Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Agnes Broomhead ( )
Date: June 03, 2015 02:14PM

I have been reading this story with a great deal of interest. It seems she puts out a lot on her story, but is deliberately vague about certain facts, though she makes some admissions regarding her current husband.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmGJNIgkkJI

The real problem, however, is that neither her ex-husband nor her sons have any blogs or social media sites or anything to explain their side of the story. And I really want their side of the story. It's foolish to blow off this situation and not respond; it's just not common sense.

Until then, my guess is that her ex saw the cult for what it is, wanted to leave, she got angry (like so many stories I read at RfM) and wanted to keep the boys, hell broke out, and he got custody of them by convincing the authorities of wanting to protect them from brainwashing. It sounds as though the oldest sons want nothing to do with the cult. I'd like to know the whole story.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: moose ( )
Date: June 03, 2015 05:20PM

https://youtu.be/oqMl5CRoFdk

*snarky grin*

Okay, seriously now, I didn't find what you were looking for but I didn't spend a lot of time, either. My own curiosity is quite satisfied by finding nothing.

Posted by: Kristy ( )
Date: June 03, 2015 07:12PM

Fascinating how Mormons can be so publically up close and personal w/ their life. CAn you give us the low down on her situation...very interesting. Ignore d-bag btw.

Date: June 03, 2015 07:40PM

Posted by: Glo ( )
Date: June 03, 2015 11:51PM

Something about her is a bit off.

Posted by: Professional Postmo ( )
Date: June 04, 2015 12:12AM

Can anyone give me a refresher oh who Lisa Hatch Acosta is? What does she say in the video?

Posted by: Margie ( )
Date: June 04, 2015 12:48AM

I have only watched a few minutes but her video reminds me of this video of Dr. Teleka Patrick:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6JJ4eUiSSk

She was the Dr. that went missing and was later found drowned. Anybody follow that thread on Websleuths? Strange and tragic case.

Posted by: Margie ( )
Date: June 04, 2015 02:13AM

agnesbroomhead Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have been reading this story with a great deal
> of interest. It seems she puts out a lot on her
> story, but is deliberately vague about certain
> facts, though she makes some admissions regarding
> her current husband.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmGJNIgkkJI
>
> The real problem, however, is that neither her
> ex-husband nor her sons have any blogs or social
> media sites or anything to explain their side of
> the story. And I really want their side of the
> story. It's foolish to blow off this situation and
> not respond; it's just not common sense.
>
> Until then, my guess is that her ex saw the cult
> for what it is, wanted to leave, she got angry
> (like so many stories I read at RfM) and wanted to
> keep the boys, hell broke out, and he got custody
> of them by convincing the authorities of wanting
> to protect them from brainwashing. It sounds as
> though the oldest sons want nothing to do with the
> cult. I'd like to know the whole story.

Thanks a lot agnes! Now I'm listening/watching her other videos. Have insomnia.

I wonder if she posts on that crazy LDS Freedom Forum. I have read some pretty wild stuff there.

What a soap opera life. World leaders, her husband's affair with the best friend, polygamy, excommunication, a false child abuse charge in which the husband served time but he did not do it, just took a plea.

I can't believe what some people reveal on social media.

Date: June 04, 2015 11:04AM

With scant information, other than her blog and the video which are all from her point of view, my own opinion is that she is TBM and her ex-husband was a wife beating cad. She foolishly let her sons stay with her ex and they've never returned. The ex turned some of them against their mother.

It's just another of many sad cases, some of it due to Mormon beliefs, some due to personalities.

Just my opinion, but she seems to be a bit of a manipulator, a bit of a narcissist, if you will. Even though there is no excuse for beating up another person, especially a woman, there are reasons her ex-husband may have resorted to violence. One of which a narcissist can bring on him/herself. Just saying (like others here, I have had my own run-ins with narcissistic types much of my life).

My opinion. Information is sparse. YMMV

Again, just sad.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2015 11:05AM by moose.

Posted by: runner ( )
Date: June 04, 2015 01:31PM

I grew up in her ward in Provo. She was a bit older than me, so I didn't know her well.

It is all very confusing, But I can say she is not the only one from her family with crazy problems.

Edit* I had to take out some of what I posted because I can't be sure if what I posted was correct information about Lisa or if it was her sister.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2015 02:11PM by runner.

