Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: theviking ( )
Date: June 04, 2015 06:01PM

Most of the time when I want to reply to a thread, it's closed because it has 30 responses. Is there a reason why we close them so quickly? It's kind of annoying. Sometimes when I start scrolling through a thread I just have that feeling that it'll be closed... I scroll down wanting to post, and it's closed. :|

I get there would probably be a few going on forever and that they might make other threads die out quicker but why can't we make the max 50 or 100?

Just my 2 cents.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: moose ( )
Date: June 04, 2015 06:04PM

to e-mail Eric or one of the moderators. See the Stickies for how to.

Posted by: whywait ( )
Date: June 04, 2015 06:05PM

Bandwidth is the main reason. Bigger threads use more of it. This is a free site, but bandwidth isn't free.

FWIW, I expect this thread to vanish as I believe this is covered in one of the stickies about board rules.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: June 04, 2015 06:08PM

I like it. It is like Logan's Run. We kill 'em off young. I've seen some with like 50-70 replies and it is too much for me to keep track of...

Posted by: Riverman ( )
Date: June 04, 2015 06:10PM

If it is a topic you think requires more insight than 30 posts, you can always start a CONT of the same topic. That is done on a regular basis.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.