had a blast!

The dogs sat/ are sitting me while our master (nevermo) is-was out of town - playing American band music in New Orleans, on this BEAUTIFUL (mom'$) DAY, outside in the park. I was afraid that might be the case this year, this weekend.

Oh the a time they'd have if I could have brought them [flbf- four-legged best friends], and nevermo BFF. They would be the life of the party - and it almost kills me to have missed it and meeting, and certainly laughing, being merry and sharing wisdom, and stories, with y'all. Sad I couldn't make it.

{If (any of) you live around here or pass through this lovely neck of the wood [So.Miss] (or grew up here or were, are or know missionaries who have served here and want some catching up, have family or friends around these parts or are curious of southern USA customs or traditions, from a ONCEmo [It is said, "you can take the boy out of the South but not the south out of the boy"], or just want to) write & say hi.}

Nashville love-
M@t

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2015 04:01PM by moremany.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: May 10, 2015 06:44PM

I second everything Eric said. In a major way. I had such a great time and the venue and the meal were wonderful. Thank Y'all again for doing the work to set it up.

But as Eric said, it was so good to meet so many new people especially you younger couples. The young people who make it out in time to rescue their children all seem intelligent, savvy, and are obviously extremely caring parents. You have my adiration and I loved talking to you. I know it's so hard and you are very brave.

And we geezers had a great time downtown. It was cool to get to know Eric and his incredibly lovely wife. It might sound mormony to say, but they are very humble. They had a goal to help families and went about working to achieve that. They don't care for a lot of accolades. What a difference we really can make in people's lives.

Posted by: Elder Strangelove ( )
Date: May 10, 2015 09:35PM

Sorry I didn't get to talk much with you, Eric. But I got a chance to say hi to Mrs. K, and she was so kind and seems so dedicated to integrity. Thanks to you both! (And yes, while we love the children, they come with certain obligations, darn it!)

Wish I could have had more time with Norma Rae and Nancy Rigdon as well. (Congrats, again, to you and Mr. Rigdon, by the way!) If we have such a large turnout in the future, we'll have to instigate a musical-chairs format. But it was great meeting some new folks and hearing their experiences.

It's great to see so many families making their way out. Heading out the door can seem lonely at first, but it's always good to know you're not alone.

Thanks again to all who made it! Moremany and others, hope to see y'all one day!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.