Posted by: Cristina ( )
Date: June 04, 2015 04:24PM

I've read the blog and its obvious she has severe mental health issues. She has a huge WARNING to the federal government that might be monitoring her blog. Also, her current husband is a registered sex offender who molested his own daughter. http://www.homefacts.com/offender-detail/UT1797632/Silvio-Rodolfo-Acosta.html

Courts do not issue orders barring all contact with one's children without there being extreme danger to the children. Her delusions are centered on religion, its true, but brain washing is not grounds for a father to keep his children from a mother. Her behavior is bizarre and her obsession with the children's father is still apparent in the dreams about him she posts. She seems to have found a way around direct stalking through blogs and videos revealing every detail and photo of them possible. Scary shit.

Posted by: Cristina ( )
Date: June 09, 2015 07:42PM

Cause Lisa wants to tell you all about it if you will visit her world. http://www.lisahatchacosta.com/

Date: June 04, 2015 09:33PM

Where did you find the blog?

Date: June 05, 2015 01:21PM

Search for "Lisa Hatch Acosta"

Top of the list.

Posted by: anonfornow ( )
Date: June 04, 2015 10:14PM

Just posting that much personal [trash] about her life and the workings of her mind is a huge red flag. No attempt to protect her kids' identities, even.

I can't even imagine the hell they might suffer from peers, peers' parents and so on.

She throws her beloved boys under the bus even as she proclaims her love and devotion.

I had no desire to wade through her histrionics.

Her mind does not seem to function properly, not just from a cult member perspective, but from a mental health one. The cult seems to have made it worse.

Posted by: almost ( )
Date: June 04, 2015 11:01PM

The court ordered her clear of them till they turned 18. None of them want anything to do with her.

Date: June 05, 2015 12:57AM

How do you know this?

Posted by: shodanrob ( )
Date: June 09, 2015 08:48PM

I couldn't get past the 2 minute mark.

Posted by: Lisa Hatch ( )
Date: June 10, 2015 12:35PM

WOW!!!

Hello all posters of this thread... I guess I've created a lot of talk for you all. Thank you for your concern.

1st - ALL of you are in the dark about MY story! YES, this is the LISA you are all reading about.

I can hardly believe how WRONG most of you are on my whole story. (missing a little discernment, are we?) This is probably due to the fact I block many of my pages on my website.

2nd -, I leave this Post public MAINLY for my sons so that they can learn TRUTH through my eyes, negative or positive, from their Alienated Mothers eyes! About what I know to be true... NOT through yours or my ex's whose is the ONLY side they ever hear :) ....

3rd, here is some corrections for of all of you who can NOT read between the lines.

I put a lot of my personal life story on these blogs because my ex has tried angrily and desperately to COVER THE TRUTH and make sure my children do NOT know OR remember a loving, kind, decent Mother they have. BECAUSE his goal is to Win. This is a mind of a Sociopath.

Agne says that my ex and sons do not have any social profiles, which they do have a few in fact. NOT that this is any of YOUR business! My ex deliberately HIDES our children and anything about their lives because AGAIN it is a Alienation Syndrome he is creating for them and I. He (as he tells others) is making sure to PUNISH me, for divorcing him. He knows I have a GREAT and DEEP LOVE for my sons and he knows that this punishment is harsh.
Just for your info, my boys do NOT agree with some of this bitterness my ex displays and they try their best to get info out on the Internet when possible. My ex 'threatens' to destroy their lives, as he has done with me...many times...to make sure his life long goal to destroy me continues to thrive. How do I know...one of my sons has TOLD ME!!!
I would LOVE to know their side of the story too...but again, they are NOT allow to post by their father, Bernds, control...even as adults. Trust me, he did this to me as an adult.
YES, Agne, we did learn a lot of negatives about the Mormon Church, and we were excommunicated for 'apostasy', however the MAIN reason we were ex'd was because my ex, who grew up with a worldly life, drugs, sex etc. wanted to go BACK to his life of trash. A person can see the negative in ANY religion. FACT, I am a more Spiritual being than I am a religious being, however I am VERY grateful for the 'avenues' that are out in society which bring truth to those who need to learn of God. So I don' degrade the LDS Church any longer. I am grateful for all the positives they bring into the world. As should you all.

When we left the Church in the 90's, I went with willingly, and was not angry at all, as Agnes says. When I divorced my husband, after years of being prompted HEAVILY to do so, I simply asked to be separated by this wicked man, who I saw as a decent, wonderful man at the time, and within days he had a 'new family' and then abandoned us, even at the begging that he continue to have his boys and care for them. So you're completely wrong about that too.

I went back to Church for support and for Gospel principles I did NOT want my children to grow up WITHOUT!!
The ward members were cruel, unkind, and judgemental...however there ALSO were kind, accepting, non-judgemental ones TOO.

