Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: June 02, 2015 05:18PM

I am here to apologize....

to the other poster(s) who consistently used the term "LD$ Inc." in their posts. I am going to take credit for coming up with the original term :"LDS Inc." because I am not aware of any one else using if first.

" LD$ Inc." with the dollar sign =$ incorporated into it for the "S" was a splendid stroke of sheer genius that magnificently added poignancy to the simpler version of the term. I saw this clever modification of the term as a compliment and an upgrade to my compositional efforts .......and NOT as an opportunity to feel upstaged, inconvenienced, slighted, or injured. (HINT HINT to professional cry babies on how to classy up their rather whiny behavior). Because my chief objective is really to deliver a dose of reality to the world about MORmONISM/ "THE" MORmON church, and NOT necessarily an ulterior motive to promote my self via any platform. AFTER ALL, ITS NOT LIKE I GET A PAY CHECK FOR DOING THIS STUFF !!!!!!!!! Like the fat cat elites at LD$ Inc do for promoting their MORmON religious ideologies. If anybody wants to talk about Childish behavior, then WHAT? is "THE" excuse for some being so petty about some of this stuff, as in ending up so inordinately defending MORmON interests and making it look so much like MORmONS are trying to get a foot hold in on this site, when there are truly much bigger fish to fry, as in much better pet peeves to be peeved at IF those complainers really are disaffected from the MORmON religion, that is. Some one might say: Wow! there are some people that need a real problem to obsess over/to keep them entertained. SoMEone might also wonder how much time that certain whiners had spent formally complaining about MORmON blatant misuse of words / titles like; apostle, scripture, prophet, love ..... and so many more words of the language that are constantly raped by MORmONS like Joseph Smith on his latest teen age bride. I mean, do not look right now, but it appears AS IF some are harboring some very genuine affinity for the MORmON church, enough that they might be better served by just going back to their cherished MORmON treadmill.

Any way, I loved seeing the VERY CLEVER dollar sign version of the term. I felt that I had inspired some one else and then they were inspiring me, in my primary "THE" goal relative to "THE" church. It was a good feeling to have, enough to completely compensate for any eye strain that I frequently encounter because I spend way too much time reading stuff on RFM ......which is ENTIRELY MY FAULT. I am going to resist going totally MORmON and attacking certain posters for writing things that I want to read, to the extent that I frequently scan these pages, to the extent that I frequently experience some eye strain. I am even going to say "keep it up" to the quality posters, and that I can not thank you enough, and I will reserve the consternation for my eyes as they struggle to keep up, and THAT is NOT your fault. On the other hand, people who write genuinely stupid (MORmONIC) things may not get so much consideration.

At times I have failed to show the proper respect for and failed to pay the proper tribute to
the absolutely brilliant term of "LD$ Inc", by my failing to use it and promote its usage at every applicable opportunity. For that I am truly sorry.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: June 02, 2015 05:23PM

MORmONISM is supposed to be a serious religion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vICq4gGFfY

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: June 02, 2015 05:32PM

mormon or mormonism that way. The only thing that bugs me is that I type for a living and I hate typing words with a combination of capital letters and small letters, so every time I read the word, I just think "what a pain to type that out."

Posted by: Dennis Moore ( )
Date: June 02, 2015 05:53PM

I find it very amusing that Mormon is spelled like a moron. Those of you that are too sensitive, I suggest you go back to the NOM site. everybody's in different phases of recovering. I like the other posts saying that let's call a meeting to discuss this and who's going to bring green jello with shredded carrots. I do agree though with breaking up your writings into several paragraphs 1 big blob of writing is very hard
d to read for these eyes over 50 the that's why I try to break everything up except on my phone right now I don't know how this is going to turn out. Dennis

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: June 02, 2015 06:09PM

MORmON! Hmmmnn. I feel just terrible about this but I really don't have an opinion. Self expression usually means someone is expressing themselves in the manner that they choose. I think I like it, but of course I couldn't think about that a for very long. Not much to think about.

I do have to confess that every time I read MORmON I still think Mormon in my head because I know the little m is there and I just can't skip it.

Posted by: ladell ( )
Date: June 02, 2015 08:28PM

Posted by: bezoar ( )
Date: June 02, 2015 08:30PM

I'm still surprised this is "a high-class bulletin board." I've been posting here for years and haven't been kicked off yet. Sounds like the standards are slipping.

