Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: poppyseed84 ( )
Date: May 18, 2015 10:12PM

Ok so I have a follow up with the Stake President on wed at 7:45pm and I will let you know how it goes...I hope "something" is done because as you said there could be other victims. Also, a bishop should not be acting like this.

Here is my past post:

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1583686

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: acerbic ( )
Date: May 18, 2015 10:28PM

I think you should show up with a counsellor from the local sexual assault center. Or maybe a civil right lawyer.

Posted by: Doubting Thomas ( )
Date: May 18, 2015 10:31PM

Record the entire discussion. Put your phone on the desk and tell him you are recording the meeting.

Posted by: quinlansolo ( )
Date: May 19, 2015 08:50AM

Posted by: Darren Steers ( )
Date: May 19, 2015 09:36AM

I say let Poppyseed meet with the SP, and support her with her choices in how she wants to resolve the issue.

She'll soon realize she is in an organisation that has nothing to do with Christ, as the males close ranks to protect each other and the organisation, while discrediting her.

It may the thing that brings her shelf crashing down.

Sometimes you have to see the organisation at its worst, you cannot be told how bad it is until you see it for yourself.

Posted by: shodanrob ( )
Date: May 19, 2015 10:00AM

Do you have solid proof that this actually happened? Your word against his word. Without solid proof, nothing is going to happen. Legally or within the church.

Posted by: ASteve ( )
Date: May 28, 2015 06:52PM

I think you need to look up the word proof in a legal dictionary.

It does not mean what you imply it means in your two posts on this thread.

Posted by: not completely hopeless ( )
Date: May 19, 2015 03:30PM

Well, she has a bishop who may mess up in the process of trying to explain the misunderstanding. And she has the third person to whom the bisbop was talking about the photo (who hopefully will be spoken with without the bishop having had a chance to get his story straight. And you have the OP, who can testify about what was said and describe both people who were saying it, and recognize voices.

Circumstantial evidence would be enough to remove them as bishop, even if it weren't enough to criminally prosecute.

And even if the bishop is not immediately released, he would have to be stupid to continue doing what he did at least that once. So OP may have helped others.

Posted by: shodanrob ( )
Date: May 19, 2015 04:02PM

They won't do anything with circumstantial evidence. SP will want solid proof. Both of the offending parties will deny it or cover for each other. It's a boys' club. I am not saying it didn't happen, but nothing is going to happen here. He isn't going to ask for the Bishop's phone to look. Besides it could have been deleted. Waste of her time going to the SP. She should have confronted him right then and there. But hindsight is 20/20 as they say.

"Circumstantial evidence would be enough to remove them as bishop"

Not trolling here, but do you really think that? No SP I know of is going to do anything based on circumstantial evidence. He will take the word of the Bishop over the OP. Sad but true.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/19/2015 04:03PM by shodanrob.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: May 19, 2015 04:04PM

shodanrob:
I agree. This is a he said - she said claim that is easily denied.

Posted by: redkoolaidmonster ( )
Date: May 21, 2015 11:56AM

Any word on how this went?

Posted by: Darren Steers ( )
Date: May 28, 2015 05:31PM

Poppyseed probably was crushed by the old boys priesthood club coming together. She may be simply too embarrassed to post again because of the many predictions about how this would happen simply came true.

Posted by: seekyr ( )
Date: May 28, 2015 06:47PM

I'm guessing there's no evidence by now, so the only remote chance I see of anything happening at all is if other women ALREADY reported him earlier and so accusations are starting to pile up. I think it was right to report it, though.

I think if my brother had been the other bishop he would have been quite shocked to be shown such a picture and would not have let it drop. So there's a chance the witness could come through. On the other hand, I think most people would KNOW BETTER than to share a picture like that with my brother. This guy may have known that this particular bishop would be receptive.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: May 28, 2015 06:55PM

Sometimes it takes a number of complaints to get something accomplished. If the bishop has behaved inappropriately with the OP, then the chances are good that he's done it with other women as well.

Posted by: anon70 ( )
Date: June 01, 2015 04:13PM

just checking for an update.....

Posted by: Tonto ( )
Date: June 01, 2015 04:36PM

At the risk of being patriarchal, there is a time and place for a husband/boyfriend/brother/father to go storming into a meeting, and yelling...

"I know what you did, and you should be ashamed! If I hear of you trying anything like that with Poppyseed again, I will beat your ass to a pulp, bishop or no bishop!"

This is one of those times.

I bet you'd get some real attention on the matter then.

Posted by: leftfield ( )
Date: June 01, 2015 05:24PM

Chances are, if this story is not a hoax, that Poppyseed had her meeting with the stake president, in which it was pointed out to her that she caused the bishop's behavior by showing up in a revealing top with her wares on display—real or not.

As a condition of repentance for her role in in the bishop's smartphone smut, she is not allowed to return and report to the RFM group. And she has been instructed to wear sack cloth and ashes...sans the low-cut tops and skirts with slits.

Meanwhile, the stake president has taken possession of said smut and will keep it in his files as long as he is inspired to do so.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: June 01, 2015 05:35PM

I hope all women (& endowed menfolk) take the holding-coke-with-boobs challenge, & send a pic to friends!

Then, contribute to fight against breast cancer!

Posted by: Anon37055VVideo ( )
Date: June 01, 2015 06:15PM

GNPE Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I hope all women (& endowed menfolk) take the
> holding-coke-with-boobs challenge, & send a pic to
> friends!
>
> Then, contribute to fight against breast cancer!
=========================== ======== =

Huh??????????

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: June 01, 2015 09:10PM

I saw it on FB

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.