It was a tough up-hill battle, however, it was NOT about being accepted. It was about having my children learn soul and live saving lessons that ONLY the LDS Church has available for them to learn. Not everything mind you...however A LOT of them !!!

NOPE, the father did NOT protect them from your Demons, Agnes. I did not take them to Church to 'brainwash' them. I took them to enlighten them.

My ex threatened to take custody YEARS later...when he learned I was to marry one of our old friends who came into our lives to save us from all the HORSE manure my ex had been slinging while abandoning us to starve us out...so to speak.

He couldn't have our old friend saving us all from death. Spiritual and physical. So he 'threatened' to take the things I loved MOST away, from me. I called his bluff. I told him to take the kids, since I still believed he was 'GOOD'. Wow was I wrong.
He had lied lied and lied some more to make himself look like the Hero, yet in the end he told everyone he did NOT want the kids...but too late. SO to get even, he now tells EVERYONE the most ugly LIES to hide his past and agendas. How do I and everyone who knows him KNOWS this...because he tells certain people and they tell us and after 17 years of knowing him....I know him like the back of my hand.
His goal is to destroy ME...even at the cost of DESTROYING our children...and he has a history of this. It is unthinkable to most of us...but their ARE people out there that do exist which do these things...even to innocent children.

I KNOW you'd like to know the whole story Agnes...however, MOST of this story has been protected and NOT told BECAUSE the welfare of the children which still live with him...and those who are still GREATLY under his influence are having to be protected.

THAT is why a lot of it is not told until they are OLDER...DUH!!!!

A lot of the TRUTH HAS to come out about my current husband BECAUSE there are TOO MANY lies about him ....THAT is why it is out there....NOT that I want it out there...GET REAL!!!!
I hate people who do not get the whole story BEFORE making judgements.

Now, as for the next comments...well, I've got a life to live...and I have to go live it.

So, I will post more later...
AND, in the mean time...if you have any other questions..ASK

Yes, my story reads like a wild novel and those who MOST of the story tell me to write a Novel...

However, I am not at that stage yet....

More later....

Date: June 10, 2015 03:24PM

"More later...."

For the love of God...please no more.

P.S. If you don't want people to criticize or make statements about your hour long diatribe on YouTube, probably shouldn't make it public. Otherwise you're looking for attention and we just gave it to you unfortunately

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2015 03:24PM by shodanrob.

Posted by: popsicle sticks ( )
Date: June 10, 2015 01:34PM

If my mother was like Lisa, I would have a restraining order against her too. That's a crazy video. It's all about her. Over the top nuts!

Posted by: Lisa Hatch ( )
Date: June 10, 2015 06:48PM

THANK YOU 'popsicle sticks' for the compliment ;)
With a name like 'popsicle sticks' (fake name) I can see WHO the 'real' nut is.

lol
...and of course my video was all about me...my children have been told LIES for over 10 years about me...they have forgotten me. They had to have some of the distortion corrected. The video was NOT for you anyway.... that is why it was set to private. IF it is now public, that is because my children are only allowed to visit me without their dad knowing and would get severely punished if he found a link to this video. Grow up.

....so, shodanrod, (fake name again)... if you don't like 'gossip' WHY be on a POST like this? That's all this is...

Get Real...you love drama. ♥

My purpose of posting to this Thread, started out of ignorance and the Hate Bandwagon, is simply to correct alot of the misinformation being told, IF...

I said "IF" anyone is interested in learning truth.

I would NOT be surprised to learn that it IS my current husbands BITTER ex-wife who is on this site, stirring the GOSSIP pot to create a lot of lies since she can not live with the horrific trouble and pain she has caused to many of us.

If not her on this post, than her family or friends (who have done plenty of damage to me and my family over the past 25 years) are behind this, no doubt

You read right....over 25 years! Wow, some people are only happy when they are destroying lives. I hope this is not any of you on this blog.

I see that there are NO questions asked...only negative comments to belittle.

Apparently MOST of you have not lived with a Sociopath. These are very cunning and dangerous people who appear to be very charming and have it all together and who work hard to make YOUR life a living hell if you discover their secret and or if you do not comply with their wishes.

Call me NUTs, however i am positive all of you have not had these experience and have lived to tell about them.

- So, Cristina, I do not have mental health problems. It may appear to be this, because when a woman has a great deal of LOVE for her children and they are hidden from her (my ex hid them) it is VERY difficult to deal with separtion emotional pain,...especially when she is trying to somehow be in their lives without being punished for doing so, so this makes it very difficult to go about communicating with ones children in a PRIVATE way. but of course you wouldn't know this, not living through this.

