Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: quinlansolo ( )
Date: May 21, 2015 09:36AM

"Artin Arakelian How is EXCOMMUNICATION is awful, please explain....It is a PRIVILEGE to be a member of LDS Church, in case you are ignorant about it, it is an exclusive CLUB for members.... Year after year your podcasts damaged church's reputation, you tried to undermine, demonize those awful doctrines...Now you are crying victim? I own a company , how long do you think I'd tolerate to you? 10 yrs? No maybe five minutes......I like listening your podcasts but you or Kate Kelly types are far from Victims....John Larsen was right all along diagnosing your types. You cannot play the game on both sides of your mouth."

Yes, it is my real name.....

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: May 21, 2015 10:53AM

Those of you who like science fiction may recall a classic story called "Tumithak Of The Corridors" in which alien Arachnids invade and take over the Earth. Five hundred years later a few humans remain in deep underground cities (makes you wonder where the Matrix stole that from) and live in deadly fear of the alien Shelks. A young man named Tumithak knows who and what the Shelks really are and decides to go on a quest to kill one of them so his people will no longer live in fear. On his journey to the surface he encounters a group of obese people who call themselves the Estettes. The Estettes believe they are the most cultured and privileged people on Earth and ordinary humans are beneath them. They have been told since birth that one day the "holy Shelks" would come for them and take them to live in their fabulous city on the Surface. As you have no doubt imagined some of them do make it to the Surface -- only to be fed on by the Shelks.

Mormonism is the penultimate con. The marks WANT to be fleeced. They believe it is a privilege to devote their lives, their property, their income, and their children's lives to a never ending perpetual scam.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2015 10:54PM by anybody.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: May 21, 2015 12:26PM

Posted by: lots-o-JD ( )
Date: May 21, 2015 12:29PM

And what does it have to do with fake book?

Write him a letter.

Is this for the board?

This may not be his main mailbox.

Date: May 21, 2015 01:14PM

No, but you act like this is your personal domain.

Posted by: xdman ( )
Date: May 21, 2015 05:38PM

I don't get the staying in the religion and trying to change it from within, so in that way I don't feel too sorry for Dehlin or Kate Kelly either, on the other hand there is no need for a shaming ritual.

I don't get how the church compares to an employer though. It's more the opposite, right?

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: May 21, 2015 10:25PM

xdman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> I don't get how the church compares to an employer
> though. It's more the opposite, right?

The employer is in charge. "THE" church feels / acts like it is in charge. That would be a similarity. "THE" Church issues lots of work assignments even though they might be on a volunteer basis. Granted, the money flows from the members towards "THE" church which is the opposite direction of the money flow in an employer employee arrangement.

Date: May 21, 2015 05:46PM

THERE IS;
If you ask for one.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: May 21, 2015 10:30PM

quinlansolo Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------
> right all along diagnosing your types. You cannot
> play the game on both sides of your mouth."

yah, that tactic is exclusively reserved for the EVIL FOUL MORmON cult

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2IGaXcgbk0

Posted by: ElderCarrion ( )
Date: May 22, 2015 12:23PM

Posted by: midwestanon ( )
Date: May 22, 2015 01:03PM

Wow, my post got deleted. This forum is awesome. Isn't this kind of shit similar to the practices of mormonism this forum is known for railing against? Moderation here has gone WAY down hill since SusieQ left. Idk who's moderating know but seriously, quit closing every thread at 30 pages and deleting posts for no reason. My response was topical, and maybe a little harsh, but it was hardly inappropriate. It was constructive. Maybe I should repost it just to be a dick- or to see if anyone notices, since in addition to the above complaints, the moderation is completely inconsistent.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/2015 01:05PM by midwestanon.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: May 22, 2015 01:06PM

midwestanon Wrote:

Correction: SusanI/S was the monitor...

I am SusieQ#1 sometimes referred to as SusieQ or .. we are NOT the same person.

Posted by: Maude ( )
Date: May 22, 2015 01:36PM

midwestanon: I think you're new here or at least I'm not sure I've seen your board name before, so I will answer your complaint here on the board. Usually you are asked to email Admin if you have queries.

First, if you repost a post that has been deleted that one will also be deleted. Bound to be even more frustrating for you.

The reason your post was deleted was because it is against board guidelines to call another poster names (like "idiot"). So, in this case, do repost but replace that language so there is no name-calling. Likewise, in the OP's response to you, he called you names so he too was deleted.

Posted by: generationofvipers ( )
Date: May 22, 2015 01:06PM

Not sure what the OP means. Sounds hostile for some reason. And if Mormonism is the penultimate con, what is the ultimate?

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: May 22, 2015 01:09PM

generationofvipers Wrote:
> Not sure what the OP means. Sounds hostile for
> some reason. And if Mormonism is the penultimate
> con, what is the ultimate?

He is apparently using the example of coming from the position of an employer and loyalty.
People don't keep their job if they badmouth and criticize their employer or his/her business, for instance. If you are fired for tearing down your employer you are not a victim.
That is his point, as I understand it.

