Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: May 19, 2015 10:27PM

This is going to ruffle some mormon feathers!!

It's an article, about sex, posted on another site. The other site is polite and very domestic. I predict completely different responses, both in tone and content.

Here's a mild quote, which provides the context for not adding O/T to the subject line:

"I've been a sex columnist, which suggests Sexual Libertine, but in many ways I'm repressed. I was raised Mormon, so my psychological, sexual landscape has definitely been impacted by the sexual repression in that culture leaving me to to frequent battle with the Morality Police, priggish Jacques and Ferrar, that live inside my head.

My therapist, who is often a place of temperate permission, explained that she believes, and I quote:

"The ravishment fantasy is most likely the rule for women, rather than the exception."

You have to read a bit more of the article in order to get your hackles to rise. Some of you may wish you hadn't...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/shannon-colleary/what-women-really-want-in-bed_b_7302610.html?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000063

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/19/2015 10:28PM by elderolddog.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: May 19, 2015 10:35PM

How about talking about consent, boundaries, and having a safe word before engaging in these acts?

I have no problem with people engaging in various control fantasies, I have a serious problem with promoting these acts without discussion first.

It's irresponsible to suggest that most people want to engage in these acts. ALWAYS talk to your partner first, especially before performing "breath play."

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: May 19, 2015 10:39PM

but I have had a grab me, hold me, make mad passionate love to me with my consent fantasy.

Six inch f**k me pumps don't always work on Mormon guys.

Posted by: anonfornow ( )
Date: May 19, 2015 11:16PM

Big surprise here, right? Go figure that females who are raised with a submissive mindset fantasize about less-fettered sexual encounters, while still avoiding responsibility for the "driving."

Ladies, if you want it, show it. Take the wheel. He'll let you know if he wants a safe word, but many will be happy to hand you the keys, share the map.

Ennui is self-imposed.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: May 19, 2015 11:24PM

Posted by: siflbiscuit ( )
Date: May 20, 2015 01:01AM

My husband and I rarely "make love". We normally are into it being a little rough and tumble, but I am definitely against choking or hair pulling.

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: May 20, 2015 10:27AM

ziller: "Hey baby. Let's play 'rape'."

ziller's trophy wife: "No. Absolutely not!"

ziller: "That's the spirit baby!"

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.