Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Wes ( )
Date: May 14, 2015 12:15AM

Thanks Carol for sharing this here - the link goes to my story about the discovery of the "difficult" church issues. I also have a longer form essay that I wrote during the process to document the major issues that affected my faith.

The site https://mormonbandwagon.com/ is set up to accept posts from anyone who registers. So please add your story or your perspectives, if you are so inclined. All are welcome.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Carol ( )
Date: May 14, 2015 03:31AM

Date: May 14, 2015 03:32AM

Date: May 14, 2015 03:33AM

Posted by: jiminycricket ( )
Date: May 14, 2015 01:05AM

Thank You for the link Carol. I'm in the process of reading the entire document. I'm on part 4 of 17.

So far, I'm really relating to what Wes wrote. I will return and report when I'm finished.

Posted by: AlexisAnne ( )
Date: May 14, 2015 03:49AM

A most provocative account! Sometimes by doing the things the powers that be want us to do, we end up knowing what they do not wish for us to know.

Posted by: amyjomeg ( )
Date: May 14, 2015 05:27PM

Thanks for sharing Wes' story here with us.

It is a deeply touching and moving account of how faith can transition from one of being on the inside, to becoming on the outside of Mormondom.

I continue to feel that I didn't give up any of my unique identity when I left Mormonism. Rather, leaving that mindset of indoctrination and brainwashing has helped me to understand my place in the world free from that dogma, basically. So I can be in the world *and* of the world, and still retain my autonomy and integrity, and substance - only moreso because I feel now my life is more authentic. Instead of being controlled by the church, I'm the one in charge of my life.

And that's a very good feeling to have. :)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.