Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: May 24, 2015 09:48AM

It's Sunday,Sunday, gettin down on Sunday!
Party and party and yeah!
Party and party and yeah!
Fun, fun, fun, fun

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: kativicky ( )
Date: May 24, 2015 09:53AM

Lets see, I just got up and I am about to go and try some of the cold brew coffee that I made yesterday. Its my day off but I will be over at my parents second property helping with clean up and sorting and such which will probably end up being what I do every Sunday for a while.

Posted by: Dennis Moore ( )
Date: May 24, 2015 09:57AM

I owe, I owe, it's off to work I go! Last Sunday working, then I switch my schedule from Sunday - Thursday to Tuesday- Saturday.

It's bloody raining today! Ok, I won't complain. We're in a "mega drought."

-Dennis

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: May 24, 2015 10:26AM

This morning it's into town for coffee in my '72 Chevy pickup and then it out to a cousin's place at the lake for a birthday party BBQ with booze!!

Ron Burr

Posted by: seekyr ( )
Date: May 24, 2015 10:27AM

A beautiful 70 deg., sunshiny morning here in MD and my husband, son and I are heading out in a while for lunch at the Chinese restaurant followed by a hike on the C&O Canal.

And while I wait, I'm reclining in my favorite soft, comfy, chair sending messages to exmo's.

P.S. Sorry about your rain, Dennis.

Posted by: Darkfem ( )
Date: May 24, 2015 10:34AM

Listening to Nickleback and having breakfast with my love.

Posted by: unworthy ( )
Date: May 24, 2015 10:41AM

Got up, had hot tea, cleaned and rubbed 3 racks of ribs. Put them on smoker, done about noon. Friends coming over, look to have good time. Life is good,,

THANKS TO ALL THE OTHER VETS,,,

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: May 24, 2015 10:43AM

Mountain Man Rendezvous if it isn't too wet. We've had a lot of rain for 2 weeks. It isn't too cloudy this morning. Myself, I love the rain. I hate the heat, so putting off turning on air conditioning and sleeping with the window open and all the fresh air coming in is wonderful, listening to the thunderstorms.

Then making salmon for dinner.

I thought I'd be working Sundays for the immediate future, but I got to go back to my old job and now I only work every other Sunday. RELIEF!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2015 10:43AM by cl2.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: May 24, 2015 10:48AM

I am working on instructional videos about cooking techniques and recipes. Soon to be on youtube

Posted by: crookedletter ( )
Date: May 24, 2015 10:51AM

Prepping for an afternoon at the beach, if the rain stays away. TBM family in town for the weekend had to go to 3 hours of church this morning. The peace is kinda nice, though.

When they come back, we'll corrupt them with rock music, fun at the beach, and my daughter and I will be sporting "immodest" tankinis.

Posted by: Twinker ( )
Date: May 24, 2015 11:03AM

Posted by: saviorself ( )
Date: May 24, 2015 11:08AM

I will take my "standard" bike ride, which is 14.2 miles with a cumulative altitude gain of 800 vertical feet. At age 73 I am trying to regain my physical conditioning after having to lay off bicycling for two years due to prostate cancer. I am now able to do the ride in 1 hour 9 minutes so I am making progress.

Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: May 24, 2015 01:45PM

Not a thing today!

Coffee.

Internets.

Puppy time.

Posted by: EssexExMo ( )
Date: May 24, 2015 02:23PM

waiting for a date to call - since 10 am - it's 7.20 pm now so.....

In 3 hours, I'm heading off to a club I know, which goes on 'til 5.00 am

Yay for bank Holiday.....boo for women who dont keep their word

Posted by: Haunted Wasatch ( )
Date: May 24, 2015 02:28PM

Enjoying the beautiful weather while having a steak and Guac burrito that I bought on Sunday.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: May 24, 2015 02:34PM

With 10 other ex-mos (so far) at the
So-Cal meeting. I like it...

Posted by: Twinker ( )
Date: May 24, 2015 08:12PM

Lots of laughs.

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: May 24, 2015 02:52PM

I'm enjoying coffee, then will get lunch with the S/O and do a little of archery. I'm actually wearing red, since it's one Christian holiday Mormons ignore, Pentacost.

Posted by: ExMoBandB ( )
Date: May 24, 2015 04:03PM

We're clearing all the storm-rubble off of the patio, preparing for a barbecue tomorrow. We're rescuing and replacing some of the flowers that were pelted by hail. You can get a lot accomplished in three hours--instead of sitting and getting the joy sucked out of you, for three hours. I'll have a sore back, but I won't be depressed. The rescued tithing money more than pays for extras like flowers, ribs, parties, a bicycle, etc.

Good for you, Saviorself! Staying active makes you feel much younger, plus it is fun!

Posted by: rationalist01 ( )
Date: May 24, 2015 04:08PM

I attended a nice Unitarian Universalist service. A lady gave a talk on the subject of "white privilege as it relates to environmentalism." Not sure I got the whole drift of that, but this is the sort of "sermon" one hears at the UU's.

