Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: stillanon ( )
Date: August 18, 2020 07:15PM

Good. They were trying to force high density housing along with their new temple in Tooele County. Most people live/moved there to get away from density and sprawl. Heavy LDS area, I bet they were surprised at the push back from the sheep. Never should have been included in the first place. I'm betting they were afraid of more people leaving the church.

https://www.deseret.com/faith/2020/8/18/21372833/church-withdraws-tooele-valley-temple-residential-community-plans-mormon-lds

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: flutterbypurple ( )
Date: August 18, 2020 07:41PM

Glad to see they are backing out but in no way do I believe it will not be built.

It will now move to one of the many home construction companies they have in their back pocket to bring a new plan for the housing to be built.

Can anyone say kickbacks from the church?

Posted by: mrx ( )
Date: August 18, 2020 08:06PM

Looks like God's only true church on earth (aka TCOJCOLDS) made another colossal blunder. God forgot to inspire the glorious church leaders to make a temple plan that actually makes sense.

Nonsensical plan is all they got, and bigtime backfire - -

Tooele County is a rural area, and residents don't like sprawl, crowded houses, and the uneasy feeling of being packed in and surrounded by massive numbers of closely spaced houses in all directions.

Up until now, minimum lot size for new construction homes is 1 acre, with many bigger up to 5 acres or more.

It's a marvelous work and a wonder that TCOJCOLDS planned to surround the new temple with 466 homes on 167 acres.

Hmmmm de dummmm dummmm - speaking of dum- did you hear the one about church leaders spending countless thousands of hours and beaucoup bucks planning a Tooele temple?

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: August 18, 2020 08:57PM

They put about as much thought/design into a temple as Mike Brady does into his architecture.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: August 18, 2020 09:01PM

I think it is interesting the number of requests to remove signatures at the last minute.

I wonder how much pressure was applied to have members remove their signatures.

Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: August 19, 2020 12:51PM

They haven't decided where yet.

His last name was Droubay. I had a seminary teacher with the last name Droubay. Wish I could remember what his first name was.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: August 19, 2020 01:00PM

LDSINC is so totally out of control. They will eventually self destruct.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: August 20, 2020 01:12PM

Belive me when I say "the powers that be" will find a way to revitalize this project
There is just too much money to be aquired for it to be passed up!

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: August 21, 2020 03:34AM

Maybe what they plan to do is to submit a new proposal that adheres to current zoning guidelines (maybe a tiny meetinghouse on a big church owned lot). They build homes with empty spaces between them then campaign vigorously to replace the county supervisors with new plantees who are sympathetic to LDS Corp. Voila! Now the church is all set to ram their original plan of cramming in more residential units with their long desired temple.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: August 21, 2020 09:18AM

I don't understand the trend towards having high-density single family homes. I grew up in New England, and you expected to have a good patch of lawn on all sides of your home. Even here in Maryland, that is generally the case. But there have been a few cases of newer developments where single family homes are tightly packed together. There is even a development of "McMansions" where the homes are tightly packed. I'm at a loss as to why a buyer would be interested in a home like this when there are other options. Who would want to be living right on top of their neighbors? -- especially in a place like Tooele where there is no need for it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2020 09:19AM by summer.

Posted by: Heidi GWOTR ( )
Date: August 21, 2020 12:42PM

Maybe water conservation? I don't live there, so I don't know.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.