Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Professional Postmo ( )
Date: May 29, 2015 11:11PM

I don't have any plans on moving there, I am just curious as to what it must be like being an exmo there.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: May 29, 2015 11:54PM

I know the guy who's going to be the next Chief of Police in Brigham Fork, which is just south and east of Spanish Fork. But he hasn't moved up there yet...

Posted by: theviking ( )
Date: May 30, 2015 01:45AM

My dad has a farm in Spanish Fork. I am the only one of my siblings who ever worked on the farm and now that my parents are old, they keep trying to get me to move back and take it over. They say they'll buy me house if I move back but I'm very apprehensive. I live in a big city and as much as I love farming, Spanish fork is super boring... Plus I don't know how the exmo scene is there. Whenever I go back I tend to hang around the SLC area.

I'd think it's a hard sell but I'm sure if you found a few cool exmos you'd be plugged into the social pipeline.

Posted by: pollydee ( )
Date: May 30, 2015 03:55AM

I lived on a farm in the Lake Shore area, and graduated from Spanish Fork High. I still have family living in the Leland and Benjamin areas. A lot of the old farm and cattle families I lived around were hard working, salt of the earth people but not all that religious. I was as TBM as they come, but most of my friends were Jack Mormons.

The last couple of decades, or so, there has been an influx of people and subdivisions ctaking over the farmlands that have been owned by familes for generations. Given that it is Utah County, I would imagine that a lot of the people moving into those subdivisions are of the more extreme TBM variety.

Posted by: poopstone ( )
Date: May 30, 2015 04:18AM

This is a beautiful area, probably the best in the state, not terribly expensive for the wonderful mountains and good climate and soil (comparatively speaking), lovely views. But I would agree, not a good fit for an ex-mo socially speaking.

Posted by: gannosu ( )
Date: May 30, 2015 09:34AM

I'm in Mt Pleasant, does that count. I love it here surrounded by mountains. Plenty of Mormons but plenty of others also. I have family ties to the JWs and associate with the JWs a lot. I kind of like most of them.

Posted by: unworthy ( )
Date: May 30, 2015 09:42AM

I lived in the SF area for many years. It has changed a lot over the years. Not near the total Mormon control as in the past. New companies and business are moving in. Good fishing, boating, hunting, hiking. Could do worse.

Posted by: danboyle ( )
Date: May 30, 2015 11:10AM

The trick to getting along in Utah is by being an inactive mormon, not an ex-mormon.

The hostility level is quite low for inactives, but it goes to eleven for ex mormons.....

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.