Posted by: saviorself ( )
Date: June 02, 2015 10:35PM

I have been rethinking this issue and here is what I have come up with. One of the main purposes of this BB is to assist active Mormons in transitioning out of that religion.

Many people first find this BB via a Google search. Finding a BB that is entitled "Recovery from Mormonism" sounds enticing. When an intelligent adult Mormon first visits this BB they expect to find serious information that might help them evaluate if they want to exit the Church.

Suppose that one of the first threads they read has a post by "smirkorama" (wow, that is an intelligent-sounding name) and it contains his juvenile references to MORmONS. For someone who is well educated and intelligent, being called a MORmON would be a serious turnoff. An intelligent person who does not accept being insulted might simply click the "X" to close the window and go elsewhere to find information written at an adult level.

Permitting the use of the insulting term "MORmON" is likely to be contrary to the basic purpose of this BB. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that people don't like being insulted. That is why I suggest that Eric ban the use of that term.

Posted by: Delila ( )
Date: June 02, 2015 11:34PM

Ah!

Censorship. Just what we need.

I had plenty of that in LD$ Inc.

Date: June 03, 2015 09:23AM

Refraining from insulting your customers is not censoring, it is common sense.

Posted by: wastedtime ( )
Date: June 02, 2015 11:39PM

OMG!!! When will this end!

Posted by: ozpoof ( )
Date: June 03, 2015 09:44AM

I think we need less banned words, if any.

Generally when you go to exmormon.org you get the facts first. You choose to enter the forums.

Seeing people using terms like MORmON may shock them into realising there are people who didn't get struck by lightening for badmouthing the CULT. LD$ inc is not God.

Posted by: lastofthewine ( )
Date: June 03, 2015 12:15AM

I've always wondered if MORmON is copied and pasted or typed out each time.

Posted by: torturednevermo ( )
Date: June 03, 2015 12:58AM

Have you ever thought of doing it like this: morMon.

It's a little easier on the eyes.
It has a similar effect.
It's easier to type.
And the big M is like the McDonalds sign, and kind of screams:
hello, hello, hello, hello, because it's already so branded in our minds.

Naw, keep it your way. Don't mind me.

Posted by: crookedletter ( )
Date: June 03, 2015 01:05AM

Nearly every post on RFM would offend an active TBM. I was one foot in, one foot out when I finally came to RFM. I found that many posts helped me learn to laugh my TBM self. The humor is very therapeutic to me. Several posters have found unique ways of expressing themselves. They add flavor to RFM! Thanks!

Posted by: cpete ( )
Date: June 03, 2015 01:08AM

If the spelling of morMon is offensive then you are an idiot. The tscc, cojcolds, morg, etc is utter nonsense and idiotic, imho.

Posted by: nonsequiter ( )
Date: June 03, 2015 04:19AM

I found this board when I was still pretty active... Not that I was offended here by anything because it was at a time where I was ready to transition out...

but if "MORmON" is offensive to the point where it makes people not want to come here... then they really arent ready to be here at all, because far more troubling, deeper, and essential topics are here on a daily basis.

Scared of a word? Yeah you may not be ready for some other threads here.

Posted by: darkprincess ( )
Date: June 03, 2015 08:08AM

Nonsequitur for the win.

Posted by: Richard Foxe ( )
Date: June 03, 2015 08:10AM

One or two times is witty and gets chuckles. After that, it becomes a cliche itself, and it is a quasi-humorous attempt to convey quite unhumorous feelings. The point is, though, it wears thin. It reminds me of someone who dots i's with hearts--cute at first, then quickly becoming cutesy, and then losing all positive meaning. As with the hearts, it says more about the user than the referent of the word.

Posted by: Anon 4 this one ( )
Date: June 03, 2015 10:13AM

Bingo.

Date: June 03, 2015 08:38AM

Ok, I'm back on a desktop computer. When I was the first leg of my journey out, I was very active on NOM. I went to that site every morning and posted frequently.

When I would come on this site, I felt guilty and frankly, I thought that some of the posters here quite smirky (Smirkorama's name origin?) and downright out of line.

NOW, I never get on NOM any more and I visit RfM every morning and on my lunch break (via phone). I've moved WAY past NOM and enjoy the postings here.

So those of you who are bothered by the use of MORmON need to lighten the f*ck up for pete's sake. This is a RECOVERY board people!!!

Geez...

-Dennis

Date: June 03, 2015 09:39AM

I am ANNoyED bY iT beCAUSe iT MAKes POstS FUCkING DIFFiCULT to READ and iT inSULTs soMe of mY Mormon relatives who are highly intelligent.