Otherwise, I've been enlarging my veggie garden for beets and carrots and drinking some beers.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: May 24, 2015 04:10PM

Just read this great blog about strawberry margaritas. Now I have to try this idea. I'll be entertaining myself by making them and storing in the freezer.

http://www.nwedible.com/strawberry-jam-margaritas-and-the-mason-jar-trick-that-will-blow-your-mind/

Posted by: KJ/Anonymous not logged in ( )
Date: May 24, 2015 07:09PM

It was about a 4 hour block............WOW.

A dozen of us in & out as schedules allowed.

So "blessed" to have this time together.

Happy Memorial Day Weekend
KJ/AnonyMs

Posted by: Senoritalamanita ( )
Date: May 24, 2015 07:12PM

Memorial service for a dear friend who passed away.

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: May 24, 2015 07:18PM

Spent the last 24 hours with my sister and her not-so-Mormon friends and their wee ones in Durango. It was a bit surreal and I might write about it later after I decompress.

I will say this: Now I remember why I detest family vacations so much and I'm awfully glad BF was on the same page as me.

Posted by: unabashed ( )
Date: May 24, 2015 07:19PM

Attended the Celebration of the Pentecost at Christ Episcopal Church where no one worshiped Joseph Smith!

We had a blessing on the new members of the Vestry (elected by the members) and the baptism of six children with their parents and godparents.

We had a sermon grounded in the New Testament by our Rector. No seer stones, reformed Egyptian or so-called modern revelation.

It was a fun Sunday service.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2015 07:23PM by unabashed.

Posted by: cakeordeath ( )
Date: May 24, 2015 07:45PM

Coffee, breakfast burrito at home, making maquettes for a trip to Aspen in June. Utah alabaster carving with an in-line chisel. Five days to complete a sculpture in Colorado.

Tonight, the weather is still cool so we start with a bottle of Menage a Trois red blend and Dubliner cheese. Next up, jalapeƱo poppers with raspberry coulis as an appetizer. Main dish is pork souvlaki skewers, feta cheese, soft pita, the works and a greek salad. That features a Menage a Trois sauvignon blanc. Finally, a break in the action with some PBR bottles and whatever's on Netflix or HULU and some cake. Mmmmmm... sure beat the every living hell out of whatever I'd be doing if I was active.

"We are going to run out of cake at this rate!"

Cake

Date: May 24, 2015 07:55PM

Did you make your breakfast burrito or go buy it?

I am completely over the moon about the Pepe's Breakfast Burrito, with bacon....

Posted by: cakeordeath ( )
Date: May 24, 2015 08:58PM

elderolddog Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Did you make your breakfast burrito or go buy it?
>
>
> I am completely over the moon about the Pepe's
> Breakfast Burrito, with bacon....

These were home-made this morning. Otherwise, it's always nice to have someone else make them. One of the secrets I've discovered is to include pico di gallo in the eggs, cheese, and bacon when warming them together on a cast iron skillet. Another treat is to have pickled onions, eggs, and carrots as a side dish for breakfast. It makes your coffee sips sensational.

If you are ever in Cache Valley (Utah) don't forget to stop by Herm's Inn on Canyon Road for breakfast and brunch. A little pricey but, hey, it's better than paying tithing! The fiesta omelet is to die for. Stay away from the pancakes and fried potatoes unless you are down for a long afternoon nap. :)

"We say herbs because there's a fucking 'H' in it."

Cake

Date: May 24, 2015 09:31PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hJQsvoY6VU

For the rest of you, it only takes a minute to get to the herbs....

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: May 24, 2015 08:26PM

Started to spring clean my den (yea, late I know). Now, relaxing with a knitting project and a glass of wine.

Posted by: HangarXVIII ( )
Date: May 24, 2015 08:29PM

Lagoon with the kiddos!

Posted by: 6 iron ( )
Date: May 24, 2015 08:35PM

I'm at my local sports bar watching OHL Memorial cup playoffs between Oshawa and Quebec city play
It is It. I've got a good buzz happening. The new cute blonde server is distracting me.

Oh, I'm drinking some Molson Canadian.

Posted by: iknowthischurchisfalse ( )
Date: May 24, 2015 10:15PM

Going to the gym.
Getting my haircut.
Watching TWO R rated movies on HBO Now. Rocky Horror and Grandma's Boy.

Posted by: Pista ( )
Date: May 24, 2015 10:39PM

If you like Rocky Horror, you should go to a live show. People wear silly costumes, repeat lines from a movie they've seen a million times, and have an initiation ritual for people who have never been there before. You know, just like the temple.

Posted by: Pista ( )
Date: May 24, 2015 10:34PM

We decided to check out the (in)famous Bucksnort Saloon near Pine, Colorado. It was a pleasant afternoon drive; record rainfall has made Colorado unusually lush. Unfortunately, their signature microbrew was unavailable because all the rain has flooded the storage area and the kegs were underwater. The food was not very good, nor was the service, but the scenery and character were fantastic. The other beers on tap were good enough. Drove past the Mormon building on the way home and got to feel that little sense of satisfaction.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.