I have some of the BEST women friends on the Planet WHO have been though this horrific trial and know first hand of its destruction. So think again, before you POST such nonsense.

Also, I leave the government warning on my posts due to the fact that my LYING ex uses everything I say against me! It is NOT because I think you personally would...it has a soul perpose for Sociopaths who have NO feelings of right and wrong and can not express LOVE.

NO court took them from me. EVER. In fact the courts gave me my youngest son FULL custody with a 5 year Restraining Order AGAINST the Father Bernd Holler...so get real.

My ex threatened to hurt dozens of people IF he did not get the ability to hide them and alienate them from me and our family so we had no choice but to let him have his way for the sake of MANY lives.

DURING one court case my ex convince ONE of my sons to get a FALSE RO out on me...even though I had NOT seen this adult son in over a year and had NO contact with him...again, GET REAL
....and WHY is it scary shit to post FUN, LOVING and awesome pics of ones children ??? I bet you do it every day.

And as for my current husband...he did NOT molest his own daughter or anyones daughter. Even the doctor assigned to his case told his family that my husband was set up and framed by his ex-wife. Some of the most intelligent, discerning, compassionate people on this Earth have written dozens of Affidavit to tell the world what a good, decent, kind, Godly, amazing man my current husband is...so go get your own deary.

EVEN one Court Judge complimented me and my husband on our family and said that he felt that my Ex Bernd Holler was lying from one end of his document to the other end!! Then he sanctioned him for $5,000 for causing my family soooo much grief and for NOT showing up in his own requested Court Hearing !!! HELLO.

Sounds like mine and my husbands AMAZING background is just eating you up alive?? Yup

Good bye Cristina.

~ Dear 'almost' comment, I did NOT try to kill my sons, as you say here...sounds like someone on this thread is the real NUT.

So, if you have NO uplifting, positive, kind, and non-judgemental comments to say or offer anyone...please kindly STAY off my personal videos and website that are MAINLY public so that my innocent children can visit their alienated mother without being punished by their cruel and bitter and heartless father.
Covering up facts with fluff will do them more harm than good, so go find your own woodstock somewhere else and don't criticize my warnings to my children.

I say this with the utmost respect and kindness.
Of course if this reply is being said to my husbands ex wife, then I am talking to a wall.

Good luck, to all of you in your battles of Right and Wrong.
I will pray for you ☺

Lisa Hatch Acosta ♥

Date: June 10, 2015 07:33PM

Lisa, I know you can't see it, but your videos come across as strange and wacky. So does your diatribe here. They only serve to push your children further away. Your kid does not care about what your placenta did after he was born. He is interested in living a normal adult life. If you want them closer, relate to them as the adults that they are now. They really need normality, not more crazy talk.

Posted by: Anziano Young ( )
Date: June 10, 2015 07:42PM

Well...now that Lisa Hatch came on here and explained herself, everything is as clear as mud to me!

Date: June 10, 2015 09:20PM

Lisa, if you want any kind of chance with your boys, STOP trying to set the record straight. They do not care. STOP talking to them like your religion is correct. They know it is hogwash and don't want to hear your religious opinions. Respect their right to their own spiritual beliefs. STOP trying to get them to see how much you have missed them. They have not missed you and you are driving them away. Apologize to them for all of the above. Then let them come to you, when it's right for them.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: June 10, 2015 09:36PM

Wow..this is fascinating. Hard to know what is really going on. It's a big mess. Sounds like a lot of alienation going on. The fight will go on as long as the fire is stoked.

The only peace left is to let it go.

Let it go. Nothing changes by continually blogging about it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2015 09:36PM by SusieQ#1.

Date: June 10, 2015 10:11PM

Heh of course shodanrob is a fake name. I don't use my real name on the internet. Common sense. And I agree with SusieQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKxr2PJ06Y4

Posted by: shortbobgirl ( )
Date: June 11, 2015 04:12PM

I was just totally bored while on a conference call and read a couple years of the blog. All I can say is start editing. If I were your kid, I would never contact based on your postings. You come across as bitter and slightly crazy.

