Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: downsouth ( )
Date: May 31, 2015 08:03PM

My husband is going to the show. He's going to be the next in the Q12.
It's like getting called up from the minors.

You know there are some wives out there with that thinking. And one guy will be over the moon.. And then when it's done, "well, you should've been called. god knows you are a much better saint than brother xxxxx." She will console her left out husband.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CristiB (AKA frtl mrtl) ( )
Date: May 31, 2015 09:55PM

https://www.lds.org/church/leader/s-gifford-nielsen?lang=eng

Everyone here thought he was near unto god status, it seemed. He was VERY personable when I was dealing with him. He did seem to really care. I also know that he's gone through lots of trials too.

I suspect he'll be a good candidate because of his media experience, and his money.

Just my thoughts.

Posted by: Agnes Broomhead ( )
Date: May 31, 2015 10:12PM

Was he FORCED to give up his calling of Houston Texans games so he could pursue this, uh, other "calling"?

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: May 31, 2015 10:17PM

Oh my! Somewhere out there in mormon land there is a woman who just knows that she is the perfect wife for an apostle and she just knows that ghawd chose her from the foundation of the world to be the special wife of a special witness!

She's been waiting for this moment since she became president of her beehive quorum...

Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: May 31, 2015 10:28PM

I imagine quite a few guys out there are sure they will be the chosen as well.

In fact, it would not be surprising if death was contagious at the top for a while given their ages, and several big egos should be rewarded with promotions.

I just hope they call up some 70 year olds. I would hate to see them get smart.

Posted by: sonoma ( )
Date: May 31, 2015 10:32PM

It's a Countenance Beauty Contest.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: June 01, 2015 12:26AM

I honestly can't think of a more cruel joke God could play on a man.

Posted by: notchet ( )
Date: June 01, 2015 12:52AM

They should bring Marlin K. Jensen out of retirement and put him in the Q12.

Posted by: OldGuy ( )
Date: June 01, 2015 12:59AM

It was supposed to be me! My patriarchal blessing said so!

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: June 01, 2015 01:07AM

I'm sure the SP in this area thinks he's going to be the one. He's been appropriately shitty to everyone for at least 20 years now. He's kissed asses until his knees ache.

Unfortunately for him, he's in competition with a younger more handsome guy that had more kids and has a LDS family fame name.
I'm sure they both think they're going to be moved up a slot to someplace a bit higher on the scale.

What these people seem to forget is how many others are in the loop. The church has an endless supply of butt kissers who would go and do what they are commanded to do. This leaves a lot of broken down used up old men who used to think they too could be president someday.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: June 01, 2015 01:24AM

So true.

An angel tells the new arrivals at the pearly gates not to make a lot of noise because BY and the saints think they're the only ones in heaven.

Posted by: poopstone ( )
Date: June 01, 2015 01:47AM

"Stick close to your desk and never go to sea,
and you will all be rulers of the queens navy."

lol!

Posted by: sophia ( )
Date: June 01, 2015 01:50AM

I'm not really so sure that all 70s wives are up for a lifetime sentence of having her husband be an apostle. Some are, surely, but it means never having a normal retirement, that time you expect to be your own with your husband, when your kids are grown, when it's time to do normal discretionary travel, play with grandkids, etc.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: June 01, 2015 05:45AM

That's my thinking. If you become a member of the top 15, you can wave goodbye to any hope of enjoying a retirement.

Posted by: hmmmm ( )
Date: June 01, 2015 02:39AM

One of the most distinguished members of this board in its history was a full-time MP whose replacement as MP is now a member of the Presidency of the Seventy.

Posted by: Kendal Mint Cake ( )
Date: June 01, 2015 03:45AM

I thought we were all equal here!

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: June 01, 2015 06:11AM

no, not even close, I think mint cake sounds much better than many other types of cake.

Posted by: Kendal Mint Cake ( )
Date: June 01, 2015 06:55AM

I agree. Chocolate covered Kendal Mint Cake really is the breakfast of champions.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: June 01, 2015 09:35AM

a person Could 'be called, appointed/annointed' and NOT show up to work the next day (or Any); what w/could they do????

Posted by: Chump ( )
Date: June 01, 2015 11:14AM

I'm sure all of them have had revelatory dreams by now that their husbands will be next. One of them will be right and they will bear testimony of that "revelation" for the next 30 years.

Posted by: praydude ( )
Date: June 01, 2015 03:10PM

They will only choose someone who "gets it"...meaning that he is "church broke". That and some great business savvy would help. Are the looking for charisma? Nope. None of the 12 have it. They need someone who can lie through his teeth and reap the money for the top.

Perhaps some in the 70 may think that faith is important for advancement. To the 12 one's faith is irrelevant.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: June 01, 2015 06:01PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.