Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: May 10, 2015 11:57AM

There is a great need for Mothering in all of our lives. It's provided by many different people at different times. There are no fantasy parents/moms etc. Not everyone is cut out or capable of doing good Mothering. Hopefully, someone along the line can fill that gap for those that need it.

I'm grateful for my mother and grandmother that I called: Mom and their dedication to raising me and teaching me what they understood about life. They are long gone and I no longer have their physical influence. The important thing I will always appreciate is even in conflict and difficult times, their positive support came through.

We didn't have much, but we had enough. We struggled, and made do with very little at times.
The older I become, the more I appreciate those that went before me and paved the way for me to grow and become the woman I am. I can't recall their voices or remember their faces (thank goodness I have some photos) but I have my memories and their words that have stayed with me.

I'm grateful there were women who stood up for Motherhood and gave it a place for recognition and celebration of women especially in a time when women did not have all of the rights they have today.

There were several other women in my life that have added to the Mothering I received. I am grateful for them also.
Through all my years of difficulties and good times, I knew I had support from specific people in my life. I knew I could rely on them.

I've had the experience of working with women and children who were caught in horrific situations where good mothering did not happen. Hopefully, there is someone in their lives that can provide the Mothering and support they need, at some point.

I'm so very grateful that my own children are respectful and honor me not just on Mother's Day but every day. Through it all, we know we have each other.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: amyjomeg ( )
Date: May 10, 2015 12:22PM

Amen to that.

Happy Mom's Day.

Without mothers, where would any of us be?

I know there's good parenting and bad. And everything in between.

Families today are not the traditional ones of my generation so much anymore. But through it all, people still need good role models, and if we don't get good mothering during our formative years, we all pay a price somehow.

I'm reminded of all the fathers and step-parents on this day also, who have raised children with or without spouses, like many single moms have done.

Pray blessings on all, that the seeds you've planted produce a good harvest in due time.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: May 10, 2015 01:23PM

There are a lot of grateful people for the mothering they received! It's good to see such wonderful tributes!

Posted by: PaintingintheWIN ( )
Date: May 10, 2015 01:31PM

So well said!

And thank you SusieQ#1 for your years given to mothering as well!

Posted by: Ex-Sister Sinful Shoulders ( )
Date: May 10, 2015 01:40PM

Happy Mother's Day to kind mothers everywhere.

As a former step-mom, remember them also. It is one of the most vilified, thankless roles there is at times.

Thanks to dads who participate in parenting these days. You rock!

Have fun celebrating. My brother and I and a group of people are taking a 99 year old lady to brunch. She is amazing, wickedly funny, and my role model... =)

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: May 10, 2015 05:44PM

What they do impacts generations ever after.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.