Dictionary definition of moron: Psychology. a person of borderline intelligence in a former and discarded classification of mental retardation, having an intelligence quotient of 50 to 69.

How many active members of the CoJCoLDS have an IQ of 50-69? Probaby very few. To refer to all Mormons as MORONS is inaccurate and highly insulting.

Would a psychiatrist put up a sign on his website that says "WE WELCOME WACKOS"? Insulting prospective customers is a bad way to conduct a website.

Posted by: Riverman ( )
Date: June 03, 2015 09:52AM

I think you misunderstand what this website is.

There are no customers.

We are all here to recover in one way or another from the abusive affects of Mormonism. (I had to stop myself from typing Mormonism smirky style)

If people spend any time here, they will find FAR greater things to be offended about than smirkorama's way of typing Mormon.

If they leave after seeing MORmON, they were not ready for the rest of the discussions you find here. Maybe you should look at it as a way of sifting the chaff!

Posted by: Darren Steers ( )
Date: June 03, 2015 10:18AM

Riverman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think you misunderstand what this website is.
>
> There are no customers.
>
Exactly, we are not customers, we are vendors. Trying to make a buck.

Selling our signs and tokens for money....

Date: June 03, 2015 10:08AM

saviorself Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am ANNoyED bY iT beCAUSe iT MAKes POstS FUCkING
> DIFFiCULT to READ and iT inSULTs soMe of mY Mormon
> relatives who are highly intelligent.
>
> Dictionary definition of moron: Psychology. a
> person of borderline intelligence in a former and
> discarded classification of mental retardation,
> having an intelligence quotient of 50 to 69.
>
> How many active members of the CoJCoLDS have an IQ
> of 50-69? Probaby very few. To refer to all
> Mormons as MORONS is inaccurate and highly
> insulting.

Would a psychiatrist put up a sign on his website
> that says "WE WELCOME WACKOS"? Insulting
> prospective customers is a bad way to conduct a
> website.

Dude, lighten up for f*ck sakes. No one is saying that members are morons. That would mean I would be calling the in-laws morons (hmm...). Anyway, if you don't like the term MORmON then don't read the posts that mention MORmON-its as simple as that.

BTW, if someone recognizes that they have "problems" and need help (first step in seeking help), wouldn't a WE WELCOME WACKOS sign make the person feel welcome? ;)

Gotta go to work, no more bullsh!t posts.

-Dennis

Posted by: wastedtime ( )
Date: June 03, 2015 12:27PM

I'm pretty sure that reading odd lettered text is a skill that comes with certain brain types. For instance, I have no trouble reading text that is backwards or even upside down and backwards.

Seems like I read a study/article about this once.

Posted by: breedumyung ( )
Date: June 03, 2015 09:21AM

How 'bout MORONi?

I could never figure out why Joe wanted to use this term.

Why in hell would they name their trumpeteer 'MORONi' and place him up on every theater?

Just sayin'.... BREED em young

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2015 09:27AM by breedumyung.

Posted by: Riverman ( )
Date: June 03, 2015 09:32AM

I feel like I am the cause of this whole uproar...

I originally posted a reply to one of smirky's posts just saying the typing was distracting. I never insinuated or suggested any type of sensorship. I do not want that at all.

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1592276,1592483#msg-1592483

I do enjoy smirky's posts, they are full of great content and very well thought out.

As far as worrying about offending a newbie semi-TBM - I don't give a rat's ass about that. If that offends them, they are really going to have an issue with 80% of the rest of the content on the site. And if smirky's MORmON typing chases off even one TBM, I say keep it up. We do not need TBM's here with their condesending attitude.

So, smirkorama I am sorry. I feel like I started this and it turned in a direction that I never meant for it to go. I was only trying to say the mixed caps/lower case words were distracting to otherwise very well thought out posts.

Posted by: archytas ( )
Date: June 03, 2015 12:20PM

Rfm is like a friendly bar fight that goes on 24/7 (with 1 day off each month).

Posted by: Darren Steers ( )
Date: June 03, 2015 12:27PM

Now I can't get this scene out of my head since you put it that way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vc3E7UkIzt4

Edit: a LOT of cursing in the video clip - be warned.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2015 12:28PM by scotslander.

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: June 03, 2015 12:50PM

Now that you bring it up archytas.....

haven't you noticed that the board hasn't gone customarily dark on fast Sundays since the recent change in mods?

Another nice change I'd say.

Thanks Eric.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.