Posted by: MinusRHS ( )
Date: June 24, 2015 02:03PM

I knew Lisa many years ago (around 2003) in Mentone CA. I knew her boys and saw the love she had for them. I also saw how energetic and hyper they could be and the stress it must have put on her as she was trying to come back to church and have the boys baptized. I lost contact with her shortly after that.
I recently found her story and her blog along with her youtube videos. My initial reaction was shock and sadness that her boys were "ripped from her arms" as she puts it. But I also started to see a lot of underlying problems. I don't know the whole story, I don't think anyone does or should.
My observations are that Lisa has had major emotional turmoil, this has probably caused a lot of mental stress and possibly some delusional thinking. With her repetition of phrases like "hindsight is 20/20" and uses of words like "Duh" and "Get Real" which are spread throughout her blog, she comes across as a little off. Lisa, I do not mean this as an attack or to shame you. I'm just offering some 3rd party observation.

Her use of religious rhetoric is so engrained in her words and writing, I can only imagine that this is actually one of the major reasons her sons do not contact her. She does come off as a religious nut (even though she addresses and dismisses this fact).
As far as the brainwashing goes and the restraining orders. Again, I don't claim to know the whole story, but I can't imagine a court approving a restraining order based solely on "I don't want to see her". We're obviously not getting the whole story. She claims her ex husband has brainwashed the boys to hate her, but I'm assuming there was some deep seeded issues that existed even before her ex took the boys. Just a guess.

I can't help but feel sorrow for Lisa and her situation. I can't imagine having your family torn apart like this. However, I'd really like to hear the other side of the story. Perhaps it would clear things up. For now, it seems like Lisa may be taking a very wrong approach in trying to get her boys to contact her. She comes off very controlling and financial "RESPECT ME!!!". I'm glad she has found peace in the church and been able to reach her goal of being married in the temple, but that's obviously not something the boys want any part of. I'd suggest toning down the religious rhetoric, laying off the 60 min long videos, and just showing your boys that you love and care for them and offering an open door....leave it at that. Anything else is just ammo to attack and mock.

Please take this with sincerest concern. I hope you get to see your boys again someday Lisa. I hope when they are adults and living their own lives they can find a desire to contact you again. Just don't do anything that will see you in any more of a negative light. Best of luck to you.

Posted by: MinusRHS ( )
Date: June 24, 2015 02:06PM

Fanatical*, not financial

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: June 24, 2015 03:37PM

If any of this has to do with Recovery from Mormonism, give me a call.

If she wants to talk about the effect TSCC had/has on her regarding her ex's "priesthood power" which he may have used or abused, or if she has observations on the good things the church provides/provided, offset with the confusing and life screwing-up-edness the church inflicts, give me a call.

Otherwise, she and her family simply need our good thoughts sent her way...

Just my 2 cents....

Posted by: minusrhs ( )
Date: June 25, 2015 01:03PM

I think it does have to do with recovering from mormonism. The main story here is the boys. Their experience leaving the church has definitely contributed to the schism in the family. In their journey to recover from that lifestyle, they probably see their mother as a major reason for their choice. Hearing her story is important too in understanding her perspective, but the real story is with how to boys escaped from the church. I'd be interested to hear how they made their choice, was it their father influencing them? Was it their experiences with Lisa? Was it something more sinister? That's where RfM really comes into play.

Posted by: Adele mc ride ( )
Date: July 15, 2015 01:17AM

i do know her Personally. Long story short. Her current husband was married when they got together. The son of her current husband got Lisa and her current husband in bed together while his wife was at work. Because of the infidelity they divorced. Shortly after that Lisa gave up custody of all her children to her ex husband. Yes gave up all parental rights of her children to be with her current husband. The people she is in contact with on her blog do not know both sides of the story. The people that do. Have no contact with her!!! She talks about her boys and how much she loves them when she chose to give them up and now wants her husband to have no contact with his two sons and grandchildren. She gave up her kids because her ex bern threatend to call the police on Lisa and "Rudy" because he did not want his children around a man that was a convicted sex offender!!! Yes. You heard me right. So she's signed them over to be with a man that she just ruin a marriage and a family. I could go on and on and on about her bid only people knew the truth and weren't brained washed with all her bs.

Date: July 15, 2015 01:21AM

her current husbands name is not Rudy. U can look up on the national sex offender registry. Silvio rodolfo Acosta. You will see what he was convicted of.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: July 15, 2015 01:27AM

You could be totally wrong, but at least someone has finally said something that makes some sense of this train wreck.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2015 01:27AM by elderolddog.

Date: July 15, 2015 01:36AM

Unfortuanlly i know it all to well. Because I am the wife of his youngest son. I have known her since 2003 when my mother in law was forced into divorce. By Lisa's and SilviO's actions.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.