Posted by: anon1234 ( )
Date: May 22, 2015 01:37PM

Did Jon say this, or you?
"It is a PRIVILEGE to be a member of LDS Church, in case you are ignorant about it, it is an exclusive CLUB for members"

My response to those lines is that they really show how rooted in Masonic traditions mormonism is ;).

In many other religious organizations, act as it is a privilege to have your family as a members. They know that you can find an organization that addressed your spiritual needs.

In Mo'ism, you fit the expected spirituality. (not just Mo'ism, other like Pentecostals also seem to expect this)

Date: May 22, 2015 01:52PM

> Did Jon say this, or you?
-No, anybody should remind you of that very basic fact?

>He is apparently using the example of coming from the position of an employer and loyalty.

Tell me that is not applicable anywhere? (including the Gospels of Jesus)
Mormon Church made great examples of traitors like John, Mike Quinn...
But not Steve Benson Types....

Posted by: midwestanon ( )
Date: May 22, 2015 10:49PM

I'm sorry, I meant Susan I/S. You can see why it would be easy to get the names confused.

"midwestanon: I think you're new here or at least I'm not sure I've seen your board name before, so I will answer your complaint here on the board. Usually you are asked to email Admin if you have queries.

First, if you repost a post that has been deleted that one will also be deleted. Bound to be even more frustrating for you.

The reason your post was deleted was because it is against board guidelines to call another poster names (like "idiot"). So, in this case, do repost but replace that language so there is no name-calling. Likewise, in the OP's response to you, he called you names so he too was deleted."

I didn't call him an idiot. I said his use of ellipses 'makes him sound like an idiot'. (There was actually a typo, though it was implied.) There is a difference- one addresses how someone is perceived when he acts a certain way, the other is just an outright insult. I'm not here to argue the semantics of it, I've seen people be way more inflammatory and not get their posts deleted, I don't understand the need to babysit users posts. It's one thing if someone makes big giant steps over the line, but putting a toe over and deciding to delete the post is asinine.

I am not new here- I've been aware of this forum for almost 10 years and I've been posting here on and off for over a year, and lurking on and off for 9 years before that. I am aware of what reposting would have done. I also suspected that Quinlansolo responded to me and got his post deleted based on the context clues, so thanks for stifling all conversation. You've succeeded in doing nothing.

I've been posting on internet forums for almost 13 years, and I know that my re-post would have been deleted. Thanks for telling me nothing I didn't already know. However, I was not aware of an option to email the administrators, other than when they offer their emails in threads.

Maude, if you're the one who's doing the moderating (I have no way of knowing since, unlike PRETTY MUCH EVERY OTHER FORUM, there are no tags underneath the names to indicate 'poster', 'moderator' 'administrator', etc.) Than you're doing far from a 'bang-up' job. I've seen wildly inconsistent policing in threads and on the forum in general since the new year or about then. I know I've complained about the threads being closed every 30 posts; I don't think anyone has seen them, since, because of this policy, new threads get (re)started to continue on the same topic, other threads that are still important but maybe get less traffic get pushed back off the front page, and the cycle continues ad infinitum. I don't know if the idea behind this is to continuously cycle in fresh topics or whatever, but what really happens is the same topics get posted about repeatedly, in some cases directly re-posted, and new members get confused about their threads getting closed for no explained reason; they might think they've broken a rule, and this may deter them from becoming a member or making posts in the future. I thought the same thing about some threads too until I realize it was just getting closed... to get closed.

This is the last I'll talk about this publicly; If someone here wants to let me know the names of the moderators/administrators and even the owner of the forum, I'll take my complaints to their email directly, if they care to hear them. I can't believe I'm the only person who has thought of or complained about some of these things. I really like this forum, a lot of the people who post here, and I want it to thrive. Topics and subjects about Mormonism and recovery from it are really personal to me, and when I see the way people discuss it being grossly mishandled with overly bureaucratic policies, yea, it irritates me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/2015 10:55PM by midwestanon.

Posted by: ladell ( )
Date: May 22, 2015 10:58PM

John Dehlin has bigger balls than me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/2015 10:59PM by ladell.

Posted by: generationofvipers ( )
Date: May 23, 2015 04:44AM

One thing that really confuses me is the opinion--so common as to make the OP a Johnny-come-lately redundancy--that John Dehlin could not be a "victim" of the system he is "attacking" because he was the one "attacking" it.

It seems to me that by that logic Nelson Mandela was never a victim of the Afrikaner minority, Rosa Parks was not a victim of segregation, Bruno was not a victim of the inquisition, Michael Quinn was not a victim of BKP and BYU, Thomas Moore was not a victim of Henry VIII, and one could go on ad nauseum.

So please help me understand why John Dehlin, who has done more to weaken the church's absolutist claims and abusive wielding of power than any other person I can think of, deserves the kind of bizarre ire the OP displays?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.